Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Wouldn't Be Talking Fury If We Had Same Ref From Ortiz Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    You can't have watched too many world title fights if you think that "most refs" call off a fight immediately if one man goes down hard. That is actually a very rare thing to see, if it's the first KD in that round and the fighter didn't ship a lot of punishment before going down.
    I realize you have a different opinion, but, you know who the **** you are talking to...

I'll say it straight as ****, when it comes to HW title fights you'll find no poster on this forum more comfortable with them. Period.

You done know from 686BC to 1888 I'm uncontested. What makes you think I skipped the filmed and radio years? Those are just waaaay easier to find and waaay easier to digest. I'll watch a fight before I read one, I am human.

-----

Wasn't the first KD, and, most people don't get put down like that off one punch so finding a direct analog to prove either point is kinda...good luck.

He got in a left hook while Tyson was going down, it was brutal as **** and you know damn well had he just waved it off it wouldn't have cause any controversy because we're all used to seeing brutal as **** KD's called immediately.

Gerald Washington was given less chance, where's the kerfuffle for him? Okay, so when it isn't a high profile fighter then it's okay, but, when it is that'd be a quick call?

Also, like every fight in the UK is called kinda early, they don't even need a brutal KD, just a one sided exchange and you get a Audley style KO.

Show me the KD where the fighter getting up was given so just as much room to prove he can continue.

Finally, I think struggling to find a direct analog alludes to my statement being true; it was an abnormal call.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
      What's the purpose of the 3 KD rule? Why is it 10 count instead of 30? Why do most refs call it without giving the fighter the opportunity when they go straight down hard?

Because it's dangerous to the fighter and it's their job to keep the fighter safe. Duh.

Even Jack admit his count was funny and he "chose boxing". He went out of the norm, not Bayless.

He should have stopped that fight and Wilder did deserve the KO. You're just a fanboy.
      Ortiz didnt get up like Fury did

way different

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        What's the purpose of the 3 KD rule? Why is it 10 count instead of 30? Why do most refs call it without giving the fighter the opportunity when they go straight down hard?

Because it's dangerous to the fighter and it's their job to keep the fighter safe. Duh.

Even Jack admit his count was funny and he "chose boxing". He went out of the norm, not Bayless.

He should have stopped that fight and Wilder did deserve the KO. You're just a fanboy.
        Wilder boys still crying. Trying so hard to justify wilder deserved a draw.
        I wouldn't blame you guys, I blame fury for being too over confident in the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
          Only God knows why Reiss said that but it's not out of sorts to give a fighter who got knocked down a ten count..... in fact its the normal thing to do, ESPECIALLY IF THAT FIGHTER WAS CLEARLY WINNING WITHOUT TAKING MUCH PUNISHMENT.

You keep saying it was a bad call based on other unrelated scenarios, yet I'm the dumb one?

To a moron like you anyone with common sense probably seems dumb but its okay its not your fault, you don't choose to be slow, it just happens to some unfortunate souls.
          God and everyone else who isn't willfully stupid as ****.

I'm sure when you don't have the fanboy blinders on you're plenty intelligent for the average ****.

Comment

i know boxing can be fatal, but 7 seconds to go.... ortiz has a very good point there

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
              Ortiz didnt get up like Fury did

way different
              Yeah, find me any one example that isn't way different. That's kinda my point bud.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                He's the only one agreeing with Wilder (an intellectual genius), yet everyone else is dumb while he continues to use completely unrelated scenarios for his point. Can't wait till he brings up Meldrick Taylor against Chavez to support his point lol.
                Ortiz went down just as hard as Fury and Bayless didn't wave it off without giving him a count. Ortiz was also down for over 3 seconds longer than Fury, and looked out on his feet when he got up.

Comment

We have many cry baby's in here.
                  Fury was robbed, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by byfbnz View Post
                    i know boxing can be fatal, but 7 seconds to go.... ortiz has a very good point there
                    The round had ended by the time he got up.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                      Wilder boys still crying. Trying so hard to justify wilder deserved a draw.
                      I wouldn't blame you guys, I blame fury for being too over confident in the 12th.
                      Y'all got like the worst comprehension of them all. You're not worth my time son.

Comment

Working...
                      X