Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Charlo's Handlers Turned Down 'Very Lucrative Offer' For Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    Ohhh man you beat me to it....

Can't wait to see how Henning, MCC and WBC spin this:

"Haymon has a plan"

"Why are DAZN trying to make fights with fighters from PBC when they can't even make fights between their own fighters"

"He didn't say how much it was, Charlo gets more back end money than that"
    This post should be pinned.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Because it's an internet boxing forum and people are here to discuss it you idiot.

yes it's an internet forum but you don't know anything...are you that stupid to realize that?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        why are pbc fanboys so defensive? there's nothing to defend you idiots because you don't know anything about it.

dela hoya made his claim public...if he's lying or not charlo and/or pbc are free to counter it.
        Why don't the PBC haters have anything credible to say other than this PBC fighter is scared, don't want it, etc?

Why do you have to call someone a fanboy or "defensive" just because they differ in opinion. Is it because name calling is the only thing you can do?

Aren't other posters free to challenge DLH's veracity? Wouldn't it be prudent to wait until Charlo camp has a chance to respond before passing judgement?

Comment

yes it's an internet forum but you don't know anything...are you that stupid to realize that?
          There are viewpoints coming from both sides dumbass. The pro Oscar people don't know anything either. So stop trying to pretend you're making an objective point when you have an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            Ohhh man you beat me to it....

Can't wait to see how Henning, MCC and WBC spin this:

"Haymon has a plan"

"Why are DAZN trying to make fights with fighters from PBC when they can't even make fights between their own fighters"

"He didn't say how much it was, Charlo gets more back end money than that"
            charlo does get backend money...hes a pbc foundational piece...all of those guys do....are you still in denial that side money even exists in the pbc? because ive seen those types too...and they are hilarious

how come hearn is willing to put his figure out there but oscar isnt? kinda strange

its likely because its not much more than the offer to fight andrade if there even is a genuine offer

just a month ago we heard bob arum out there saying "were eyeing shawn porter" for a week leading up to the mean machine fight...only to hear that entire team shoot down a porter fight once porters dad came out and said they have to go ahead to make a fight

im not saying charlo wasnt offered the fight.....but if the money was right he would take it....is it less than what danny got? if it is how much less?

you cant come out here, when hearn is talking straight numbers, and say you made a "lucrative" offer....i mean....youve got chenko getting 6 mil to fight golovkin...youve got jacobs making 12 to fight canelo......what is oscar afraid of by saying it?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              I thought the reason the bum was holding out in fighting anyone with a pulse was to secure a pay day like this.

Those Charlos are very outspoken and you don't here anything from them.

Lions only though, more like Loins
              Question...what was the payday like? Wouldn't we need to know what this offer (that was apparently made last year) was before passing any judgement. For example, Usyk was paid handsomely by Hearn to fight Bellew, but now he apparently fights for Matchroom. Is that a coincidence or the result of contracts having "options" on them similar to the options Hearn has on Ruiz.

It really baffles me how much some of you insist on labeling certain fighters scared or whatever. Do you have nothing better to offer?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                There are viewpoints coming from both sides dumbass. The pro Oscar people don't know anything either. So stop trying to pretend you're making an objective point when you have an agenda.

yeah you and the other side are just like a bunch of kids arguing about something they don't know about. you're a hopeless moron so i'm not gonna waste any more of my time and i'll just leave you to it

Comment

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying I ain't taking De la Hoyas word for it

Comment

yeah you and the other side are just like a bunch of kids arguing about something they don't know about. you're a hopeless moron so i'm not gonna waste any more of my time and i'll just leave you to it
                    No I'm just a boxing fan posting my opinions. You're the clown that came in here calling people "PBC fan boys" and "idiots" because you didn't agree with their take on this. That clearly shows who the kid is. It also shows you're not intelligent enough to debate this topic so you throw out the usual childish terms.

Your screen name fits you because you're as dumb as a brick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      Question...what was the payday like? Wouldn't we need to know what this offer (that was apparently made last year) was before passing any judgement. For example, Usyk was paid handsomely by Hearn to fight Bellew, but now he apparently fights for Matchroom. Is that a coincidence or the result of contracts having "options" on them similar to the options Hearn has on Ruiz.

It really baffles me how much some of you insist on labeling certain fighters scared or whatever. Do you have nothing better to offer?
                      I do understand that contracts would have certain stipulations that won't make the money worth it.

But there is no bigger payday for Charlo out there. He already had to iffy's fights. If he really loses to a lower tier fighter his chances are gone.

Plus I am tired of waiting for the guy to step up already.

Comment

Working...
                      X