No announcement yet.

Analysing all GGG's world titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    but is it not your theory that four other boxers ran the p4p wonderkid as close as too? So are they nearly ATGs too? ANgulo and co.
    Angulo?

Trout and Lara. Felt that Lara deserved the draw though if I really had to pick I would probably hacve edged it to Canelo. Trout gave him a tough fight but I personally gave it to Canelo by a round and the KD... others have it closer.

And whilst I didn't say anything about GGG being an ATG (I just said he wasn't too shabby) I also hold Erislandy in very high regard, and he fought a significantly younger and less experienced Canelo than GGG whilst being closer to prime himself. In fact I actually give Canelo a huge amount of credit for choosing to make that fight given the threat Lara represented.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      i agree with the first part....

but youve got to admit...golovkin "fans" cant admit he lost....they are in denial and make excuses...which is why they get the crap they get.....do remember how they were running around calling canelo a chicken and all that for a couple of years and saying that golovkin would end his career by savagely ko'ing him.....after the first fight they said the same thing would happen if canelo had the balls to stand with golovkin....and he did...and golovkin asked for it too...then they still whined and made excuses....they are still in denial.....theyve earned their repuatiation for being cry babies who can never admit fault in their "god'...
      This is what you goons are always trying to do .. rewrite history.

The hatred you have for GGG and his fans has nothing to do with those fans complaining about the results of the Canelo fights. It started long before that with Mayweather fans condemning HBO for (allegedly) excluding black American boxers and trying to replace them with white Eastern European "hype jobs" like GGG and Kovalev, to appeal to racist white fans.

From then on, everything GGG did or didn't do was condemned by you biased fuckers, and every positive thing his fans had to say about him was attacked and ridiculed.

It got worse after Ward started using GGG to raise his profile for his comeback, and worse still when the Canelo fanboys turned on GGG after their hero tried to force a catchweight on Golovkin for a mandatory defense, then gave up his WBC belt when GGG refused to play ball.

Canelo deserved every bit of criticism he got for his lies and broken promises during that farce, and that criticism was coming as much from genuine, unbiased Mexican fans as from anywhere else.
      Last edited by kafkod; 01-19-2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        This is what you goons are always trying to do .. rewrite history.

The hatred you have for GGG and his fans has nothing to do with those fans complaining about the results of the Canelo fights. It started long before that with Mayweather fans condemning HBO for (allegedly) excluding black American boxers and trying to replace them with white Eastern European "hype jobs" like GGG and Kovalev, to appeal to racist white fans.

From then on, everything GGG did or didn't do was condemned by you biased fuckers, and every positive thing his fans had to say about him was attacked and ridiculed.

It got worse after Ward started using GGG to raise his profile for his comeback, and worse still when the Canelo fanboys turned on GGG after their hero tried to force a catchweight on Golovkin for a mandatory defense, then gave up his WBC belt when GGG refused to play ball.

Canelo deserved every bit of criticism he got for his lies and broken promises during that farce, and that criticism was coming as much from genuine, unbiased Mexican fans as from anywhere else.
        this is what i call "exhibit A"...

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          I would have liked to have seen what Golovkin could have achieved if he'd taken the fights he avoided

he slow-tracked himself with his poor opponent selection

if Golovkin was anything close to what you guys thought, we would not be discussing this

I remember exactly what you guys said before those fights happened

Canelo was shaking in his boots, because he knew that Golovkin would KHTFO... and NOBODY gave Canelo a snowballs chance in hell of winning

all fans are realizing is, Golovkin was not as good as advertised
          I remember what BJS said before those fights happened. Which was that Canelo had done exactly the same thing as he did ... waited till GGG was over 35 and starting to slow down before agreeing to fight him.

BJS is an oaf, but at least he's an honest one.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Well I ain't sure who 'you guys' is, cos I only speak for myself, but for sure Canelo's better than I gave him credit for, and I already thought he was pretty damn good. And I think you'll be struggling to find anywhere where I said Canelo would be shaking in his boots, so maybe you can save that ish for someone who's into that kinda banter.

