Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Wouldn't Be Talking Fury If We Had Same Ref From Ortiz Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reiss started his count 2 seconds after Fury hit the canvas.
    Bayless started his count 2 seconds after Ortiz hit the canvas.

Fury was up on 9
    Ortis was still with his hands on th efloor on 10.

Counts were good.

But Bayliss as a referee is more likely to wave off a fight without a count.
    Reiss less so.
    There's the difference.

Bayless plays safe and it's less of a spectacle.
    Reiss is more old time and we have the Fury-Wilder rematch down to him.

If only Reiss had been refereeing Kovalev-Ward 2 and Glowacki-Breidis. Now there's a crap referee >>> Byrd

Comment

Fury beat the count, was fine on his feet and proceeded to win the rest of the round- even buzzing Wilder. So this is a silly and wrongheaded argument by Wilder. The punch that landed on Ortiz was much worse than the 2-punch combo that hit Fury. Those punches didn't land the same way.

Ortiz was messed up pretty bad from that punch and wobbled after getting to his feet. I'm glad Bayless stopped it. It was only going to get more gruesome from there.

A real shame Ortiz was ducked until he got old. The same thing happened to GGG and is currently happening to Bud Crawford. The Spence fight may have lost some of its luster now due to the accident. Make the big fights happen while they really mean something.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
        Wow that knockdown was so dangerous to Fury's life that he landed multiple combinations and won the rest of the round. Good thing Bayless would have saved his life. You ****ing idiot.
        That's dumb as ****, you're ****ing stupid

Plenty of men finish the fight then go into a coma. Mago wasn't that long ago, you are dumb as ****.

If it was obvious they're hurt and could be killed we wouldn't have these rules. A man being called out is well older, dumbass. These rules are for to protect people who are not obviously injured.

****ing stupid...learn something before you run that ****sucker at me again.

Comment

Why is Wilder fibbing? He was expecting Ortiz to get up like fury got up and was preying Ortiz stayed down as he knew he was 6 rounds behind!

Theoretically, the ref was within his right to stop fight as oritz misjudged the 10 second count and got up at 10 whilst im sure Ortiz felt it was 9 seconds.
          Fury on other hand was no reason to stop fight just cos fury went down hard. YOu have 10 seconds to get up.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            That's dumb as ****, you're ****ing stupid

Plenty of men finish the fight then go into a coma. Mago wasn't that long ago, you are dumb as ****.

If it was obvious they're hurt and could be killed we wouldn't have these rules. A man being called out is well older, dumbass. These rules are for to protect people who are not obviously injured.

****ing stupid...learn something before you run that ****sucker at me again.
            Did Fury? Your logic is so incredibly ******ed that I'm surprised you're still on this planet. "UHH SOMETHING HAPPENED TO THIS OTHER FIGHTER SO FURY DUHH". Fury is not in a coma. He did not have any complications. So where was this ref saving his life.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Went out of the norm by giving a fallen fighter a count? isn't that what most refs do. Imagine a fight being waved off every time someone got dropped.

What protection did Fury need considering he finished the round far better than Wilder who was holding on at the end?

Also what does the 3 KD rule have to do with this scenario?

Lol typing all that nonsense and calling someone else a fan boy, hilarious.
              Goddamn, sometime I think this forum is too slow for me. It's one thing to disagree, but, when y'all constantly ask me to hold your hand and connect dots for you that's really all you need to know.

Jack Riess's quote isn't something I made up. The ref himself tells you yes he did go out of the ordinary. That argument is over, go look it up if you like, but there's no point in playing grab ass over a topic that's been spoken on by the single best authority to do it, ya stupid prick.

What protection did Fury need considering he finished the round far better than Wilder who was holding on at the end?

Also what does the 3 KD rule have to do with this scenario?
              You read that first paragraph in this post? Read it twice because you're dumb as ****.

It is an example of a situation where the damage may not be obvious and the fighter may be capable of continuing, but, it's unsafe to allow them so the fight is stopped.

What protection? The same protection everyone not named Tyson Fury gets when they go heels to heaven or have their face sliced open like Lennox did Vitali.

