No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    More childishness. The fight is going to be on PPV because it generates the most revenue. It will likely be a fox/sky joint PPV presentation or a fox/dazn joint PPV.

Your response to the teasing of AJ losing and the insecurities the loss exposed is making you all act unbelievably small and immature.
    Lol tease away, while you defend ducking it will be mentioned. And it doesn't get much worse than boxing fans defending blatant duckers.

I remember when finkel talked like you are here, it needs to be on ppv, maximise the profits bla bla. Which is nice but they ain't making any offers. As soon as finkel said what he said he then talked about filling wilders calendar with in-house fights.

So it can't go on DAZN so the offers need to come from the PBC and that just isnt happening. Truth is they can't afford to guarantee Joshua or wilder what DAZN would and they wont let it go to DAZN so they are just avoiding any attempts or talk of that fight getting made. That is a duck. A straight up duck and I'm calling them on it and your defending them doing it and also are guilty of trying to shift the blame on to Joshua when you know damn well it's wilders people that have evaded this fight all along.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      Lol tease away, while you defend ducking it will be mentioned. And it doesn't get much worse than boxing fans defending blatant duckers.

I remember when finkel talked like you are here, it needs to be on ppv, maximise the profits bla bla. Which is nice but they ain't making any offers. As soon as finkel said what he said he then talked about filling wilders calendar with in-house fights.

So it can't go on DAZN so the offers need to come from the PBC and that just isnt happening. Truth is they can't afford to guarantee Joshua or wilder what DAZN would and they wont let it go to DAZN so they are just avoiding any attempts or talk of that fight getting made. That is a duck. A straight up duck and I'm calling them on it and your defending them doing it and also are guilty of trying to shift the blame on to Joshua when you know damn well it's wilders people that have evaded this fight all along.
      Calling it ducking means just like Robbie you’d rather frame it in a childish way rather than a rational boxing fan way.

If calling wilder a duck makes you feel better go right ahead.

We can see in their upcoming competition who is ducking whom. Only one of them is fighting top 5 opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Calling it ducking means just like Robbie you’d rather frame it in a childish way rather than a rational boxing fan way.

If calling wilder a duck makes you feel better go right ahead.

We can see in their upcoming competition who is ducking whom. Only one of them is fighting top 5 opponents.
        4 of Joshua's last 6 opponents have been ranked top 5. Do you always talk utter shite?

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
          AJ used to be seen as the best of the best at HW, and he was set to make more money for himself than TMT. A real bogeyman.

Now, one year and one reality check later and he’s been completely dismantled by a part-time boxer / construction worker with heavy hands and a big beer belly. He just recently won a very jittery rematch on points in which he fought terrified against said construction worker who did not even train at all — unless you count throwing back a couple dozen six-packs and taking several plates per meal of various sushi, tacos, and other delicious foods.

This leaves me wondering who osf the current crop Joshua can beat. His rematch win against Ruiz does not tell us much.

How do you think Joshua fares in these hypothetical matchups?

Joshua v. Fury

Joshua v. Wilder

Joshua v. Usyk

Joshua v. Pulev

Joshua v. Hunter

Joshua v. Dubois

Joshua v. Whyte (rematch)

Joshua v. Parker (rematch)
          - -Do tell us much with U faerie tales.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            - -Do tell us much with U faerie tales.
            With all respect, I’m not sure what you mean.

AJ seems like a great guy, but he was exposed against Ruiz in the first fight. He looked great in the rematch, but he was fighting a guy who didn’t even train.

Wilder and even Fury are ranked much higher than AJ in my opinion at this time. AJ has a better resume, but I’m simply talking about where they all are AT THIS MOMENT, regarding physical skill level and mental fitness.

It is possible, according to an interview AJ did with Bunce, that a serious medical condition caused AJ severe fatigue and required surgery. This was not adequately explained, but seemed to imply some kind of heart condition to me.

If this was the case, and AJ blows everyone away they put in front of him, I will readily and happily admit on this forum that I was wrong about AJ.

But until that becomes clear, AJ is looking a bit like a guy who was lucky for most of his career and had great matchmaking. But I’m not sure he is as good as we were led to believe, or if he will ever be mentally where people like Wilder, Fury, or Mayweather are. He just doesn’t seem to have the same level of mental toughness and self-belief.