As to Golovkin not being as good as 'advertised', well I dunno - does your aftershave actually have naked chicks throwing themselves at your feet?

If you mean people overestimated how good he was then I'm sure some did. Some - like me of course - probably got it about right. Others underestimated him too I reckon, but the sad truth is we'll never know for sure how good he could have been cos we never saw him in the fights that would really test him till he was already past his best. Whether there were fights he avoided that you'd have expected other fighters in the same circumstances to take is of course a matter of your personal opinion. Far as I'm aware they're ain't an agreed set of rules for judging these kinds of things.

What we can say is that he ran the new P4P wunderkind about as close as you can, even past his best so even if he ain't some ATG he ain't that shabby either.

To be honest whilst GGG will probably remain one of my favourite fighters it will always be the up and comers with everything in front of them that I get the most pleasure from following, rather than guys who already got one foot out the door, so I ain't really terribly bothered any more.

there is, common-sense... and there is, knowledge/understanding how this game works

TIP: when every single fighter from 140-160 would cut off one of his fingers for a particular fight, and yet Golovkin decides to walk the other way... it is pretty clear whats up

almost all of the fights that should have happened, but did not... involve an opponent who fought EVERYONE else

when fights do not happen, and the same fighter is consistently the common-denominator... it is clearly obvious whats up

every single fighter EVER, with NO exception... is 100% responsible, therefore 100% accountable... for his own resume

any other conclusion is just fanboy nonsense

all I see are lame excuses when most of you Golovkin fans post

for some reason, Golovkin has been given a lifetime free pass by most of his fanbase

it is always possible to blurt out reasons why a particular fight did not happen, and nobody has done that more than Golovkin... when the fact is that Golovkin could have simply taken the fights he avoided... because others did, and because Golovkin always selected somebody worse... then the excuses need to stop, and that situation has been occurring for years

all I am saying is, hold a grown man accountable for his own decisions... citing a potential reason, that could simply be ignored to make way for a fight against a BETTER opponent... is blatant excuse-making

Golovkin could have simply taken those fights, dunno why his fans need to blurt out silly excuses

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              sure,i have no problem with the claim that GGG is proven world tite class, after all he took titles, one vacant one very precariously mind you and against a 14 fight man.

if you can win a title you are proven title class, solid world level.

but elite? atg? no, because the other thousand people who make 2 defences and then cant hold onto their title after that are not elite or atg either.

he is clearly a very good, genuine world-class fighter... nobody can question that

but, and this is the very nicest way that I can put it... he has been VERY "well-managed"... and his opponent selection has been downright timid

the bottom-line is... greatness is ONLY measured by results

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                I remember what BJS said before those fights happened. Which was that Canelo had done exactly the same thing as he did ... waited till GGG was over 35 and starting to slow down before agreeing to fight him.

BJS is an oaf, but at least he's an honest one.

the very second that Saunders said he would be available in June, there was no other fight to make..... that was an complete and OBVIOUS no-brainer

Munguia Spike and Vanes..... should never have been mentioned

Saunders was running around with Golovkin's " dream "..... calling him Pvssy-Borat..... and presenting Golovkin with pens at his presser, to replace the ones he kept losing

that was a absolute 100% duck

and do not reply blurting out completely unnecessary dopey excuses... Canelo would have taken that fight if the roles were reversed to become undisputed at middleweight... and you know it

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  there is, common-sense... and there is, knowledge/understanding how this game works