Now you're not just a fanboy, you're two bad statements from full blown ******ed. Ya dumb prick, come at me some more with yer stupid ass.
              Last edited by Marchegiano; 11-26-2019, 09:33 AM. Reason: too damn dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                Goddamn, sometime I think this forum is too slow for me. It's one thing to disagree, but, when y'all constantly ask me to hold your hand and connect dots for you that's really all you need to know.

Jack Riess's quote isn't something I made up. The ref himself tells you yes he did go out of the ordinary. That argument is over, go look it up if you like, but there's no point in playing grab ass over a topic that's been spoken on by the single best authority to do it, ya stupid prick.

You read that first paragraph in this post? Read it twice because you're dumb as ****.

It is an example of a situation where the damage may not be obvious and the fighter may be capable of continuing, but, it's unsafe to allow them so the fight is stopped.

What protection? The same protection everyone not named Tyson Fury gets when they go heels to heaven or have their face sliced open like Lennox did Vitali.

Now you're not just a fanboy, you're two bad statements from full blown ******ed. Ya dumb prick, come at me some more with yer stupid ass.
                You're literally the only one who agrees with Wilder who is basically a simpleton in his own right yet the rest of us are the dummies. You're using examples of completely different situations to back up a void point. What damage did Fury sustain that might not have been obvious? He wasn't exactly taking flush punches for the whole of the fight...... "DERP DERP BUT MAGO ALMOST DIED....." .... completely different scenario.

Again Fury did not need protection because unlike other fighters he had barely taken any punishment and he beat the count and clearly demonstrated that he was very steady on his feet. If the ref had waved the fight off it would have been the wrong call. You're throwing out insults and calling names yet you are too daft to grasp a simple concept.
                Last edited by NaijaD; 11-26-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

"Ortiz, meanwhile, complained that Bayless should’ve allowed him to continue because there were only nine seconds to go in the seventh round when Bayless halted their scheduled 12-round rematch at MGM Grand Garden Arena."

The bolded is wrong. Ortiz hit the deck with 5 seconds left in the round, and he was down for nearly 13 seconds before Bayless waved the fight off just he got to his feet. So the round actually ended 8 seconds before Bayless halted the fight. Check the video.

The crazy thing about this complaint from Wilder is that not only was Ortiz in far worse shape than Fury when he got up, but he was down for about 4 seconds longer than Fury, due to Bayless not starting his count till Wilder went to a neutral corner.

Jack Reiss didn't wait for Wilder to go to a neutral corner before starting his count over Fury and he didn't pause his count when Wilder came out of the neutral corner, which the rules say he should have done.

Wilder has nothing at all to complain about regarding Reiss's count. Fury was on the deck for a fraction over 9 secs, Ortiz was down for a fraction under 14 secs.

Comment

Wilder is right. But seeing as how fury was able to get up and finish the fight I’d say that the ref made the right call that night. And this is from a Deontay fan.

Say what you will about the risks of boxing, but Fury earned the right to get up. I think every fighter should always get a 10 count unless they clearly need quick medical attention. Count to ten. Then look in their eyes and make the determination if the fight needs to be stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                      Did Fury? Your logic is so incredibly ******ed that I'm surprised you're still on this planet. "UHH SOMETHING HAPPENED TO THIS OTHER FIGHTER SO FURY DUHH". Fury is not in a coma. He did not have any complications. So where was this ref saving his life.
                      Oh I see, we have these rule to protect fighters even if their damage isn't obvious, but, they're stupid rules to enforce on Fury because he wasn't in fact damaged?

When have you applied this to anyone not named Tyson?

Since when does the actuality of the damage have play on whether or not the call was good?

We gonna go look at Harrison's medical report post fight then ***** that the ref called it early because it turns out Harrison wasn't that hurt? No? Oh but Tyson Fury wasn't hurt so it's a good call? Hmmm.

Finally, continue with this personal ****. You want to compare who has done what on this planet do you? Just say go, son. I'll bury your never did **** ass with my actual global accomplishments. Ya goofy ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X