Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Charlo's Handlers Turned Down 'Very Lucrative Offer' For Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    1st off,Charlo is the one who should've admitted the offer all this time which CLEARLY happened,(if dlh was lying he would get sued by Haymon AGAIN). Charlo is the fraud whos been praising Canelo for fighting Kovalev while suddenly doing a 180 on all his barking last yr,while never mentioning he had turned down an offer(If Charlo was serious about fighting Nelo do you believe hed turn down an offer ANY offer? & then just let it go without making a huge amount of noise & no counter offers negotiating,etc.?)

And lastly I'm not a fan of fishnets(I've always said he was a gailord since he was a boxer) but it's obvious what he meant when he said "whoever's in charge of pbc,I sent pbc an offer" it's obvious hes taking a shot at pbc & saying what countless others have already (pbc fighters are being manipulated to their detriment by a secretive figure at the same time they are supposedly being managed by a network of secret funders) & Haymon is a shadow figure that doesn't deal with anyone directly( & ftr I'm the furthest thing from anti pbc/Haymon like many others on here are)
    If you send a "very lucrative offer" to someone, you know their name! Frank Warren doesn't have that problem. Loeffler didn't have a problem making GGG vs. Jacobs. Hearn knew how to get Ruiz. So there's no mystery. Oscar knows better than anyone! Oscar is very suspect on this and many other issues. Even Canelo said he was never told he would be stripped by the IBF. THAT'S HIS OWN FIGHTER!

Canelo: Unaware of deal that cost IBF title belt

Middleweight world champion Canelo Alvarez claimed on Friday that he was unaware of the deal his promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, made with the IBF that ultimately cost him one of his 160-pound title belts.

"I'm very upset and ashamed with my fans, to be unfairly stripped of my belt by the IBF, but specially when I did not have the knowledge of the agreement that GBP match maker had signed," Alvarez wrote Friday evening on social media...

Golden Boy and DiBella had been far apart on money. According to multiple sources with knowledge of the discussions, Golden Boy's last offer was $5.5 million to the Derevyanchenko side, which was seeking $7 million. Had the fight gone to a purse bid, Derevyanchenko would have been entitled to 35% of the winning bid.

Now Alvarez claims he had no idea that the deal Golden Boy and DiBella agreed to with the IBF would cost him his belt without there even being a purse bid. Golden Boy CEO Oscar De La Hoya lashed out at the IBF in a statement issued after Alvarez was stripped on Thursday, in which he threatened possible legal action, even though the IBF followed its rules.

De La Hoya did not respond to a request from ESPN for a comment on Alvarez's assertion that he was not informed of the deal with the IBF. However, a Golden Boy spokesman provided ESPN with a statement from the company, although it did not address Alvarez's comments.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ibf-title-belt

I stand by my statement: Oscar is suspect!

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      SERIOUSLY? 1st off, Devy gets fights because he is mandatory and NOT because anyone offers him big money. Whatever Devy is offered Charlo is offered significantly more. Frankly Charlo being offered more than Devy isn't even debatable he's 10 times the attraction.

The merits of Oscar's honesty is arguable but the money isn't, you don't need to be a math genius
      to know Charlo was offered more than Dervy.
      We do not know what the deal was. If you want to make assumptions, have at it. Oscar is suspect. Canelo himself has said so! See post #41.

Comment

charlo wants all the big fights and he wants them brought to him and laid at his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
          1st off,Charlo is the one who should've admitted the offer all this time which CLEARLY happened,(if dlh was lying he would get sued by Haymon AGAIN). Charlo is the fraud whos been praising Canelo for fighting Kovalev while suddenly doing a 180 on all his barking last yr,while never mentioning he had turned down an offer(If Charlo was serious about fighting Nelo do you believe hed turn down an offer ANY offer? & then just let it go without making a huge amount of noise & no counter offers negotiating,etc.?)

And lastly I'm not a fan of fishnets(I've always said he was a gailord since he was a boxer) but it's obvious what he meant when he said "whoever's in charge of pbc,I sent pbc an offer" it's obvious hes taking a shot at pbc & saying what countless others have already (pbc fighters are being manipulated to their detriment by a secretive figure at the same time they are supposedly being managed by a network of secret funders) & Haymon is a shadow figure that doesn't deal with anyone directly( & ftr I'm the furthest thing from anti pbc/Haymon like many others on here are)
          Honestly, that's how you know most of what he said is BS. The Charlos are their own promoters, they receive offers and run the by Al himself. This has been proven as fact by those who have worked the cross promotion deals with PBC fighters.

The presumption of an agenda on the part of those making statements like your is founded upon your insistence on filling in the blanks with and making assumptions that support your a negative outlook on Charlo. If the primary weight behind your position is filled with assumptions, you probably have an agenda and don't realize it.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            No I'm defending what should be obvious. You have a personal dislike towards PBC for whatever reason and it's obvious. Oscar claims he made an offer to Charlo a year ago but he's just now talking about it?
            Oscar didn't say he made the offer a year ago. He said last year, and last year was only a month ago.

Comment

No I'm defending what should be obvious. You have a personal dislike towards PBC for whatever reason and it's obvious. Oscar claims he made an offer to Charlo a year ago but he's just now talking about it? Doesn't say what the offer was? If an offer was made it would have been news. Canelo gave up two belts but twice to avoid his Mandatory. That tells me all I need to know about that.

As far as the Wilder situation, this is what you said.

You clearly got on the rumor bandwagon and ran with that as if it was a fact and yes they obviously were lying LOL
              I don't have a personal dislike for PBC, I don't make threads about them nor do I get into the talk about their viewership numbers. I absolutely can't stand the double standards of vocal posters like MCC and that WBC guy. Again why is it obvious? I just think its funny that guys like you think you are the voice of reason.... to you its very obvious that Charlo would never reject a fight with Canelo but why is that? What has Charlo done to show that he and his team are interested in making the best fights available????

If PBC make a good fight I will watch just like everyone else, I don't like or understand their handling of guys like Charlo though.... he is honestly wasting his prime years away with his team turning down offers. If Oscar is lying then let Charlo or someone from his team come out and reveal what was offered and why it was rejected then. Will they do that? I doubt it.

Oh so all those guys are lying about Wilder being knocked out? Well if you don't believe them then no problem, I actually do cause I don't see why they would lie as stuff happens in sparring. Other HWs have been laid out in sparring, AJ got cold ****ed by Price. The only reason why this particular story keeps getting brought up is because of Wilder's terrible resume and his team not attempting to make a fight with Wlad even when he won the WBC belt.
              Last edited by NaijaD; 01-22-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Oscar didn't say he made the offer a year ago. He said last year, and last year was only a month ago.
                That's true. But it also could have been 11 months ago. Nobody knows because he's being vague, offering no details, and probably lying.

Comment

Charlo won't fight Andrade.

Charlo won't fight Canelo.

It's becoming increasingly clear that he is content fighting easy fights for $2 million a pop (or whatever he is currently being paid.)

Why risk losing when you can just keep beating soft opponents?

This is terrible for the sport.

Lions Only? Naw. More like Purses Only.

Comment

That's true. But it also could have been 11 months ago. Nobody knows because he's being vague, offering no details, and probably lying.
                    charlo needs to sue oscar for defamation. it worked for pac and tulsi gabbard is doing it against hillary clinton. lets go!

Comment

That’s the Haymon way fight only bums waste you’re prime years away and then when you’re no longer in you’re prime cash you out.

Pbc is a joke

Comment

Working...
                      X