TIP: when every single fighter from 140-160 would cut off one of his fingers for a particular fight, and yet Golovkin decides to walk the other way... it is pretty clear whats up

almost all of the fights that should have happened, but did not... involve an opponent who fought EVERYONE else

when fights do not happen, and the same fighter is consistently the common-denominator... it is clearly obvious whats up

every single fighter EVER, with NO exception... is 100% responsible, therefore 100% accountable... for his own resume

any other conclusion is just fanboy nonsense

all I see are lame excuses when most of you Golovkin fans post

for some reason, Golovkin has been given a lifetime free pass by most of his fanbase

it is always possible to blurt out reasons why a particular fight did not happen, and nobody has done that more than Golovkin... when the fact is that Golovkin could have simply taken the fights he avoided... because others did, and because Golovkin always selected somebody worse... then the excuses need to stop, and that situation has been occurring for years

all I am saying is, hold a grown man accountable for his own decisions... citing a potential reason, that could simply be ignored to make way for a fight against a BETTER opponent... is blatant excuse-making

Golovkin could have simply taken those fights, dunno why his fans need to blurt out silly excuses
                  Sure, man. If crapping on fighters is what you enjoy doing you can do it 100% to every fighter, ever, although doing it to the same fighter almost exclusively for years kinda reeks of obsession.

If you can't recognise that boxing isn't a level playing field when it comes to opportunity nothing I can say gonna change your mind. For every dude a guy fights there's always a dozen he didn't, specially if you're extending into neighbouring divisions and very few fighters in history have had the luxury of being able to choose who they fight and when.

But that ain't the way I roll, for Golovkin or anyone else. Enjoy the fights they have, and their successes, and just accept that inevitably not all the fights you want to see happen. Why they don't happen is always gonna be speculative anyway, no matter how strident some folk are in their opinions.

And as for 'excuses' FWIW I've been more critical of Golovkin for his opponent selection in the last few years than I have for any other fighter - even though there's many, many others I could point the finger at if that was my inclination. Make of that what you will.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-20-2020, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Sure, man. If crapping on fighters is what you enjoy doing you can do it 100% to every fighter, ever, although doing it to the same fighter almost exclusively for years kinda reeks of obsession.

If you can't recognise that boxing isn't a level playing field when it comes to opportunity nothing I can say gonna change your mind. For every dude a guy fights there's always a dozen he didn't, specially if you're extending into neighbouring divisions and very few fighters in history have had the luxury of being able to choose who they fight and when.

But that ain't the way I roll, for Golovkin or anyone else. Enjoy the fights they have, and their successes, and just accept that inevitably not all the fights you want to see happen. Why they don't happen is always gonna be speculative anyway, no matter how strident some folk are in their opinions.

And as for 'excuses' FWIW I've been more critical of Golovkin for his opponent selection in the last few years than I have for any other fighter - even though there's many, many others I could point the finger at if that was my inclination. Make of that what you will.

I remember all that talk before Canelo fought Golovkin

I remember EVERYTHING

it appears that you have found a clue, realized that I was right all along... and are attempting to distance yourself from the far left golov-nutters... not distancing yourself too far mind you, and not revoking his lifetime free pass... just distancing yourself a little

just saying

I remember everything, you made made a shltload of excuses for Golovkin buddy

I still have that 309 page thread bookmarked, and others... so don't make me do it

all I am saying is this...

hold a grown man responsible for HIS OWN decisions... stop making silly excuses
                    Last edited by aboutfkntime; 01-20-2020, 06:24 AM.

Comment

They don't come any more biased and hypocritical than that dickhead.

I remember how he slaughtered Golovkin and went to town, insulting and gloating at his fans, after GGG was stripped of the IBF title for refusing to fight his mando, Derevyanchenko.

Fast forward a year and Canelo got stripped of the same title for exactly the same reason!

His response was to dig up all the shit he'd posted about GGG and post it all over again.

Then when GGG fought and beat Derevyanchenko - one of the "boogeymen" he had supposedly run away from - the only thing he had to say about it was that going life and death with Derevyanchenko - at 36 years old - proved that GGG had been nothing but a hype job, and his fans a bunch of deluded morons, all along.

Personally I think Derevyanchenko, with his stocky, powerful build, iron chin and excellent in fighting skills, would have given Canelo as close a run for his money as he gave GGG, which is why Canelo didn't want to face him.

Comment

Working...
                      X