No announcement yet.

Wilder's punch is for real. But Ortiz is and always was crap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    Ortiz is crap but whyte, and chisora are great.... of course a brit would say this... of the batch of HWs we have Ortiz is one of the best, not like we have many to chose from, id rather just enjoy what we have instead of complaining all day when its not in the favor of my fighter or region, any southpaw with decent skill will always be a decent fight... would love to see Ortiz vs other top Hws
    At this point both whyte and chisora stop Ortiz by stoppage.
    Ortiz is done.
    Winning rounds against wilder means no shyyte.
    Everybody wins rounds against wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Dude you don't even know what's going on. All we know is what is fed to us from promoters and fighters. You just choose what side to believe. I'm following a pattern of fighters who haven't and refuse to step foot into the ring with Ortiz. It's easy to see why, because he is a southpaw with power and can box. High risk, low reward. That's how fighters like him have been treated since boxing started

most of these guys have zero idea waht they are looking at.

ortiz took wilder's power away better than any other fighter over 7 rounds. he didn't put a glove on ortiz. when he threw he missed [by a lot] and got countered. i'd have to go back and see if there was a round i could give wilder out of pity! wasn't putting in work to set himself up for later, wasn't breaking ortiz down, wasn't setting him up with different looks and establishing the distance to end the fight. he was just waiting.

it's just a fact that you can't even get good left handed sparring at HW. lefties who can punch can be counted on one hand throughout all of history! they're f#cking rare. add in his amateur background and he's been a tough nut to crack.

if dillian white beat this guy they'd all be singing his praise. and they know it. it is what it is, we all know that they don't regularly have a HW champion and this is all new to them and that they're likely hijacked emotionally and not seeing clealry. or just not having seen enough HW to be able to evaluate a fighter and what went on for 7 rounds.

wilder goes out there and misses and gets countered for another couple of rounds and he may very well go to press on the gas in the 10th and have nothing left tactically to land his gas. that's very likely how he's going to lose, in spite of him having the power in round 12. almost happened with fury, the man could have gotten up and won the fight on a card well within the confines of reason, and a lot thought he got lucky with the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        Basically. Ortiz was sharp and fast, i’m not sure he took a single solid right till the one that ko’d him, defense on point. Dominated wilder till that power hit him.

this is the thing ^

ortiz hardly got a glove put on him. and he... looked like crap?

in the first fight they traded. ortiz took shots early and the risks helped him hurt wilder, but they also got him tagged. in the second fight ortiz boxed very well for a big guy. took the jab away with his lead hand, saw literally every right hand from a mile away until that last shot. boxed like one of the classic cuban big men but he unfortunately he wasn't an amateur in his 20's or early 30's!

a [likely ] 50 year old got tired at the end of the round and woke up on the canvas. it f#cking happens. ask wilder if he thought ortiz was boxing well, he's got nothing but praise for that dude and his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I disagree. He's a southpaw with a lot of skill and good power. If he was such a light touch others would of fought him with no problem. The only ones that did or tried were Wilder and AJ. No Takam, Parker, Whyte, Povetkin, Fury, heck not even Gerald Washington, Kownacki, Chisora, Arreola. None of them wanted that smoke
          Well its not like ortiz called them out and hes not some sort of draw or cash cow. Ortiz is good but a fat 40 something year old with high blood pressure wouldn't exactly do good in any other era besides this trashass one

Comment

if only ortiz could fight 6 rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              You do know that Wlad was the WBA champion right?

Is Manuel Charr the Heavyweight Champion? Stay consistent in your own argument

If you consider Povetkin a Heavyweight Champion then you have to with Ortiz too
              No I don't since one had an actual WBA belt and one had an interim belt

Wlad was the super champ. Not my fault that WBA decided to elevate him after the Haye fight. You can take your gripe up with them.

Similarly, Pacquiao was a WBA champ after beating Matthysse. Trevor Bryan is the interim WBA champ currently, and only a total idiot would ever claim that's worth anything.

In fact, only a complete spastic would ever claim that an olympic gold medalist with 6 or 7 world champions on his record, a world title belt with multiple defenses and one points defeat to the second longest reigning heavyweight champ ever, is somehow inferior to a guy who didn't win any major amateur honours, has zero world champs on his resume, zero top three contenders and has defeated zero recognizable names.

But that's the wilder fanboy logic of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                who did miller beat that makes his unbeaten record so impressive?
                No one really. Same can be said for Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  this is the thing ^

ortiz hardly got a glove put on him. and he... looked like crap?

in the first fight they traded. ortiz took shots early and the risks helped him hurt wilder, but they also got him tagged. in the second fight ortiz boxed very well for a big guy. took the jab away with his lead hand, saw literally every right hand from a mile away until that last shot. boxed like one of the classic cuban big men but he unfortunately he wasn't an amateur in his 20's or early 30's!

a [likely ] 50 year old got tired at the end of the round and woke up on the canvas. it f#cking happens. ask wilder if he thought ortiz was boxing well, he's got nothing but praise for that dude and his skills.
                  He did look f'ing slow compared to other guys at the top level .

But I forgot who I'm talking to. The same guy who said Wilder needed more time nearly 10 years into his pro career, but gave AJ zero credit for beating Povetkin only a few years into his.

The ultimate fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    most of these guys have zero idea waht they are looking at.

ortiz took wilder's power away better than any other fighter over 7 rounds. he didn't put a glove on ortiz. when he threw he missed [by a lot] and got countered. i'd have to go back and see if there was a round i could give wilder out of pity! wasn't putting in work to set himself up for later, wasn't breaking ortiz down, wasn't setting him up with different looks and establishing the distance to end the fight. he was just waiting.

it's just a fact that you can't even get good left handed sparring at HW. lefties who can punch can be counted on one hand throughout all of history! they're f#cking rare. add in his amateur background and he's been a tough nut to crack.

if dillian white beat this guy they'd all be singing his praise. and they know it. it is what it is, we all know that they don't regularly have a HW champion and this is all new to them and that they're likely hijacked emotionally and not seeing clealry. or just not having seen enough HW to be able to evaluate a fighter and what went on for 7 rounds.

wilder goes out there and misses and gets countered for another couple of rounds and he may very well go to press on the gas in the 10th and have nothing left tactically to land his gas. that's very likely how he's going to lose, in spite of him having the power in round 12. almost happened with fury, the man could have gotten up and won the fight on a card well within the confines of reason, and a lot thought he got lucky with the draw.
                    What was the difference between this fight and the Gerald Washington fight? Or the Szpilka fight?

You act like making Wilder look bad is a new thing This literally happens every other fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      Jennings is a good fighter, look at Andy Ruiz, who did he beat? Jennings gave Wlad his toughest bout in a decade and that W over Perez was good.

When you don't rank Jennings properly it throws off the entire HW scene. Now people wondering why Ruiz can beat AJ, why Shyte went life and death with Rivas etc. But it all makes sense when you rank BJ where he deserves to be ranked.
                      I knew someone was going to bring up Bryant Jennings

Hilarious that the only time in his career he was relevant is when Wilder fanboys need to big up Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X