No announcement yet.

To you clowns that pretend GGG was robbed in fight 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emceetns View Post
    I believe that September, 2015 or May would have been the ideal time for the first Canelo-GGG fight. Canelo had just beaten Miguel Cotto in May of that year in a showdown for middleweight supremacy (I know, I know, it was at 155 but still) and Golovkin had established himself as the clear #1 threat (GGG also demolished David Lemieux in a unification bout a month later so he was still in prime form). I would have loved to see Canelo-GGG for Mexican Independence Day that year instead of watching Canelo knock James Kirkland's head off in a mismatch.

The next best alternative would have been Cinco De Mayo 2016 with GGG a year younger (34 instead of 35) and Canelo having already established himself at 160.
    Canelo beat Cotto in Nov 2015 while GGG fought Lemieux in Oct.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      Canelo beat Cotto in Nov 2015 while GGG fought Lemieux in Oct.
      this. Lemieux was the first titlist GGG had fought and beat, so thats his first recogniseable claim to being number 1 in his division.

Before that it was Canelo then Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        this. Lemieux was the first titlist GGG had fought and beat, so thats his first recogniseable claim to being number 1 in his division.

Before that it was Canelo then Cotto.
        I would've still had him as thee guy at 160, despite him not having any marquee wins. It was more of a correction of events than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
          I would've still had him as thee guy at 160, despite him not having any marquee wins. It was more of a correction of events than anything else.
          do you think? he managed only one number one contender defence after Lemieux before capitulating.

Hardly a basis for having a guy at number 1, but its not far off.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            do you think? he managed only one number one contender defence after Lemieux before capitulating.

Hardly a basis for having a guy at number 1, but its not far off.
            I had him as the best guy at MW no later than 2014. Once Martinez was out of the picture, there was no kingpin like there was when Sergio was on his run but I felt Golovkin became the unofficial "man" at 160 once Martinez officially lost to Cotto. Unfortunately, I think the last prime year for Golovkin was 2015. I started noticing something in 2016 and he hasn't looked the same since. He's still good enough to compete at his age, but he isn't what he once physically was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
              Dude how can you watch those 2 fights and really say Canelo won lol...you seem like a pretty knowledgeable and thoughtful guy on some boxing things...just never have understood your take here.

Only 2 fights where I really saw GGG in a tough close fight for the whole fight were against Ouma and Derevychenko.
              When your own TRAINER says you lost! You lost.

And when you RUN out of the RING CRYING.... You KNOW you lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                in the first fight, Plodkin followed Canelo around like a lost puppy

all those misses

no cutting off the ring

none of that trademark bodywork

walking into all those nice clean counters LMAO
                EXACTLY! Threw like 8 body shots and missed 500 times... Where is that HE WAS ROBBED pic at??? With GGG looking ALL fuked up!

Right after the fight GGG went to MERCY Hospital ER room. And he looked like a TRUCK hit him. Sht weeks later he STILL looked like a racoon...

Last edited by Shadoww702; 01-17-2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                  A draw was a good score. Weird republicans like to start conspiracies, but it was a great competitive fight.

7-5 either way and 6-6 were good scores

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    EXACTLY! Threw like 8 body shots and missed 500 times... Where is that HE WAS ROBBED pic at??? With GGG looking ALL fuked up!

Right after the fight GGG went to MERCY Hospital ER room. And he looked like a TRUCK hit him. Sht weeks later he STILL looked like a racoon...

G missed over 500 shots against Murray and Stevens too, doesn't mean anything.

Comment

• I always LOVE seeing lil guys send bigger SHT talking BULLIES to the Hospital like Canelo did... GGG fans but they the same size DOE!!!

Bye Felicia!

Comment

Working...
                      X