Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jean Pascal Drops Badou Jack, Survives Scare To Win Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob g View Post
    I’d like to see Jean Pascal vs. Sergey Kovalev 3. Let Pascal get some revenge. Crazy how brutal the first 2 fights were. The 3rd one would probably look similar except for with the other guy winning. Although Kovalev might not be as durable. I’d actually be interested in seeing it
    I agree. This time I think Pascal would win as long as he avoids the power shots early.

Comment

What a great fight. Too bad there had to be a loser. I thought Jack edged it, but it was really a toss-up. No surprise it was a SD. Congrats to Pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
        Pascal beat Stevenson twice in the amateurs. But it's the ams and it was Stevenson's debut and 3rd fight respectively. Just little factoid in case you didn't know anyway
        No, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info

Comment

Badou Jack won. He got robbed yet again. At worse this fight was a draw. Badou has to blame his bad luck on his starts and inability to clearly win/steal close rounds. He's very talented, but he doesn't seem to understand that if he's going to go 12 rounds, he needs to know how to win rounds and not give them away. Judges tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the fighter that starts off strong. It's hard for them to tell when the tide is changing. I thought he won this fight, he definitely beat Degale, and I think his fight with Stevenson was a draw. Maybe he needs to question his corner. But I have to give it to Pascal. He fought a very good fight - one of his best. Pascal, is limited in skill, but he schooled Jack on how to steal a round. Stealing a few rounds early, helped him win. You can never count Pascal out, and he showed grit, power, and surprising poise/skill in this fight. I can't knock his effort. Congrats! I would love to see a rematch.....But I also wouldn't mind if Pascal hangs up the gloves. While he surprises at times, he's always an underdog and it always seems as though he's at risk to get seriously hurt in the ring. If he leaves the sport now, he legitimately has a shot to make it into the Boxing HOF.

Comment

Yeah it was worded poorly. I should have just said 'he will not get the benefit of the doubt'.

Comment

Working...
            X