No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2020 upcoming pick ems: February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nsb pick em 2020 upcoming pick ems: February

Okay gentlemen, back by popular demand ..or something.. we have the first UPCOMING thread of 2020. For those who weren't around for the 2018/9 pick ems we ran (a bit sporadically) threads in both years which would serve the dual purpose of both notifying the players of which fights were likely to be included in the following months pick 'em games and also to allow players some kind of input in deciding which fights they wanted in the game. Although we weren't particularly consistent with it (it was mainly just in a few of the summer months) I believe it was successful enough that it should be a continuing feature of the game.

In general major title fights, fights involving anyone widely held as a top P4Per, fights between two fighters both ranked in the top 10 (per TBRB/Ring/Boxrec) and all other fights of major public interest will be included in the game, but there's always going to be many borderline fights, maybe between guys a little further down the rankings or between less well known fighters or step up fights for hot prospects which don't fit these croiteria but may still be of interest to many players. Players will be given the option of voting whether to include a selection of such fights in the game. Polls will be public, though only votes of current PICK EM players will be counted, and multiple choice, so you can vote for as many of the fights on offer as you wish or vote for the 'none' option if such is your preference.

OK so the fights on this thread will in fact start on the 30th of January - an early weekend. Fights on the following list in BLACK lettering will be included in the PICK EM game, fights in RED lettering will be put to the poll for players to vote upon:

POLL IS MULTIPLE CHOICE

20/01/30
    1. Andrade vs Keeler
    2. Farmer vs Diaz
    3. Roman vs Akhmadaliev

20/01/31
    1. Makabu vs Cieslak

20/02/02
    1. Ramirez vs Postol

20/02/08
    1. Russel Jr vs Nyambayar
    2. Galahad vs Marreno
    3. Rigondeaux vs Solis
    4. Brook vs DeLuca

20/02/14
    1. Garcia vs Fonseca

20/02/15
    1. Plant vs Fiegenbutz

20/02/22
    1. Wilder vs Fury
    2. UNDERCARD TBA

20/02/29
    1. Garcia vs Vargas
    2. Yafai vs Gonzalez

The Wilder - Fury undercard is yet TBA but obviously inclusion will depend on the quality of any fights involved, also, obviously we are not responsible for any changes in scheduling or cancellations etc, though we will do our best to work with any such changes.

If there are any fights which have not been included in the list which you would particularly like to see in the game, please post your interest in the thread below.

In general we will work on the basis of fights being included if they reach a simple majority (over 50%) of votes cast by current PICK EM players - ie those with their name on the leaderbord. For instance if 19 players vote any fight that receives 10 or more votes will be included in the game.

OK gentlemen, I think that's about it. Please make your feelings known, after all this is all about naking the NSB PICK EM the kind of game that you enjoy and including the fights you want to see in as much as possible.

Regards

K

EDIT: Oh, and please accept my apologies for the misspelling of Michal Cieslak's name on the poll.

If the mods will sticky this thread and unstick the NEW PLAYERS WELCOME thread it'd be much appreciated.

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

Thanks in advance. K
    Andrade vs Keeler
    9.89%
    Roman vs Akhmadaliev
    18.68%
    Makabu vs Cieslek
    14.29%
    Rigondeaux vs Solis
    16.48%
    Brook vs DeLuca
    8.79%
    Garcia vs Fonseca
    13.19%
    Plant vs Fiegenbutz
    13.19%
    Other (please state in thread)
    4.40%
    None of the above
    1.10%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 01-22-2020, 04:41 PM.

OKay gents it's down to you, please make your opinions known. Not only will it mean you get the fights you want next month, but it will also help inform us what kinds of fights you would like us to consider throughout the year.

Just as a personal opinion though, if I had to choose just one of the optional fights (but remember the poll is multi-choice) it would be Makabu - the Euro slayer, vs Cieslak - the African slayer, a pair of top 10 ranked Cruisers whoever you ask, which has the makings of a fantastic fight. The only reason I didn't include it as an automatic PICK EM is because I'm not at all sure there will be a broadcast available and I know that has put some players off certain fights in the past.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-22-2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

@ Andrade, continually fighting NO top MWs.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        @ Andrade, continually fighting NO top MWs.
        Man I actually feel for Boo Boo, he's a talented dude and I have to imagine he actually wants big fights but it's like his career just stopped after the Vanes fight, like 7 fuckin years he's just been on hold... It's impossible to tell whether it's just bad luck or what it is, breaks just don't come for some dudes.

Comment

Okay gents as things stand we're getting Danny Roman vs Akhmadadaliev, Makabu vs Cieslak, Rigo vs Solis and young Ryan G vs Fonseca.

Personally I reckon folk are overlooking Plant vs Feigenbutz maybe due to young Vincent's KO loses but it's worth bearing in mind the kid was only 20 at the time and it ain't like Caleb is much of a big hitter. I'd be expecting Plant to win and likely wideish especially on home soil, but this a real fight for my money and more competitive than the likes of Rigo - Solis unless Guillermo suddenly got old or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Man I actually feel for Boo Boo, he's a talented dude and I have to imagine he actually wants big fights but it's like his career just stopped after the Vanes fight, like 7 fuckin years he's just been on hold... It's impossible to tell whether it's just bad luck or what it is, breaks just don't come for some dudes.
            I’ve literally just been debating with some dude that Vanes is still his best win. Such a waste of a career considering his talent level.

They should just make Andrade-Derevyanchenko. That can’t be that difficult to make.

I can’t see him fighting Charlo tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              I’ve literally just been debating with some dude that Vanes is still his best win. Such a waste of a career considering his talent level.

They should just make Andrade-Derevyanchenko. That can’t be that difficult to make.

I can’t see him fighting Charlo tbh.
              Don't know why PBC wouldn't make Charlo/Derevyanchenko either, he's fought on their platform before. That would be a good fight

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                Don't know why PBC wouldn't make Charlo/Derevyanchenko either, he's fought on their platform before. That would be a good fight
                Completely agree Charlo is another guy in desperate need of some more credible wins at 160.

I like the idea of Charlo-Eubank Jr too, that’s a good matchup stylistically IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Completely agree Charlo is another guy in desperate need of some more credible wins at 160.

I like the idea of Charlo-Eubank Jr too, that’s a good matchup stylistically IMO.
                  Yes, I'm OK with that fight. Both guys could be looking to counter, so it may be slow going at times, but would be spurts of big action. Both guys would sell that fight as well

Comment

Plant vs Feigenbutz should be included in my opinion.

Feigenbutz is the IBF mandatory and has held a WBA "regular" title before.

Comment

Working...
                    X