Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Warns Lomachenko: Don't Underestimate Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    If l0m0 quits on his stool it would be funny.
    Your funny

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Vasyl has fought three times at MSG. Looking at all the places he’s fought at, it appears he likes to mix up his venues. Lomachenko has fought all over the place in his short professional career. It’ll be interesting to see where he wants to stage his next act.
      Teofimo Lopez packs in a crowd at MSG! Everyone knows that crowd was there for Lopez vs. Commey, and not Crawford vs. Kavaliauskas. Vegas would be very nice, but Teofimo would be a better draw in NYC!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Lomachenko doesn't want it it in New York City. Hmmm....
        If true, I can understand why with Teofimo being a New Yorker. Younger fighters (younger people in general) tend to be more temperamental, so Loma trying to take away any potential crowd support could be a mind-game.

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
          ah nice man, I'm miles behind you. Started playing 2 months ago and I'm at 1050 right now.. getting my rear kicked
          Don’t be discouraged, bro. Chess is an extremely difficult game to learn to play well. It’s a sport, a pastime, a science and an art. I’ve been at it almost fifty years and I’ve never gotten past Class A strength. But I love playing, and enjoy studying the works of the greats. I once beat a 2200-rated master in a live tournament, under classical time controls. It made all the years of study and effort worth it. Haha

I would suggest a couple of books for someone in your range, but Chess.com has a lot of free tools that’ll teach you quite a bit. Work on your tactics a lot, it’ll really bring up your game, but don’t neglect strategic lessons. If you start your journey the right way, you can learn fast. I wasted years pushing wood, without a clue how deep the game really was, and what resources were available. I developed a lot of bad habits and misconceptions that were hard to correct. Spend a little more time studying than playing right now. It’ll pay off in performance and, ultimately, your enjoyment of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Teofimo Lopez packs in a crowd at MSG! Everyone knows that crowd was there for Lopez vs. Commey, and not Crawford vs. Kavaliauskas. Vegas would be very nice, but Teofimo would be a better draw in NYC!
            I think that, for this fight, a crowd won’t be a problem almost anywhere. But I agree with you; MSG would be a great place to hold the fight.

Comment

win or lose Teo aint no hoe like Stank Davis

Comment

Don’t be discouraged, bro. Chess is an extremely difficult game to learn to play well. It’s a sport, a pastime, a science and an art. I’ve been at it almost fifty years and I’ve never gotten past Class A strength. But I love playing, and enjoy studying the works of the greats. I once beat a 2200-rated master in a live tournament, under classical time controls. It made all the years of study and effort worth it. Haha

I would suggest a couple of books for someone in your range, but Chess.com has a lot of free tools that’ll teach you quite a bit. Work on your tactics a lot, it’ll really bring up your game, but don’t neglect strategic lessons. If you start your journey the right way, you can learn fast. I wasted years pushing wood, without a clue how deep the game really was, and what resources were available. I developed a lot of bad habits and misconceptions that were hard to correct. Spend a little more time studying than playing right now. It’ll pay off in performance and, ultimately, your enjoyment of the game.
                Certainly do appreciate the kind words, brother. I do enjoy playing it and I also enjoy watching Carlsen and others at world chess tours. The game is truly captivating and every win over a higher-ranked opponent feels great. Getting to 1500 would make me happy haha

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                  win or lose Teo aint no hoe like Stank Davis
                  Exactly. They can say whatever about Teo but he is no chicken ass. Even if he loses, I'll still have respect for him for taking on the fight. Unlike stank

Comment

I like this kid Lopez. He’s got ambition and guts. I still say he’s too inexperienced to take on Lomachenko this early in his career, but I’m not complaining. And Teo wants to move as high as 147? Man, I don’t know about that. He looks rather small for welterweight.
                    I see this as Trinidad Vargas part 2. But even then, you have to applaud fighters like Vargas and Lopez who are willing to take that risk for greatness.

Comment

Loma vs Lopez has some really great potential. 2020 is looking like maybe a very good year for boxing.

There will possibly be some comparison to Inoue vs Donaire. The young, rising power puncher versus the older, more experienced fighter. Except Loma isn't as old as Donaire; I expect he'll have more gas in his tank.

Comment

Working...
                      X