Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Charlo's Handlers Turned Down 'Very Lucrative Offer' For Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Dunn where you at?

I wanna know what the big dunn has to say about this? According to him Canelos been ducking shook of Charlo & ran to wbc to get him out of it.(despite the facts showing this makes zero sense)

Lets look at the facts:

•Charlo is with Haymon who is the one promoter that refuses to work with dlh when it involves his top fighters hes been building.

•Charlo was offered 7 mil to fight Andrade for 1 fight & Hearn made the numbers public because Charlo can only sue if Hearn lies about amount.

•Charlo has been fighting nothing but jmw featherfists with zero chance to beat him(& he arguably lost to old weeks notice Korobov).

•Charlo despite rehydrating to look like a dad fighting his teenage son, arguably lost to Trout who was already in tons of wars & completely shopworn since 22 y.o. Nelo beat a undefeated Trout & kd,bambi legged him & dominated him in a fight w open scoring where Trout was happy to survive.

•Charlo made tons of noise about wanting ggg/canelo at all cost,but as soon as he was made mandatory to ggg for a shot at Canelo he went silent as a mouse like when Jacobs shook him down. All that time he was barking loud,but when ggg was his mando he behaved & became respectful.

•last yr when Canelo was going to fight Kov Charlo was praising him & saying he can't hate on a true warrior doing what he wants to one day accomplish in jumping to lhw to take kovs strap. (Now it suddenly becomes clear as can be why Charlo yet again did a 180(because obviously DLH is telling the truth(& so far when it comes to offers & deals dlh has said he offered,he has yet to be proven a liar, just as when the same haters now discrediting Kovalev where once claiming DLH is all talk & not serious about nelo fighting kov at 175.)
    •FACT-since Charlo moved up to 160 Canelo has faced nothing but opponents considered much more prestigious(more dangerous, lucrative & or record setting) than Charlo,esp before he was gifted a belt.(even Fielding got him a belt at 168 & it was literally a showcase fight at msg, meanwhile Charlo had still not headlined a single fight & can't draw flies to sht unlike brits)

•(opinion based on facts)Jermall Charlo is a completely average elite fighter(B level) who acts like a hypejob thats scared of challenges. & stands lil chance against Canelo(as soon as Nelo schools him hed become" a bum that looked like sht recently & was only cherrypicked because of it"(same goes for Andrade,Saunders,Smith, Beterbieve,Bivol etc.,just as the haters are now suddenly backtracking from shtting on BJS as a next canelo opponent now that Dlh has come out saying that coppinger is fos as usual & BJS is not ashoeing for anything. So as usual suddenly the same few decrying Saunders a week ago are now saying other potential (multi champ/champ)opponents are cherrypicks
    Last edited by kushking; 01-22-2020, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Why would he??? Because then that sets the bar for others who already want wayyyy to much.

They offered Sergiy $5.5 million and he turned it down because he wanted more or it to go to purse bid for 35%.

So it was at least $5.5 million.

And Hearn even tried getting Charlo for 1 fight and offered a sht ton! And never heard back.

Notice how Charlo is silent unlike Saunders when GGG team made it seem like he turned down $7.5??? He said *** NK not even close! Then we found out it was $1.5 Lemuix money...
      You're stating a number, which means you know what Dervy was offered. You do not know what was offered to Charlo. Even saying it was "at least..." is just an assumption. Did Charlo have to sign to GBP? We do not know. We do not know if Oscar is telling the truth. Oscar barely hung on to his own (Canelo & Ryan) fighters! Like I said, the fact that he won't state a number, makes him suspect!

Comment

PBC playbook = Tell the world who's avoiding you and who you don't need to fight then fight easy and talk about only wanting big fights.

Wash, rinse and repeat....amiright?

Comment

If Charlo was so sure he’d win he would take whatever was offered and triple that in the rematch like Andy Ruiz did

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            You're stating a number, which means you know what Dervy was offered. You do not know what was offered to Charlo. Even saying it was "at least..." is just an assumption. Did Charlo have to sign to GBP? We do not know. We do not know if Oscar is telling the truth. Oscar barely hung on to his own (Canelo & Ryan) fighters! Like I said, the fact that he won't state a number, makes him suspect!
            Why should he state a number? Better yet why won’t Charlo order his handlers to restart negotiations?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Stand by for a ton of incoming shit from Haymon boot lickers about low ball offers, multi fight options, loyalty, and ... "Why can't Jermall fight Triple L?"

Edit: Why should Jermall fight Canelo when Canelo won't fight Andrade?

Forgot that one ...
              Ohhh man you beat me to it....

Can't wait to see how Henning, MCC and WBC spin this:

"Haymon has a plan"

"Why are DAZN trying to make fights with fighters from PBC when they can't even make fights between their own fighters"

"He didn't say how much it was, Charlo gets more back end money than that"

Comment

I’ve worked with all promoters, I really have,” De La Hoya said. “It is difficult, but it’s possible. I’ve worked with promoters. The one promoter I haven’t, or the one agent or whatever he is, PBC [run by Haymon]. It’s been difficult, but I don’t think – it’s hopefully not impossible."

How many have you sued in court? How many have you lost to in court?

Judge dismisses Golden Boy lawsuit against PBC creator Al Haymon

A federal judge on Thursday dismissed Golden Boy Promotions' $300 million lawsuit against Premier Boxing Champions creator Al Haymon and his various business en******, which alleged they repeatedly violated antitrust laws and the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act in an attempt to monopolize boxing.

The case never got to trial as U.S. District Judge John F. Walter of the Court of Central California granted Haymon's motion for summary judgment, ending the lawsuit that Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, once with close ties to Haymon before a bitter falling out, filed in May 2015.

"The court concludes that plaintiffs have failed to demonstrate that there is a genuine issue of material fact as to any of their federal claims for relief," Walter wrote in a 24-page ruling, a copy of which was obtained by ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ator-al-haymon

Oscar De La Hoya urges fans to boycott Mayweather-McGregor

"Oscar makes perfectly valid points in this post. Mayweather-McGregor is a farce. It is a circus. It is entirely about money, and nobody involved is pretending that it’s not. De La Hoya really has a groove going in this open letter, as he rallies us to defend the noble sport of boxing against ridiculous cash-out ideas that will not be competitive fights and will, in the end, be an insult to the paying public, who will drop upwards of $99.95 on pay-per-view for the event.

And here’s Oscar last December saying McGregor should fight Canelo Alvarez..."

https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/5/2...ather-mcgregor

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  Why should he state a number? Better yet why won’t Charlo order his handlers to restart negotiations?
                  He does not have to state a number. I just feel that he's suspect because he won't state a number. Hearn was very clear about what he offered Charlo to fight Andrade. Why can't Oscar do the same? I'm not calling Oscar a liar, I just feel he's suspect.

Comment

Smh haymon doesn't work with anyone. Other then sending no hopers haymon doesnt believe in making big fights

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Charlo is really in no position to turn down any offers. Shame that he’s almost 30 and still, not a single fight worth mentioning.

Comment

Working...
                      X