Collapse
No announcement yet.

Analysing all GGG's world titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG is a true elite talent, but there's a lot of revisionism involved with his legacy. People act like he's been a dominant force throughout his career when in reality he was a complete afterthought for much of it. When he first won his title, he was one of three champs under the WBA and even after notching up a few defenses under his belt, much of the little publicity he received was sparring a then teenage Canelo. His weak resume is often explained away with claims that he's the most feared man in boxing when in reality it was the largely the result of his signing with second rate promoters that didn't have much network pull, and almost as soon as HBO began hyping him and other fighters took notice and called him out, his trainer shot back by saying they'll pick and choose fighters as they please and don't give a damn about what the public or press thinks about it. In addition, he was hyped as one of the most devastating punchers in boxing when the closest thing to an elite fighter he's knocked out is Lemieux, who's more of a B level titlist. Incidentally, Lemieux was the first reigning champ he faced at age 33.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      The same 14 fight guy Canelo gave up a world title to avoid.
      ah canelo who soundly beat the guy who beat him.

i tihnk you are getting me wrong, i am praising golovkin for beating the 14 fight guy who was beaten by the guy Canelo soundly beat.

Comment

No need to hate on Golovkin, hes won three titles in the ring nwo -

IBO (minor one)
        IBF (Lemeiux beatdown)
        the last one by controversy.
        Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-19-2020, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Must suck knowing noones genuinely ever beat golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
            Must suck knowing noones genuinely ever beat golovkin.
            hark I hear the oft repeated old "never genuinely beat him" excuse for East Bloc fighters failings when not fighting someone safe.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
              Well, this shows what the fück you know - the same with that idiot aboutfknboys.
              At least the latter knows that there were a cw in place for the GGG . Rosado fight. But now he pretends he doesn't know.

https://www.boxingscene.com/gennady-...-weight--60829

I hope you don't support Canelo while saying that GGG never wanted to take less money, because then you'd be the biggest hypocrite.

This also applies to your timing issue.

hey, ret4rd... why did Mr " anyone from 154-168 " totally refuse to negotiate on weight with SUPERSTARS... but had no problem negotiating on weight with NO-HOPERS ?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                ah canelo who soundly beat the guy who beat him.

i tihnk you are getting me wrong, i am praising golovkin for beating the 14 fight guy who was beaten by the guy Canelo soundly beat.
                "soundly"

115-113
                115-113
                116-112
                Rehydration Clause

"soundly"

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  hey, ret4rd... why did Mr " anyone from 154-168 " totally refuse to negotiate on weight with SUPERSTARS... but had no problem negotiating on weight with NO-HOPERS ?
                  Because the so-called superstars were not willing to negotiate on weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
                    GGG is a true elite talent, but there's a lot of revisionism involved with his legacy. People act like he's been a dominant force throughout his career when in reality he was a complete afterthought for much of it. When he first won his title, he was one of three champs under the WBA and even after notching up a few defenses under his belt, much of the little publicity he received was sparring a then teenage Canelo. His weak resume is often explained away with claims that he's the most feared man in boxing when in reality it was the largely the result of his signing with second rate promoters that didn't have much network pull, and almost as soon as HBO began hyping him and other fighters took notice and called him out, his trainer shot back by saying they'll pick and choose fighters as they please and don't give a damn about what the public or press thinks about it. In addition, he was hyped as one of the most devastating punchers in boxing when the closest thing to an elite fighter he's knocked out is Lemieux, who's more of a B level titlist. Incidentally, Lemieux was the first reigning champ he faced at age 33.

you told the truth

HOW DARE YOU !!

the casuals will not be happy about that

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                      Because the so-called superstars were not willing to negotiate on weight.

you are full of shlt you moron

that is why most fans have turned on Golovkin

because his garbage fans supported his garbage lies

Comment

Working...
                      X