No announcement yet.

It’s disgusting how much this board cares about KSI-Paul

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    It's disgusting that people were entertained by an event? What exactly is your problem with it? It didn't hurt anything. ****ing crybaby.
    A lot of these so called fans can’t see the big picture. They don’t want boxing to succeed. Luckily they are not in charge of boxing or promote world class fighters. They can call Hearn all types of negative names, but the dude is a mastermind. He promoted this event and used the viewership it would attract for KSI vs LP, to promote his fighters Devin Haney and Billy Joe Saunders. He just exposed two of his real boxers to new fans.

Like I said before, a promotional-saavy promoter would jump on these circus fight events because that is basically almost like free promotion for their real fighters. I bet you people who knew nothing about boxing now know the names Billy Joe Saunders and Devin Haney.

These posters talking crap don’t have a clue on how to promote boxing. They’re insulting an event that was promoted by a guy who makes millions off of promoting in boxing and constantly holds big boxing events and knows who to sign and how to promote them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if more popular youtubers get into boxing and that’s going to be great for the exposure of the real boxing talent.

Comment

It shows that the popularity of boxing is just an illusion.

Comment

It's puzzling to me how a hardcore fan can be so upset over this. The people that went along to the fight, were not saving their money to go and watch some 25-10 guy who's given his life to the sport and never earned more than a few thousand, and instead went to watch 2 youtubers. Nothing was stolen from boxing, at the very worst it inspired a whole new generation to head along to their local boxing gyms and pay money into the sport we supposedly love.

Boxing is entertainment, long before it's anything else. Undeniably the most entertaining fight of the night, was the 2 casual youtubers having a boxing match. If you didn't enjoy their fight...maybe you're not a real fan? Boxing doesn't discriminate on 2 able bodied and minded human beings fighting, so why would a "fan"?

Comment

I don't mind that they fought boxing etc, from the highlights I saw at least the fight wasn't bad as I expected. I'm more disgusted that they got paid that amount of money, which a normal regular person doesn't even dream to do in two lifetimes, while very talented boxers, that they invested their time in training since they were kids, are still struggling to kick start their pro careers, including Olympic boxers.

While even former professional boxers ended up homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
            I don't mind that they fought boxing etc, from the highlights I saw at least the fight wasn't bad as I expected. I'm more disgusted that they got paid that amount of money, which a normal regular person doesn't even dream to do in two lifetimes, while very talented boxers, that they invested their time in training since they were kids, are still struggling to kick start their pro careers, including Olympic boxers.

While even former professional boxers ended up homeless.
            They didn't earn that money because people wanted a boxing match. They earned the money because it was them, and people will pay to watch them do different things.

The talented young pro will have to make it as a boxer to earn good money.

Or they could become a YouTuber with millions of subscribers. Or find another avenue to earn. Just like everyone else.

Comment

I’d rather watch these evenly matched jokers than some of the ridiculous mismatches we get fed on “real” boxing cards.

Boxing fans are too precious. Just enjoy it for what it is, a bit of entertainment. Nobody is being forced to watch it. It was a circus but boxing is already a circus sometimes, usually in a bad way. This was a bit of fun.

Youtube celebs isn’t my world, but if two of my favourite musicians wanted to get in the ring to fight, i’d tune in to that no doubt, just for the fun of it. So just because youtube celebrities may not be some of our worlds, look at it from the perspective of kids that love that stuff. It might be their first exposure to boxing and that isn’t a bad thing.

The truth is it’ll probably have almost no impact on boxing. 99.9% of people who only watched for the youtubers will go back to their gaming vids by today. They’re not exactly going to start watching Ted Cheeseman fight or whatever.

It’s not worth getting angry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                They're multi millionaires already, they make more in a month than the vast majority of people do in a year. Not like they needed to do it.
                It was pure greed. They did it for one reason and one reason only: money.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  A lot of these so called fans can’t see the big picture. They don’t want boxing to succeed. Luckily they are not in charge of boxing or promote world class fighters. They can call Hearn all types of negative names, but the dude is a mastermind. He promoted this event and used the viewership it would attract for KSI vs LP, to promote his fighters Devin Haney and Billy Joe Saunders. He just exposed two of his real boxers to new fans.

Like I said before, a promotional-saavy promoter would jump on these circus fight events because that is basically almost like free promotion for their real fighters. I bet you people who knew nothing about boxing now know the names Billy Joe Saunders and Devin Haney.

These posters talking crap don’t have a clue on how to promote boxing. They’re insulting an event that was promoted by a guy who makes millions off of promoting in boxing and constantly holds big boxing events and knows who to sign and how to promote them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if more popular youtubers get into boxing and that’s going to be great for the exposure of the real boxing talent.
                  That’s so, so WRONG.

This event isn’t growing the sport it’s damaging it.

If more YouTubers come in, more fighters get pushed out... there’s not enough food for everyone to eat. Boxing is already a saturated market. There’s only so many dates, so much money etc. If undeserving YouTubers start taking a cut, where does that leave the fighters who’ve dedicated their lives to the sport?

Educate yourself before you embarrass yourself...

Comment

seriously!! boxing fans are stupid! anything boxing related and these virgins goes crazy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      I’d rather watch these evenly matched jokers than some of the ridiculous mismatches we get fed on “real” boxing cards.

Boxing fans are too precious. Just enjoy it for what it is, a bit of entertainment. Nobody is being forced to watch it. It was a circus but boxing is already a circus sometimes, usually in a bad way. This was a bit of fun.

Youtube celebs isn’t my world, but if two of my favourite musicians wanted to get in the ring to fight, i’d tune in to that no doubt, just for the fun of it. So just because youtube celebrities may not be some of our worlds, look at it from the perspective of kids that love that stuff. It might be their first exposure to boxing and that isn’t a bad thing.

The truth is it’ll probably have almost no impact on boxing. 99.9% of people who only watched for the youtubers will go back to their gaming vids by today. They’re not exactly going to start watching Ted Cheeseman fight or whatever.

It’s not worth getting angry about.
                      They're jokers to you now? But before the fight you were telling the board that Logan Paul could beat anyone at heavyweight not named Fury or Usyk. You got carried away didn't you.

Comment

Working...
                      X