No announcement yet.

It’s disgusting how much this board cares about KSI-Paul

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    Dude these guys talking shh can’t even fight their debates right much less actually last six rounds in a ring..too lazy to do simple basic searches but want to critique guys who took time to do full camps and treat the sport with the respect it deserves.
    99.9% of human beings would do a full camp and have a glorified spar for 6 rounds for the money they were paid/ are making.

You’re so delusional man...

Comment

It's disgusting that people were entertained by an event? What exactly is your problem with it? It didn't hurt anything. ****ing crybaby.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        99.9% of human beings would do a full camp and have a glorified spar for 6 rounds for the money they were paid/ are making.

They're multi millionaires already, they make more in a month than the vast majority of people do in a year. Not like they needed to do it.

Comment

It's nearly impossible to be a fan of boxing and completely ignore the business side of things. It's prize fighting - it follows the money.

So I watched it out of curiosity for the experiment. All businesses need to adapt and evolve. Here was a business (Matchroom) that has taken a particular path with a digital platform (DAZN) tapping into a new market that was relevant to its offering.

These YouTubers are huge business. There's an 8 year old who made $22 million reviewing toys!

If they were to do a series of 'celebrity' fights then of course I wouldn't watch. I'm a boxing fan.

But if they were to use these fights to help to generate the kind of money to get 'proper' fights made then I'd be all for it! Anything that gets the fights made and helps boxers earn for their graft and risks.

With this fight, it was just an interesting experiment. Digital celebrities cross collaborating on a digital platform. You know Eddie will share these numbers - I'm really interested to find out.

Comment

That chit was entertaining af, better than most boxing fights this year from the supposed pros. I want a KSI V LOGAN PAUL TRILOGY.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Yeah guys who drive Ferrari’s in ever color which they own, who wake up in multi million dollar homes really need to get punched in the face for money they’ll make without fighting anyway. My point is despite the fact these guys are rich and comfy in life they talk their shttt and handled it like real men whereas the folk on here just fight their keyboards. These dudes didn’t go in there and not fight..they obviously took it seriously and that’s more than folks expected. Let them live, how many of these fat fks on here you imagine would even stick through a full grueling camp even for that money..

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
                Spot on. Real fans should just pretend this circus didnt happen
                No, not really. We can't put our heads in the sand on this. This event can be good and bad for boxing. It has the potential to encourage more people, money and media to be involved in the sport, as the barrier to entry has been lowered. The more celebrities putting on the gloves, the better for the sport as it attracts more attention. Boxing has been trying for years to turn boxers into personalities, and only a few have been able to transcend the heights...Leonard, Jones, Tyson, Mayweather, DeLa Hoya. Now it may be time to turn personalities into boxers and build the sport from that angle.

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
                  No, not really. We can't put our heads in the sand on this. This event can be good and bad for boxing. It has the potential to encourage more people, money and media to be involved in the sport, as the barrier to entry has been lowered. The more celebrities putting on the gloves, the better for the sport as it attracts more attention. Boxing has been trying for years to turn boxers into personalities, and only a few have been able to transcend the heights...Leonard, Jones, Tyson, Mayweather, DeLa Hoya. Now it may be time to turn personalities into boxers and build the sport from that angle.
                  Im not sure the sport getting bigger is such a great thing for the fans, sure there could more high profile events but it doesnt lead to us getting the fights we want to see.

Take this weekend for example. 2 talented fighters like saunders and haney against poor opposition that they brought in on the cheap mainly because most of the money went to ksi and Paul.

Only my opinion but i personally dont want to see a watered down product for the sake of a few new fans

Comment

I love boxing so much, I sometimes watch random people backyard boxing on youtube. Growing up, my friends and I would box in building lobby halls and basements and record each other. If you’re a boxing fan, then you’ll watch any boxing. A lot of you are acting like you’re the sh/t, like this fight is beneath you and insulting others for showing interest. If I watch random people boxing on youtube, yeah, i’m going to watch KSI vs Logan Paul with interest too. Plus I prepaid $100 for a year of DAZN and i’m going to watch every boxing fight I can. From Canelo vs Jacobs and Kovalev, to Donaire vs Inoue, to the waste of GGG vs Rolls, good battles like GGG vs Derevyanchenko to yeah...KSI VS LP.

At least KSI vs LP was not a mismatch. They both equally suck so their fight was 50-50.

Comment

it is nice to see youtube guys putting it down, and throwing punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X