No announcement yet.

GGG's next fight? Lol...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Those are the best names on his entire resume. And they only came about within the last few years of his career.
    Lol...most fighters fight their best opposition towards the end of their careers...and GGG had like 10-15 other solid names on his list too...but because he KOed them people say they suck...just hating imo.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
      You act like you're some nonbiased boxing sage. You're not. You're as biased as any of those you accuse.
      are you going to tell me youve never seen the same guys, that trash kov as an opponent for canelo and claim losses to ward, turn around and say kov was robbed in kov/ward threads and not give ward any credit?

of course im biased...im biased towards what i see as the truth

youre out here pretending like you dont know what im talking about...like youve never seen ward/kov threads around here....i guess you turn a blind eye then huh?

Comment

Those are the best names on his entire resume. And they only came about within the last few years of his career.
        No one in his weight class or really around him wanted anything to do with him until he got older.

Miguel Cotto ducked him.
        Sergio Martinez didn't want anything to do with him but I forgive that because he was having big issues with his knee by the time GGG started rising up.
        Froch decided to stay retired rather than fight him. Said he hit like a mule and better to avoid him like the plague

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiEH...&index=24&t=0s

JCCjr ducked him.
        Chris Eubanks Jr killed the fight with diva antics during negotiations because he didn't really want the fight.
        Billy Joe Saunders wanted nothing to do with him until he got older. Once said GGG would destroy himself and Eubanks Jr in the same night. Around the 35 second mark in the video. But to his credit he did sign a deal to fight GGG if the Canelo rematch fell through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJuw...&index=23&t=0s

Canelo dragged his feet and ran back to 154 rather than fight GGG for the middleweight title he won from Cotto.
        Felix Sturm ducked him.
        Erislandy Lara was content to talk crap while fighting even weaker opposition than GGG was facing in a lower weight class.

The only person I think genuinely had an interest in fighting GGG during his rise was Andre Ward . But he was really inactive do to promotional problems. When he was active GGG preferred to try and enforce his mandatory for Canelo/Cotto which is a decision everyone would make in that position. When Canelo dumped the belt Ward already moved up to 175 permanently. Oh and Andy Lee was signed to fight GGG if memory serves correctly. I think GGG's dad died sometime before the event which killed the fight.
        Last edited by yankees7448; 11-10-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

froch was retired...so a guy didnt want to come out of retirement?

chavez didnt duck him....arum was trying to resign him to an extension....if he signed the extension he was going to pay chavez 10 mil to fight golovkin...if he didnt he would only pay him 7.....chavez wasnt down with it....that was the beef that killed that fight

its funny though that when guys like cotto and martinez take fights with each other that make money and do well its considered them ducking golovkin....but if golovkin does something that makes smart financial sense(ie ducking ward to wait another 1.8 years to finally fight canelo) its considered smart.....martinez fought cotto because it would be an easier fight worth more money....when cotto got the belt he decided canelo fight would be easier fight for more money......and they were both right....in that the opponents they chose were the better financial decision

if guys like that do something like they are "duckers"...but if someone you like does it becomes "smart and the obvious choice"......why would martinez fight the lesser known golovkin when a big cotto matchup in nyc is there....why would cotto fight the lesser known golovkin when a big payday with canelo is there?

Comment

Haters are too dumb to realize a 36 year old Golovkin is the diva's best win.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              froch was retired...so a guy didnt want to come out of retirement?
              I guess you're too much of a GGG hater to click a video link and thus unable to listen to the words as they came directly out of Froch's mouth as he sat in front of George Groves while they were promoting their fight.

chavez didnt duck him....arum was trying to resign him to an extension....if he signed the extension he was going to pay chavez 10 mil to fight golovkin...if he didnt he would only pay him 7.....chavez wasnt down with it....that was the beef that killed that fight
              I will look this up to confirm its true but considering the source I have my doubts.
              its funny though that when guys like cotto and martinez take fights with each other that make money and do well its considered them ducking golovkin....
              WTF are you even talking about dude. I openly said Sergio Martinez was having knee problems when GGG was rising up and that I wasn't holding his avoiding GGG against him.*edited out excessively jerky comments*

Secondly, Cotto ducked GGG after the Martinez fight. *edited out excessively jerky comments* I don't have a problem with him jumping up to 160 to fight Martinez for a belt. I do have a problem with him pulling that who has he fought and I am not a real middleweight nonsense.
              Last edited by yankees7448; 11-10-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                are you going to tell me youve never seen the same guys, that trash kov as an opponent for canelo and claim losses to ward, turn around and say kov was robbed in kov/ward threads and not give ward any credit?
                Not really because I don't care enough to pay attention. If I went through and responded to all the ******ity in these forums I would never stop typing. I pick and choose which arguments I get into. Like...I know there is some controversy about that fight between the two youtube guys. I don't care. I am not even bothering with it.

of course im biased...im biased towards what i see as the truth
                youre out here pretending like you dont know what im talking about...like youve never seen ward/kov threads around here....i guess you turn a blind eye then huh?
                Yea. I genuinely don't really care about those things. I like Ward and Kovalev but not enough to really get all worked about what happened in those fights one way or another. Besides, that stuff happened a while ago. Anyone still worked up about that nonsense is not someone worth dealing with.

Comment

Who cares? GGG is not gonna go down as a HOF’er or ATG, and he’s not known to fight the toughest challenges. Some people have too high expectations from him. If you know GGG then you know this is in line with his usual opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Who cares? GGG is not gonna go down as a HOF’er or ATG, and he’s not known to fight the toughest challenges. Some people have too high expectations from him. If you know GGG then you know this is in line with his usual opponents.
                    He's definately going into the hall of fame.

Comment

If Golovkin fights Derev again or either Charlo and Andrade and gets past them then UNIFICATIONS ***** MANDATORIES.

The Canelo fight could happen and this Kamil Szereta can wait.

But noooooo....Golovkin decides to jump directly to the easiest cherry he can get like usual. Never mind that DAZN is overpaying him in order to attract new subscribers. He doesn't care about them or about his responsibilities to his broadcast partner.
                      UNIFICATIONS ***** MANDATORIES.

Golovkin was already stripped of his title by the IBF when he did not fight his manditory and opted to fight Vsnes. The circumstances were unusual because Canelo failed his drug test and Golovkin didn't want to fight Derev on short notice. Seeing how dangerous Derev turned out to be it was the best strategic decision. It's simply better to get his manditory out of the way now and have one less headache to deal with if there is a serious attempt at making a third fight. One expensive headache would be paying the manditory a step aside fee.

Comment

Working...
                      X