Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did better against Floyd, Manny or Conor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did better against Floyd, Manny or Conor?

After some close analysis of these two fights I believe Conor had more success.
    Pacquiao
    68.42%
    McGregor
    31.58%

The poll is expired.

Apples to oranges.

The McGregor fight was a glorified sparring session.

Pacquiao was in a real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      Apples to oranges.

The McGregor fight was a glorified sparring session.

Pacquiao was in a real fight.
      Both fights looked like sparring sessions. I barely saw any clean punches land in Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

Comment

Manny actually beat Floyd, so I'd go with the guy that won the fight.

Comment

The McGregor fight was a prime example of how much reach benefited Mayweather. After the fight I went through boxrec and I wanna say only 3 fighters had longer reaches, McGregor, Oscar, and someone early in his career I think.

I’d say McGregor did better but it’s apples to oranges.

Comment

The bookies
            That’s who

Comment

This is funny but Conor actually won 3 rounds against Floyd while Manny only won 2. That doesnt tell the story though.

Floyd edged out 10/12 rounds against Manny by a ratio of about 55% to 45%....very, very competitive rounds.

By contrast Floyd dominated McG most of the fight (after the first 3 rounds) en route to Conor fatiguing and TKO

Floyd Manny was a terrific fight and boxing at its highest level. No it didnt have the exciting moments like Leonard's fights did, but it was 2 master chess players near the top of their game.

The main factors in the fight were Floyd's jab, Mannys straight left, Floyd's right, and Mannys inability to cut off the ring especially when Floyd moved to his left/Mannys right (cue Mannys right shoulder injury). Manny stunned Floyd twice in the fight - rounds 4 and I think 9 - but was never able to get things going consistently. Floyd potshotted Manny, clinched, moved, defended well, and generally spoiled the fight...but that was his style. As yucky as it was to watch sometimes I can appreciate the skill required to achieve that level of focus and skill

Great fight

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                The McGregor fight was a prime example of how much reach benefited Mayweather. After the fight I went through boxrec and I wanna say only 3 fighters had longer reaches, McGregor, Oscar, and someone early in his career I think.

I’d say McGregor did better but it’s apples to oranges.
                To this day I believe prime Oscar beats Floyd. If you go back and watch their fight Floyd did not put on the boxing clinic some media members pretend.

Oscar was probably up 4-2 after 6 (maybe 3-3) and he faded pretty hard afterward. That was in large part due to his inactivity and poor training habits by that point in his career. Oscar had a bad style for Floyd and I honestly think a younger Oscar is bad, bad, bad for Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
                  To this day I believe prime Oscar beats Floyd. If you go back and watch their fight Floyd did not put on the boxing clinic some media members pretend.

Oscar was probably up 4-2 after 6 (maybe 3-3) and he faded pretty hard afterward. That was in large part due to his inactivity and poor training habits by that point in his career. Oscar had a bad style for Floyd and I honestly think a younger Oscar is bad, bad, bad for Floyd
                  Yeah oscar was doing great work, and he was catching a lot of floyd’s potshots on his gloves

Comment

If Manny wasn't injured and barely able to throw a punch this would be a valid thread a not a joke.

Too bad we could only wonder what a healthy Manny would do since Floyd ran for this fight as much as he could before getting signed with a injured Pacquio.

Comment

Working...
                    X