Let me know what you think. I enjoy a good boxing debate and as far as I’m concerned, it’s all meant in a friendly manner.

Comment

AJ used to be seen as the best of the best at HW, and he was set to make more money for himself than TMT. A real bogeyman.

Now, one year and one reality check later and he’s been completely dismantled by a part-time boxer / construction worker with heavy hands and a big beer belly. He just recently won a very jittery rematch on points in which he fought terrified against said construction worker who did not even train at all — unless you count throwing back a couple dozen six-packs and taking several plates per meal of various sushi, tacos, and other delicious foods.

This leaves me wondering who of the current crop Joshua can beat. His rematch win against Ruiz does not tell us much.

How do you think Joshua fares in these hypothetical matchups?

Joshua v. Fury

Joshua v. Wilder

Joshua v. Usyk

Joshua v. Pulev

Joshua v. Hunter

Joshua v. Dubois

Joshua v. Whyte (rematch)

Joshua v. Parker (rematch)
              Good post bud!

Fury:

The thing about Fury that I really like is he always figures out the right thing to say to make me want to believe in him. That said, I hope he does bring some classic KO boxing into his already respectable repertoire. If he does I think Joshua would get slept. If he can KO Wilder or a similar situation like Ortiz I takes place takes place between Deontay and Tyson then I'd say Tyson Fury KO's Joshua all day long because he already knows Joshua's defense better than Joshua and if uses that against Josh to hunt for a KO I do not think Joshua or McCracken will know how to handle that.

If no noticeable improvement to his aggressive game then I reckon Fury beats Joshua by a clear UD and pretty handedly. Like I said, Fury knows Joshua's best defensive measures better than Joshua. He's got a far more advanced posture and position game and Josh is still weak in the posture/position game so Fury should have little trouble setting traps and making him pay.

Wilder:

Wilder knocks Joshua out. Again, posture/position being his bread and better while Joshua focuses on things like distance and combinations. Wilder walks right through him.

Usyk:

Joshua knocks Usyk out. Usyk's greatest strength gets turned on its head by Joshua, his output is both his only means of victory and his biggest weakness. At any point Josh might exchange with Usyk and in those exchanges I do not see Usyk getting out undamaged while I do believe Joshua would be rather hard for Usyk to do any more than surprise and stun.

Pulev:

Depends on how game Kubrat is. He could actually give Joshua a bit more of a fight than many seem to expect, but then again I myself don't expect him to. He's probably just gonna collect his check and roll over. If there's a serious fight I expect Kubrat to actually have the better angles. Pulev likes to present himself squarely then shoot a punch while taking an angled posture....he's trickier than a lot of people give credit to. Either way Joshua probably KO's in a round or two. Just figures out Kubrat's one trick and either dismantles him at distance or moves in with a combo and ends him.

Hunter:

Dunno, need to watch more Hunter. He doesn't look all that great to me to be honest but then again I'm not big on Pov myself. I did see that fight, it was okay I guess, I think Joshua could have beaten Pov earlier and I think if he fought a guy about Pov's level again he would.

Dubois:

Be kinda like Frank Bruno vs Lennox Lewis. I think Joshua by KO but give Daniel some time. He might get better movement and fight more loos eventually.

Whyte:

I think Joshua carries him to make him look better then when Whyte inevitably takes advantage of that Joshua will end him before he gets out of hand. Whyte's got nothing for the current form of AJ.

Parker:

I don't know why Parker gets counted as anything but an embarrassing WBO claimant. Parker might get a UD but that's only because AJ is a nice guy and Joe is a nice guy so they kind of just put on a bit of rough sparring rather than a fight.

Ortiz:

Be a damn interesting fight because Ortiz is another well versed in the manipulation of posture and positioning. He's coming at you with a mirrored stance and his straight lefts are powerful. Joshua takes it easy at first, keeps the distance if he can and studies how Ortiz goes about his attack. Once Joshua learns the mans cues he opens up with the combos here and there, short ones, 2 or 3 punches, and gets himself a UD or maybe SD depending on how good Ortiz actually is.

Kownacki:

Joshua can control Adam I think, but, I'm not so sure he can KO Adam. Ruiz II repeat.

Kabayel:

Joshua by KO, steam rolls the bum

Hrgovic:

Another Joshua KO, easy work.

Chisora:

Might see round five, maybe, but anymore than that and it'd be an off night for Josh.

