Comments Thread For: Joshua Much Lighter, Ruiz Much Heavier For Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's porkchop season

Comment

Ruiz Loses and Whyte runs out of gas and get stopped why only a 10 rounder

Fat *****ers train lazy gits

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
        If he looked like shlt, you could maybe be worried.

But this is the strongest I've ever seen him look. He's looked like shlt most of his careeer and he still performed well and won. This isn't even andy's heaviest weight. I remember him coming in at 290 once.

This is the best I've ever seen andy look. He looks powerful.
        Ruiz' game is speed though.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
          Been a fan of boxing for a long time. But lemme break down to you the science of this all. 1 pound of fat is equal to a full size g****fruit vs 1 lb of muscle which is equal to a full size tangerine. Theres NOTHING casual about that. Its fact

As for parker/Ruiz weighing the same at their weigh in does nothing to back your argument
          Iam not a sports scientist or nothing but this makes interesting reading:

Katie Heimburger, MS, exercise physiologist in Atlanta

Muscle weighs more than fat. "In simple terms, a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat," Heimburger tells WebMD. "The difference is that muscle is much more dense than body fat. Therefore, a pound of muscle will take up much less room in your body than a pound of fat. Another benefit of muscle, it is significantly more vascular [better blood supply] than body fat and will cause you to burn more calories at rest than body fat."

Hence when your up against competitors in other sports you can really tell the difference.If you come up against a muscle bound athlete it feels like your coming up against a rock as opposed to an inflatable 😉

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            Yea, but according to boxrec, he hasn't weighed this much since 2009, in his second fight.

You were watching him in his second fight?
            Another condescending poster on this forum. What a shocker! I am not sure if this guy has followed Ruiz from the beginning but some of us have followed guys from the beginning of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
              Another condescending poster on this forum. What a shocker! I am not sure if this guy has followed Ruiz from the beginning but some of us have followed guys from the beginning of their careers.
              Actually, I'm cool with the guy I quoted and I was asking simply and sincerely to know if he knew about him way back then.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
                Damn!!! Imagine how much Ruiz will weigh when he re hydrates. 300 lbs maybe a bit more. Supposedly Ruiz had said he was going to come into this fight 8 lbs lighter than the first one and supposedly the media was saying Ruiz is looking slimmer. I don't know if Ruiz coming in heavier is a good thing or a bad thing. I'm impressed that Joshua weighs 10 pounds less than the previous fight. I dunno why but something tells me that Joshua is going to have a better performance and win the rematch
                Why would a heavyweight dehydrate himself 20 lbs for a no limit weigh in?

Comment

Andy might have bulked up. His body is naturally a blubber and I have not seen any reports of him not training.

AJ came in lighter and I bet it is for stamina purposes, the pressure got to him. Being hurt and tired is what made him quit.

I had it 50/50 before, now I have 55/45 Ruiz. That is a lot of mass for AJ to handle

Comment

I think this will the best version of AJ vs the best version of Ruiz and a real 50/50 fight.

Comment

I truly believed in his Cinderella story. The common man, the underdog. I constantly heard the rumors of his lack of focus and training. Some rumors were probably leaked by his team to try to motivate him. Ruiz does not want to realize that he is still the B side until he can win again. Joshua 80 million to 20 million. I think it is illegal to set a contract in case Joshua loses to where he is not compensated as a Champion 65 to 35. I hope he has a game plan and that his rock beats their paper. I do not care if he wins another fight. He has to win this one. Noone wants to aspire to be a one hit wonder and be on the circuit of former champs playing gatekeeper.

Comment

Working...
                      X