No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2020 upcoming pick ems: February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Plant vs Feigenbutz should be included in my opinion.

Feigenbutz is the IBF mandatory and has held a WBA "regular" title before.
    People aren't seeming that interested but give me that over a total mismatch like Rigo vs Solis anytime. I'm not saying Vincent is some elite fighter but he's been putting in some solid performances and he certainly ain't bad. His loss to DeCarolis came when he was just 20 and was his first real step up... it happens. I'd expect Plant to win but this one will be a real fight at least.

Comment

If we can do a reasonable amount of research on the fighters in question then do it up if it’s not too much work. With Rosario I got to see a handful of his fights on YouTube along with his most notable opponents fights. That helped me to accurately gauge where his skill level was at. Relying too heavily on boxrec will really shoot you in the foot sometimes because there are a lot of fighters who are better or worse than their resume suggests.

Comment

I'm a Brook fan but I don think his fight with DeLuca warrants inclusion. I think Galahad vs Marrero should be ahead as both guys are in Boxrec's top 10 at featherweight (Galahad 4 Marrero 9). Terri Harper vs Wahlstrom is also on the same night for WBC,IBO belts but i'm not sure what the feeling is to Women's boxing in this group or in general to be honest.

Although it's great to play for points, surely the best aspect of this game is that you catch some fights that you may have otherwise missed/avoided. Having a vested interest in a random fight means we watch and learn a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
          OKay gents it's down to you, please make your opinions known. Not only will it mean you get the fights you want next month, but it will also help inform us what kinds of fights you would like us to consider throughout the year.

Just as a personal opinion though, if I had to choose just one of the optional fights (but remember the poll is multi-choice) it would be Makabu - the Euro slayer, vs Cieslak - the African slayer, a pair of top 10 ranked Cruisers whoever you ask, which has the makings of a fantastic fight. The only reason I didn't include it as an automatic PICK EM is because I'm not at all sure there will be a broadcast available and I know that has put some players off certain fights in the past.
          Koba,
          We gotta have GRJ vs Tug on 2/08/2020. That’s got upset all over it!
          Cheers matey

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
            Koba,
            We gotta have GRJ vs Tug on 2/08/2020. That’s got upset all over it!
            Cheers matey
            100%, man. The ones in black on the list on the OP are the ones that are in for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BobLoblaw View Post
              I'm a Brook fan but I don think his fight with DeLuca warrants inclusion. I think Galahad vs Marrero should be ahead as both guys are in Boxrec's top 10 at featherweight (Galahad 4 Marrero 9). Terri Harper vs Wahlstrom is also on the same night for WBC,IBO belts but i'm not sure what the feeling is to Women's boxing in this group or in general to be honest.

Although it's great to play for points, surely the best aspect of this game is that you catch some fights that you may have otherwise missed/avoided. Having a vested interest in a random fight means we watch and learn a bit more.
              You and I gonna get along just fine I think, Bob.

A big part of my preference and philosophy for the game is that whilst it should be about a bit of fun, banter and bragging rights it's also about learning more about the fighters and broadening our knowledge of the sport. Thing is I also don't want to put off any of the guys who mainly just watch the big fights or the major networks, so there's a balance to be struck, which is a big part of the reason for the poll for upcoming games... get a feel for just how far we can go with bringing the lesser known fights to the players.

And as things stand on the poll Brook vs Deluca ain't in and I don't think it should be either, occasionally we've included that sort of mismatch but typicallly only when the A side is a top P4Per or it's a fight of overwhelming player interest maybe with multiple titles on the line.

Galahad vs Marrero is in fact one of the fights we've included by default (the ones in black on the list on the OP) for the exact reasons you said, in general any fight between two top 10 guys (per TBRB) in a divion will be included, especially if it's a title fight.

With regards to women's fights I'll make no secret that I'm a big supporter of the female sport, but experience has shown that in general the best we've got from most players is a lack of interest and at worst outright opposition, and I ain't about forcing fights down the players' throats. What I will do when we get a AAA ladies fight like Taylor - Braekhus, Serrano - Taylor, Shields vs Breakhus or another top level fighter or anything of similar magnitude is put it to the poll and do my best to encourage some interest.

Myself I would have liked to have seen Harper vs Wahlstrom in the game, not least because I think Eva's pretty damn hot with her cheeky lopsided grin, but I could say 100% the players wouldn't have gone for it, so I'd rather save including women's fights on the poll for only the absolute top matchups.

Comment

Koba...been a late nite! Lol

Comment

Kid Galahad vs Marrero

Russell vs Nymbayar

Must have fights.....

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Kid Galahad vs Marrero

Russell vs Nymbayar

Must have fights.....
                    Not the greatest but I wouldn't argue. Probably be at least another year before there's a chance to bet against Gary...
                    I'm down...

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      Yes, I'm OK with that fight. Both guys could be looking to counter, so it may be slow going at times, but would be spurts of big action. Both guys would sell that fight as well
                      I feel like eubank is there to be countered by any decent puncher . He doesnt throw logical punches and he doesnt set his punches up , he just throws . Any decent counter puncher will time him . He has a decent beard tho . Should be an interesting scrap altho I'd rather see korobov get a rematch with either first .

Comment

Working...
                      X