Washington:

I think Joshua takes him out very quickly. So's he can even the Breazeale comparative.

Zhang:

Another one Joshua should have no problem brutalizing in early rounds and ending it quickly.

Fa:

Could be surprisingly good, I suspect he's got quite the chin and he seems in good shape. I think he could do quite well but I still reckon Joshua by UD maybe SD if Fa's surprisingly fast or fluid.

Romanov:

I'm not sold on the amatuer hype, to be honest. I'd like to see him against Yoka and if he does well then Wilder rather than Joshua, but, a Joshua fight would be just fine as I do not believe the big Russian is all that dangerous. I think a late rounds stoppage for Joshua.

Yoka:

Soon as Joshua wants to KO him I reckon he gets KTFO. Too classic an amateur style that Yoka, he'd remind Joshua of the guys Josh grew up on.

I believe that's the entire top ten plus most notable present up comers. I've got to be wrong about at least some of the new guys and really I should watch more of them, but, none of them really inspire much in me. I can't see them beating any of the three currents so I don't watch them but like annually at best.

That said, Joshua's a great fighter, he's just not the power punching give no ****s badass that Wilder is or the inspiring folk hero Fury is.

At the end of the day, I think Walcott is a nightmare for Joshua. Even his size would be made a disadvantage by the great Jersey Joe. The closest men to Walcott I give favoritism to, as you stray for Joe-ishness your stray, imo, from you probabilities in beating AJ.

Joe Walcott is Joshua's worst nightmare because for how good Wilder and Fury are at posture neither one of them hold a candle to Joe's game. He has the biggest bag of tricks the HW division has ever seen pulled off at a high level.

I'd agree all-in-all Ali is better than Walcott, but, not because Ali is a master of more tricks, but rather because Ali mastered most of Jersey's tricks while being fantastically fast and having lightning reflexes. Joe still has more depth in his bag.

Louis was efficiency, a master of time and space. Charles was traits, his speed, his quick thinking, his reflexes and his toughness, his natural traits like RJJ were the secret behind him. Joe Walcott was all chess, all mind. Joshua's a dumb puppet really and McCracken needs months to rewrite a script.

I think Wilder and Fury think more in the ring, notice what the other guy is doing a little better and form plans with the corners a little more successfully. It all boils down to that posture and position game. It is the core of boxing really.

Comment

Beats all these bums except Wilder, Dubois (once he's proved himself against serious contenders) and Fury. AJ hasn't been impressive since 2017.

Comment

With all respect, I’m not sure what you mean.

AJ seems like a great guy, but he was exposed against Ruiz in the first fight. He looked great in the rematch, but he was fighting a guy who didn’t even train.

Wilder and even Fury are ranked much higher than AJ in my opinion at this time. AJ has a better resume, but I’m simply talking about where they all are AT THIS MOMENT, regarding physical skill level and mental fitness.

It is possible, according to an interview AJ did with Bunce, that a serious medical condition caused AJ severe fatigue and required surgery. This was not adequately explained, but seemed to imply some kind of heart condition to me.

If this was the case, and AJ blows everyone away they put in front of him, I will readily and happily admit on this forum that I was wrong about AJ.

But until that becomes clear, AJ is looking a bit like a guy who was lucky for most of his career and had great matchmaking. But I’m not sure he is as good as we were led to believe, or if he will ever be mentally where people like Wilder, Fury, or Mayweather are. He just doesn’t seem to have the same level of mental toughness and self-belief.

Let me know what you think. I enjoy a good boxing debate and as far as I’m concerned, it’s all meant in a friendly manner.
                  - -No Debate.

FACT-----Fury/Deyonce turned down big $ to stink up each other for Milk Duds.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeBowe1992 View Post
                    Beats all these bums except Wilder, Dubois (once he's proved himself against serious contenders) and Fury. AJ hasn't been impressive since 2017.
                    - -Big Dummy impersonator!

...priceless!!!

Comment

Fury most likely outpoints him and wins a wide UD.
                      Vs Wilder is pretty much 50/50. Whoever lands first.
                      Pulev should be another day at the office.
                      Beats Parker (again), Whyte (again) and Hunter but they wouldnt be easy fights.
                      I'd have him 60/40 favourite over Dubois and Usyk.

Comment

Working...
                      X