Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Probably 'Very Difficult' To Return To Middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
    You just hate with seething anger how Canelo is ranking as an ATG and pfp#1. I get it. I know it’s a bitter pill to swallow when you bet for him to lose every fight and he wins in impressive fashion
    I don't bet for him to lose at all. I just want him to unify a division rather than continuously look for the oldest and or weakest available champion in another division.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
      All the bigger fights are at 168 and 175. I can't think of anyone at 160 that I'd want to see him fight or that he would want to fight.
      So you want him to continue to duck slick, black, undefeated fighters huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Why don’t Charlo and Andrade fight??? Didn’t Jacobs punk Charlo???

I wish ppl like you weren’t such hypocrites!!!

You admit Charlo and Andrade been same division forever and keep moving up but won’t fight each other??? Why don’t you call that ducking????
        There is no hypocrisy here.

Charlo is ducking Andrade, Jacobs, and Derevyanchenko.

GGG is ducked Charlo and is currently ducking Andrade.

Saunders ducked Andrade.

Andrade isn't ducking anyone currently, but the first thing he did when he moved up was to duck Derevyanchenko, and ducked Charlo 160's brother two times and Lara three times before.

Canelo has shamelessly ducked Charlo at Middleweight and ducked him at junior Middleweight too, same thing he did with Andrade.

See, no hypocrisy, everyone is guilty, except for Jacobs and Derevyanchenko. Those guys will fight anyone.

Comment

Jacobs was a lesser fight then Charlo??? You saying Charlo beats Jacobs???
          Charlo beats and probably KOs Jacobs if they fight, but he is too much of a pussie to fight Jacobs.

Charlo's problem isn't ability or skill, his problem is in his mindset. Guy is a pussie.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            I don't bet for him to lose at all. I just want him to unify a division rather than continuously look for the oldest and or weakest available champion in another division.
            I genuinely hope you read my post & give me an honest response to the pts I make,esp. Crawford/Loma & that no boxer can even compare to what Nelos doing, you can't honestly have ever believed nelo would fight still champ Kovalev at 175 ever?

You can't see that he basically unified middleweight except for 1 single meaningless belt,& unlike Crawford & Loma & especially ggg Nelo didn't get gifted vacant belts or beat unheralded no names for the belts,he beat Jacobs in his absolute top moment & prime as well as being the top middleweight besides ggg (ggg was on a self appointed 9 mo sabbatical & never contested gbp claims he wanted no parts of a cinco de mayo fight instead of Jacobs) & nelo beat ggg & Cotto which is why he was already technically lineal mw 3x over because he fought lineal cotto then ggg for what would be lineal all over because its #1 vs #2.(gggs never been Lineal & refused cw for cotto)

And when Canelo faced Ibf champ Jacobs he again faced the top mw which again would've meant he was the lineal. He held all except wbo Andrade has. Compare that to Crawford who won his belts off the likes of Indongo & Postol(decent wins but do you honestly think they are the gggs & Jacobs of 140?),& Crawford immediately vacated his belts to face who? Jeff the hornet Horn who has Crawford faced since then? Nobodies & completely overmatched cherries like Khan.

Loma has decent wins over mostly unknown walters who wasn't p4p & didn't have any big win other than a badly overmatched & fading Donaire & had just drawn with C level Sosa & since he faced Loma he hasn't fought again. Thats still lomas best win along with Linares & Campbell imho. Who would you say linares & Campbell equate to on nelos resume? Imho they equate to Trout & cotto(difficulty wise because skillwise I think Trout/Cotto were at the time much better) neither of which are nelos best wins. Linares is a known glassjaw as much as khan. And Russell jr was just too small for Loma(honestly how can anyone see differently)& loma publicly plans on moving down in weight before fighting Haney(duck by definition)
            Last edited by kushking; 11-04-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Probably a smart decision. yoyoing between weight divisions is never a smart idea. He doesn't have too many big fights at 160, and if any of the top dogs at 160 want him, they can come up to 168.

I have a feeling we'll see him against Benavidez sometime in next 12 months, and that's a fight that I'd love to see. Benavidez vs. Canelo would truly be "chasing greatness".
              You know, I think Canelo is ducking Charlo, BUT, at the same time, I keep asking myself just how much Charlo actually deserves that Canelo pay day.

What I'm saying is, Jacobs punked Charlo and consistently called him out after that encounter, and Charlo went into witness protection programme. Then Canelo fought that same Jacons instead, the Jacobs that Charlo was terrified of.

Recently there was a YouTube interview where Charlo was asked about the fact Benevides called him out. Charlo didn't want to hear none of that, and acted as if Benevides doesn't deserve a shot at him (smh).

So what happened if Canelo goes down and fights Benevides, same Benevides Charlo is ducking?

Can anyone really advocate for Charlo at that point with a straight face when this guy clearly refuses to fight anyone with a pulse? Need I mention he recently also said that Andrade is a nobody who don't deserve a fight with him?

He uses these diva excuses to duck tough challenges but we are supposed to rally behind him against Canelo?

Granted Canelo is guilty of the same, but at the same time, Canelo is fighting WAY better comp while Charlo is content to fight a bunch of nobodies and make diva excuses not to fight strong competition or just plain run into witness protection when a fighter directly confronts him and repeatedly calls him out.

At this point, his little brother at 154 is more deserving of a Canelo payday, at least Mell doesn't duck no one and don't shy away from any confrontation. Hurd stopped Trout for the first time in his career and beat Lara and dropped him, what did Mell do, he went straight into the ring and said, let's go.

Doubt this punk Mall would ever have the guts to do that. He aint got no confidence whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                So you want him to continue to duck slick, black, undefeated fighters huh?
                Dude he already fought the best black fighter.. Danny Jacob's. Jacobs would destroy Charlo and Andrade.

GGG, Jacobs, Derevy, and Canelo are all in a different class and are also super close to each other.

Everyone just wants Canelo because he offers the most money for nearly the same risk.
                Last edited by ReggieKray; 11-04-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Why don’t Charlo and Andrade fight??? Didn’t Jacobs punk Charlo???

I wish ppl like you weren’t such hypocrites!!!

You admit Charlo and Andrade been same division forever and keep moving up but won’t fight each other??? Why don’t you call that ducking????
                  Because it doesn't fit his Putorican narrative, that would deviate from the narrative that is only the MEXICAN Canelo who "ducks" but he conveniently lives that part out, where Neither Charlo, Andrade nor Billy Juice Saunders fight boxers that represent any remote danger to their "0". They have been avoiding each other since 154 and also avoided the main man at 154 in Lara, and will continue to wait on Canelo while doing nothing to entice Canelo let alone the public.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
                    Dude he already fought the best black fighter.. Danny Jacob's. Jacobs would destroy Charlo and Andrade.

GGG, Jacobs, Derevy, and Canelo are all in a different class and are also super close to each other.

Everyone just wants Canelo because he offers the most money for nearly the same risk.
                    Who has Jacobs ever beat for you to say he would destroy Charlo and Andrade?

Lol, Jacobs ain't in no league of his own. Also, Andrade and Jacobs have a common oppponent at 160 and Andrade did WAY better than Jacobs.

Comment

Of course.... unless GB finds someone else to pay off to lay down to the cash cow

Comment

Working...
                      X