No announcement yet.

To you clowns that pretend GGG was robbed in fight 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emceetns View Post
    I believe that September, 2015 or May would have been the ideal time for the first Canelo-GGG fight. Canelo had just beaten Miguel Cotto in May of that year in a showdown for middleweight supremacy (I know, I know, it was at 155 but still) and Golovkin had established himself as the clear #1 threat (GGG also demolished David Lemieux in a unification bout a month later so he was still in prime form). I would have loved to see Canelo-GGG for Mexican Independence Day that year instead of watching Canelo knock James Kirkland's head off in a mismatch.

The next best alternative would have been Cinco De Mayo 2016 with GGG a year younger (34 instead of 35) and Canelo having already established himself at 160.
    True, but Canelo had 1 fight at MW by that point. Not a big deal that he had a whole SECOND fight at MW against a CAREER MW who chose to turn pro at 28 years old and move to USA at 32 years old. Needed to build confidence against euro can drivers.

And, again, MW is 155-160 and Canelo win MW title at 155. The fight was OFFERED AT 155, but Borat demanded to the fight at 160. It was a joke lol

Mr. I only fight for belts...ducking Andrade, ducking Charlo, ducking Dervenchenko...lost to Dervenchenko, ducking Jacobs rematch, and begging for a rematch after Canelo beat him up in a competitive rematch fight

Comment

• I LOVED hearing GGG get BOO'd when he RAN crying out the ring!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
        GGG Lost, kept head hunting like an idiot when he should have been HAMMERING the body for at least the first 5 rounds.

Canelo looked much better in that fight (and IMO he was clean their).

Who is really fughin clean anyway ?
        But yeah , imo he won clearly

Comment

• Canelo fans and unbiased fans!

"Both fights were close and could of went either way" "I can see a draw or 7-5 either way"

GGG RTARDED Fans

"GGG was ROBBED" "GGG WON at least by 14 rounds both times!" "Sht just look who landed more" That's at LEAST 10-8 or 11-7 rounds right there alone"

GGG was ROBBED!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
            Agreed. No interest in 3rd fight. All was discovered within 2 classic wars. The fight should have happened 2 years, even 3 years earlier but The aging slower Champ had something left to beat the prime young challenger as the vast majority agreed. The rematch proved that the young buck had the b@lls to take it to the champ but didn't do enough to get a clear victory. Results have been tainted by performance enhancing drugs, but the old guy can hang his hat and know he was legit. Time has passed. It's done.
            I can agree with that
            To late to old

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
              Canelo beat Cotto in Nov 2015 while GGG fought Lemieux in Oct.
              Yes, I should have checked the timeline before posting. In that case, May, 2016 would have been the ideal time. We didn't need to see GGG destroy Dominic Wade while Canelo nearly decapitated Amir Khan. They should have fought each other instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Quick question. What name did I call you?
                Quick question why did you ALWAYS say Canelo was bigger than GGG???

You used to say Canelo was like 190 lbs and 6' 5" or some sht and GGG was some TINY MW... Your just a LIAR. Admit it

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                  That version of Derevychenko would likely give Canelo hell too lol...honestly SD is a terrible matchup for Canelo in the sense that SD is basically as active as GGG, and SD would seemingly just outwork Canelo in a lot of rounds.

Why are we acting like that version of Kov was a tougher fight than that version of SD? We aren't casuals here, we all know what each of those guys has right now lol
                  I would disagree , no way SD gives Canelo fits
                  Canelo would bang that body and get him out of there , probably early imo
                  Why the mention of Kovalev

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                  Canelo was best case tied 4-4 through 8...and lost 9 10 and 11...I always have it 4-4 or 5-3 GGG through 8...and GGG won 3 of the last 4 easily...sorry but anyone saying Canelo won the 2nd one, I just have never seen it.
                  I clearly saw Canelo win that second fight
                  Without doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
                    True, but Canelo had 1 fight at MW by that point. Not a big deal that he had a whole SECOND fight at MW against a CAREER MW who chose to turn pro at 28 years old and move to USA at 32 years old. Needed to build confidence against euro can drivers.

And, again, MW is 155-160 and Canelo win MW title at 155. The fight was OFFERED AT 155, but Borat demanded to the fight at 160. It was a joke lol

Mr. I only fight for belts...ducking Andrade, ducking Charlo, ducking Dervenchenko...lost to Dervenchenko, ducking Jacobs rematch, and begging for a rematch after Canelo beat him up in a competitive rematch fight
                    Those are fair points. I will add that 155 was understandable for Canelo-Cotto because Cotto was never a full-sized middleweight. I think we can all agree, however, that Canelo could have just as easily made the Golovkin fight happen at the full middleweight limit. It's not like he is a small guy, especially since he has gone on to compete and win all the way up at 175. Either way, the fight happened how and when it did and it's in the history books.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                      I had him as the best guy at MW no later than 2014. Once Martinez was out of the picture, there was no kingpin like there was when Sergio was on his run but I felt Golovkin became the unofficial "man" at 160 once Martinez officially lost to Cotto. Unfortunately, I think the last prime year for Golovkin was 2015. I started noticing something in 2016 and he hasn't looked the same since. He's still good enough to compete at his age, but he isn't what he once physically was.
                      2015 is when he proved he had a claim to be the number 1 in his division,leaving time for him to get beat by the next top contender he faced.

Comment

Working...
                      X