Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua - What Happens If It Happens Again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua - What Happens If It Happens Again?

By Cliff Rold - If he never won another fight, Anthony Joshua (22-1, 21 KO) would be able to say he had a career most fighters could only dream of. In 2012, he won Olympic gold at super heavyweight at home in the UK. In his first 22 professional fights, he won three major heavyweight belts and a fight of the year, got rich, and became a ticket...
    [Click Here To Read More]

If he loses, it won’t ruin the career he’s already had. Look at RJJ, Mike Tyson, and others like them who ended up having an amazing early career and tanking in the second half. They’re still considered legends.

Comment

"he’d be without a big piece of the negotiating leverage he’s had for the last few years"

That's the point I'm hoping for!

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
        If he loses, it won’t ruin the career he’s already had. Look at RJJ, Mike Tyson, and others like them who ended up having an amazing early career and tanking in the second half. They’re still considered legends.
        I would suggest the Roy Jones and Mike Tyson in the early part of their careers were each considered dominant and untouchable in their own ways which contributed to their status as legends. Those 2 in particular brought something to the table that was unique and never seen before. I don’t think we can say the same for Joshua. He has looked suspect in a number of his fights and I think very few people see him having that air of invincibility that Roy or Mike had.

I’d say if he loses, he’s done as a top heavyweight.

Comment

If he loses again, he's David Price-level.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            If he loses again, he's David Price-level.

In that case they could lure Fraudley Harrison out of retirement for a big match between two former British Olympic Gold Medalists

Comment

If he loses he's not done but it's hard to see where he goes from here.

Comment

If he loses again to the same fighter then we can all say that fighter had his number. Styles make fights and my belief is Joshua has already beaten better fighters than Andy Ruiz but he struggles with the dimensions and style of Andy Ruiz. When Boxers of all dimensions start dropping and stopping Joshua then i will start worrying but right now Josua has 1 loss and another loss to that same fighter is far from the end of the world.

Im a big Joshua fan but im not a deluded one who saw him as an ATG who would likely breeze through his career no issues or problems. The man is flawed but at this weight they all are.

Comment

If happens twice then it will mean Ruiz is the better boxer. I still think he’s fight Wilder and I don’t think it would change the outcome either way.

Comment

There's a massive asterisk beside his "quality" win over Parker.

Without the refs help I'm pretty sure Oilskin would have flattened the giant glass jawed robot, just like ruiz did with an inside counter punching game.

I'd suggest watching the Ruiz Parker fight again and marvel at the hand speed and rock solid whiskers of both fighters.

It's no coincidence everyone is ducking Parker and Fast Eddie is doing to him what he did with Ortiz when he was with matchroom.

Comment

Working...
                    X