Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez: GGG Deserves Canelo Trilogy - But Now Canelo Can KO Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    Ggg doesn’t do anything for canelo or canelos legacy anymore... ggg fans and media were saying canelo waited for ggg to be old in the first fight, what can we expect in the 3rd? Same bs.
    You have to admit there is a gap in age. One guy is at the age where he is at his peak. The other guy Golovkin is past the age where most fighters retire. It's not BS to ackowledge that. Do you really think Micheal Spinks would of beat Holmes when Holmes was in his prime I don't. There is no way Marciano would have dominated Joe Louis in his prime. Age matters because reflexes are a huge part of boxing. Reflexes diminish as anyone ages. It's the difference between landing a counter lunch or getting hit with a punch you would have dodged in your prime. There are some exceptions because some fighters' styles are condusive to lasting longer. Saying that a fighters age is irrelevant is the real BS.
    Last edited by TonyGe; 01-25-2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      You have to admit there is a gap in age. One guy is at the age where he is at his peak. The other guy Golovkin is past the age where most fighters retire. It's not BS to ackowledge that. Do you really think Micheal Spinks would of beat Holmes when Holmes was in his prime I don't. There is no way Marciano would have dominated Joe Louis in his prime. Age matters because reflexes are a huge part of boxing. Reflexes diminish as anyone ages. It's the difference between landing a counter lunch or getting hit with a punch you would have dodged in your prime. There are some exceptions because some fighters' styles are condusive to lasting longer. Saying that a fighters age is irrelevant is the real BS.
      See, maybe ggg and his fans aren’t all to blame. Maybe you guys are legit dumb, no offense. I never said there wasn’t a gap in age. I said, y’all were crying since before the first fight about age, so why would canelo fight ggg now? Y’all still gonna b.itch about the age and not give canelo his credit... that’s what I’m taking about

Comment

See, maybe ggg and his fans aren’t all to blame. Maybe you guys are legit dumb, no offense. I never said there wasn’t a gap in age. I said, y’all were crying since before the first fight about age, so why would canelo fight ggg now? Y’all still gonna b.itch about the age and not give canelo his credit... that’s what I’m taking about
        I gave credit to Canelo for his showing in the second fight. I don't think he won but I gave him credit. He's a good fighter no doubt. I have problems with his opponent selection the scoring of his fights and his weight manipulation. I don't care for him but I'm willing to give him credit for legitimate fights. For example the Lara fight. Lara was a legitimate threat. Despite the opinion of many on the forum I thought Canelo beat him in a close fight. As far as Golovkin goes if he's willing to fight him that's fine with me. If he's willing to settle this I support him. If he wants to move on I'm fine with that too. If Canelo decides to fight Golovkin or move on I think you would support him either way.

Comment

I gave credit to Canelo for his showing in the second fight. I don't think he won but I gave him credit. He's a good fighter no doubt. I have problems with his opponent selection the scoring of his fights and his weight manipulation. I don't care for him but I'm willing to give him credit for legitimate fights. For example the Lara fight. Lara was a legitimate threat. Despite the opinion of many on the forum I thought Canelo beat him in a close fight. As far as Golovkin goes if he's willing to fight him that's fine with me. If he's willing to settle this I support him. If he wants to move on I'm fine with that too. If Canelo decides to fight Golovkin or move on I think you would support him either way.
          What about the opponent ggg selects? You don’t have a problem with those? Besides canelo Jacobs and SD, you can’t tell me the rest were straight bs... favorable scoring? Like Jacobs and SD? What about those?

Comment

What about the opponent ggg selects? You don’t have a problem with those? Besides canelo Jacobs and SD, you can’t tell me the rest were straight bs... favorable scoring? Like Jacobs and SD? What about those?
            IMO he lost to SD and beat Jacobs and I posted that several times. The Jacobs fight was close but I thought Golovkin beat him. I also posted here that SD deserves a rematch.

Comment

IMO he lost to SD and beat Jacobs and I posted that several times. The Jacobs fight was close but I thought Golovkin beat him. I also posted here that SD deserves a rematch.
              What about his opposition not names Alvarez, Jacobs, and Deryvianchenko

