Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn’t Awkward that Golovkin insists at 160? Seriously this is a joke...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Anyone from 154-168 = When the opportunity presented itself he ducked.

All the belts is my dream = Lost a belt by ducking a challenger to fight an easy opponent.

Ridiculed Canelo for fighting a WW = Then fought a WW himself but at the full 160 limit.

Went on and on about Mexican style etc to pander to Mexicans = Drops it and never mentions it anymore after Canelo out mexican'd him.

The guy is a fake fraud and deserves all the hate, as i said.
    Setting aside Ward for a moment, because they cleared did try to fight him. First Ward said no some time around 2012/2013, then he wanted 50/50 deal a year in advance and all that ridiculousness. But other than him, please tell me all these fighters from 154 - 168 who he ducked? And please don't bring up Vanes because then we'll have to go in to that context.

The belt thing is a somewhat fair criticism although that was after he already lost the belts and was no longer as motivated by them.

Yea he ridiculed Canelo because absolutely no one one was ducking Canelo. He could've fought Andrade, Charlo's or Jrock at the time but insisted on reaching all the way down to fight to the chinniest fighter to ever exist. At WW, Errol Spence was willing to fight Canelo but he ducked him for Khan. That's just pathetic. Meanwhile GGG was in negotiations for months, I believe with Jacobs at the time and that fight fell through because Jacobs ducked. Since he was working with Hearn, Brook was an easy switch and large payday too. Please tell me all these fighters who ducked Canelo forcing him to fight Khan and how Khan was the only payday left after those fighters ducked him?

Your argument about Mexican style is silly. It's called promoting and attempting to get a payday. Canelo barely won the 2nd fight but even still, most fans do not care about trash talk to promote a fight as long as it doesn't get too personal or out of bounds. Once again, you only care about this with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
      Why is he doing this to his resume?
      There's no shame in cherrypicking low risk, vulnerable opponents throughout the sport of boxing. They come a dime a dozen. As a matter of fact, there is enough of them to go around in each weight division.

Let Canelo fight Artur Beterbiev next. However, we all know that he won't because he fears he will get his asswhooped! Everyone knows that Beterbiev is the cream of the crop of the Light heavyweight division; Which is why Canelo will duck him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
        Golovkin is just a coward. He achieved nothing in his career, just fought trash cans, and yet, his racist fans hyped up everything he did. I remember how they hyped the Daniel Geale and Martin Murray wins as evidence of his greatness... Whenever Golovkin met above-average opponents, he was exposed. He was wise to hide at 160 lb. If he went up to 168 lb, he would risk getting beat by Groves or some other embarassing stuff...
        So when Canelo beat up Khan, Angulo or Chavez, his fans didn't hype him up?

And when Canelo fought Lara, Mayweather or Golovkin he didn't get exposed?

Actually he attempted to move up to fight the guy who beat Groves, Carl Froch and Froch said no. So your arguments are pretty bad and clearly you're just hating on Golovkin due to some perceived racial bias.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          The fraud actually managed to get a draw vs some one yall calling this evening P4p king and this being past it.

Not that bad
          i agree 3g is no great or elite but he is a solid titlist at mw.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_Keeper View Post
            So when Canelo beat up Khan, Angulo or Chavez, his fans didn't hype him up?

And when Canelo fought Lara, Mayweather or Golovkin he didn't get exposed?

Actually he attempted to move up to fight the guy who beat Groves, Carl Froch and Froch said no. So your arguments are pretty bad and clearly you're just hating on Golovkin due to some perceived racial bias.
            he hasnt attempted to fight anyone form another division.

but i agree that he is no coward, simply a good titlist at mw.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              There's no shame in cherrypicking low risk, vulnerable opponents throughout the sport of boxing. They come a dime a dozen. As a matter of fact, there is enough of them to go around in each weight division.

Let Canelo fight Artur Beterbiev next. However, we all know that he won't because he fears he will get his asswhooped! Everyone knows that Beterbiev is the cream of the crop of the Light heavyweight division; Which is why Canelo will duck him.
              this "why canelo will duck him" argument is getting a bit thin now, dont you think?

Comment

canelo just stepped up big time.. ggg needs to do something big.. real big... he kinda looks like a two dollar hoe..

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  i agree 3g is no great or elite but he is a solid titlist at mw.
                  He's obviously Elite.

Elite means the top of the sport, dude has been navigating for 10 years in the top 5 of the middleweight division.

As far as I'm concerned, I thought he lost to Nelo in the rematch and to Derev (mainly because he's a past it 37 years old physical fighter) but I thought he beat Nelo in the first and Jacobs.

So as far as I'm concerned again, you don't beat guys like Jacobs or Canelo if you are a simple solid titilist.

Dude is a problem, Nelo popped for beef carne before the rematching him GGG for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    He's obviously Elite.

Elite means the top of the sport, dude has been navigating for 10 years in the top 5 of the middleweight division.

As far as I'm concerned, I thought he lost to Nelo in the rematch and to Derev (mainly because he's a past it 37 years old physical fighter) but I thought he beat Nelo in the first and Jacobs.

So as far as I'm concerned again, you don't beat guys like Jacobs or Canelo if you are a simple solid titilist.

Dude is a problem, Nelo popped for beef carne before the rematching him GGG for a reason.
                    na he reached top when he beat lemmy, not before. And then beat one single top contender Jacobs in that reign. That is not elite...that is what titlists do usually., its why they are titlists!

u dont reach top by being given titles. but apparently doing 4 divisions of titles isnt elite to you.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-03-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Beterbeast beat Kovalev twice in Russian ams, and Kova can probably thank god that he never met Arthur in the pros.

It's safe to say that BeterB would have ended this version of Kovalev in less than 6 rounds, I believe BeterB could knock this Kova out with a simple fart lol

BeterB vs Nelo...
                      Well, the closest opponents in Nelo's records to BeterB style is GGG IMO.
                      They have very similar approach of the sport and boxing education.
                      Nelo could not seperate himself from an over the hill GGG over 24 rounds. That is what the whole world saw except in Mexico and LDBC land maybe...

BeterB is kinda like (kinda) a bigger, stronger, fresher version of GGG, I believe he would smile at Nelo's best punches and wreck him.

I would be very surprised if Nelo fought him.
                      And TBH, Nelo doesn't have to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                      X