Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Boxes Past Andy Ruiz To Reclaim World Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont be mad

Thats boxing right there

Comment

• Cutting down weight and trying to be a boxer rather than a bodybuilder and model is the smartest move AJ has done in his career so far. Well deserved victory for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
        Boring fight. Respect to Joshua for the gameplan but that was a decent performance at best. He landed mostly jabs, looked like a deer in the headlights every time he got tagged and clinched everytime Ruiz got close. His stamina was impressive though.

Oh, you mean that wasn't a straight up CLINIC lol? I feel like something resembling head movement and some mean combos should be a requisite if that word is being bandied around, but I'm ****ing weird like that

Comment

• This fight should be dissected. AJ was fantastic with his jab, no question. But the first rounds Ruiz was cutting the ring off well. So what happens when you do so and don't force the action? You start following around the puncher. Ruiz is lucky he did not get Koed.

Its a bitter feeling when your looking at guys enter that ring the way Whyte and Ruiz looked. Why not get in shape guys? hats off to AJ who did come in ready to fight.

Comment

• Well, Mexico took a loss today.

Comment

• This fool just blamed his weight and not training right!? You just lost respect Andy

Comment

• Originally posted by jondacon View Post
                Terrible fight. I hardly call that a "boxing lesson"... that was jab, jab, run, dont engage, jab, clinch.

What Floyd did to Canelo was a boxing lesson.

You cant be a HW Champ and fight scared...
                Evidently you can.

AJ landed more shots, the cleaner shots, the more effective shots, imposed the style he wanted on the fight.

He made the adjustments required. Ruiz did exactly the opposite.

If that's not a lesson then I don't know what is.

Joshua was far from perfect, by the way. He won't go near Ruiz again just in case he bothers to prepare.

Comment

• Ruiz just admitted he gained too much weight.

Comment

• I hate to say it but Jacobs vs Chavez needs to be fireworks to close out this year.

Comment

• Gotta love some of the posters on here. Criticise Wilder for having no technique, no game plan and winning with power shots, then criticise AJ for having a game plan, technique but no power. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X