Comment

What about his opposition not names Alvarez, Jacobs, and Deryvianchenko
                What about them? He's fought most of the guys that were highly rated in his division. I don't have a problem with who he fought. The guys you mentioned. OK let's start with Derev. How come he didn't fight him when he was waiting for the Canelo rematch and had to find an opponent on short notice. I assume you watched the fight when it finally happened. You want Golovkin to fight this guy and jeopardize the rematch? Derev gave him hell. Leading up to the fight Golovkin said he was familiar with Derev. Golovkin, his managers trainer and promoter knew this guy was no joke. As it turned out they were right. They said they would fight him down the road for more money and that's what happened but no people saw it as an opportunity to discredit him and jumped on the bandwagon. Brook is another example. Eubank Sn. sabotaged the fight in England either intentionally or by just being unreasonable. The fight fell apart and in order to keep it in England Hearn offered the fight to Brook who jumped at the chance to fight him and he was well paid. Yes he's fought guys from a lower weight division just like Hagler, Monzon, SRR etc. etc. This has been going on forever in boxing it's not unusual. It going to keep happening. As far as him not dropping weight to fight guys in a lower division. Why would a reigning champion drop weight put his title on the line against a challenger. Money plain and simple. If the money isn't there it's not likely going to happen. That's why Golovkin said publically in an ESPN interview that he would drop weight for Mayweather but not for Canelo. IMO any champion who puts his title on the line and takes a weight cut is an idiot unless the money is huge. Factor in that Golovkin started late and was in his 30's when people were demanding that he take a weight cut to fight Canelo. It's absurd. At that age weight cutting is a struggle and most likely will end up badly. If Canelo annd Golovkin fight yeah Canelo will most likely beat him for real this time. Maybe stop him. That's OK with me because Golovkin is entitled to try and correct the two decisions that went against him. I think even you agree that Golovkin belives in his heart that he won both of those fights. Either way rematch or no rematch if Golovkin decides he can't win and passes or Canelo just won't fight him I'm OK with it.
                Last edited by TonyGe; 01-26-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

What about them? He's fought most of the guys that were highly rated in his division. I don't have a problem with who he fought. The guys you mentioned. OK let's start with Derev. How come he didn't fight him when he was waiting for the Canelo rematch and had to find an opponent on short notice. I assume you watched the fight when it finally happened. You want Golovkin to fight this guy and jeopardize the rematch? Derev gave him hell. Leading up to the fight Golovkin said he was familiar with Derev. Golovkin, his managers trainer and promoter knew this guy was no joke. As it turned out they were right. They said they would fight him down the road for more money and that's what happened but no people saw it as an opportunity to discredit him and jumped on the bandwagon. Brook is another example. Eubank Sn. sabatoged the fight in England either intentionally or by just being unreasonable. The fight fell apart and in order to keep it in England Hearn offered the fight to Brook who jumped at the chance to fight him and he was well paid. Yes he's fought guys from a lower weight division just like Hagler, Monzon, SRR etc. etc. This has been going on forever in boxing it's not unusual. It going to keep happening. As far as him not dropping weight to fight guys in a lower division. Why would a reigning champion drop weight put his title on the line against a Challenger. Money plain and simple. If the money isn't there it's not likely going to happen. That's why Golovkin said publically in an ESPN interview that he would drop weight for Mayweather but not for Canelo. IMO any champion who puts his title on the line and takes a weight cut is an idiot unless the money is huge. Factor in that Golovkin started late and was in his 30's when people were demanding that he take a weight cut to fight Canelo. It's absurd. At that age weight cutting is a struggle and most likely will end up badly. If Canelo annd Golovkin fight yeah Canelo will most likely beat him for real this time. Maybe stop him. That's OK with me because Golovkin is entitled to try and correct the two decisions that went against him. I think even you agree that Golovkin belives in his heart that he won both of those fights. Either way rematch or no rematch if Golovkin decides he can't win and passes or Canelo just won't fight him I'm OK with it.
                  In my opinion he could have a better resume at his age if he wanted to make te tougher fights. That’s not the case.

Comment

In my opinion he could have a better resume at his age if he wanted to make te tougher fights. That’s not the case.
                    OK Robi that's fine.

Comment

I’m a fan of Mexican boxing sue me. Regardless of what you say, canelo has a better resume than ggg and is not even 30 yet... remind us who ggg was fighting in his 20’s? Thanks
                      If hed had a good promoter, im sure he'd have been fighting old Mosley, Cotto and all the other blown up Welters too. He mightve defended the middleweight title against Amir Khan, then gave up hes title, gone down to fight Liam Smith while steering clear of Andrade and the Charlos too. Its possible all the would've happened, because all I heard people saying was Golovkin needed to be gone because no Charlo, Saunders Andrade ect. But in fact, Canelo just went on to avoid the young lions too. Like I said, Golovkin fought the next best guy, the young star twice.So let's see Canelo do it, instead of old guy, retread, domestic level, and old guy again. There's alot of options, and atm, he's taking the least interesting ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X