Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn’t Awkward that Golovkin insists at 160? Seriously this is a joke...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    He deserves all the hate he gets. They hyped him to be an unstoppable beast that could beat anyone in 3 divisions. He then turned down a fight against a P4P fighter at 168, arguably lost the 3 best fighters he's fought. Admitted all the Mexican style talk was BS and got beat at his own style after begging Canelo to fight that way. He's just turned out to be one massive hype job, as people like me said all along.
    Please tell me which charismatic fighters don't have a following saying they can beat everyone when undefeated? I heard the same thing about Broner and Thurman but you didn't care then for some reason.

Also please tell me all these fighters who moved up to fight a P4P fighter at the time and weren't delusional? Only two people i know who did that were Kell Brook and Mikey Garcia and it was a terrible decision.

Arguably lost is a silly standard because I can say the thing about Canelo when he stepped up in multiple fights. And isn't it silly to call him a hype job but then say he's the best win on the P4P guys resume. And last he's hype job for almost losing fight at 37? You've been obsessed with GG for years. Just let it go already

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_Keeper View Post
      Please tell me which charismatic fighters don't have a following saying they can beat everyone when undefeated? I heard the same thing about Broner and Thurman but you didn't care then for some reason.

Also please tell me all these fighters who moved up to fight a P4P fighter at the time and weren't delusional? Only two people i know who did that were Kell Brook and Mikey Garcia and it was a terrible decision.

Arguably lost is a silly standard because I can say the thing about Canelo when he stepped up in multiple fights. And isn't it silly to call him a hype job but then say he's the best win on the P4P guys resume. And last he's hype job for almost losing fight at 37? You've been obsessed with GG for years. Just let it go already
      Why you blaming it all on the fans. He and his team were saying the same damn things. The guy is a fraud that camped at 160 fighting bums waiting for a pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        It's possible but counterbalanced by him giving up size in the ring. Like I say if the dude's now struggling with top 5 guys at MW I'm not seeing why anyone would think he'd do better against a top SMW and what's the point in moving up to fight a second tier dude?

It's not that I got any objections to him moving up, I just find it hard to see him having any great success... dude's winding down his career and clearly well past his best at this point. He ain't gonna turn in another performance like Canelo I again though I'm sure he could still be competitive against most other MWs for another coupla years.
        But surely Golovkin would have been able to beat Rocky Fielding, no? He would be able to beat guys on that level even if he's on the decline.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
          Isn't it awkward how a 154 fighter went to 175 after being caught using drugs? Since then he just couldn't keep his weight down below 160... It's so weird. But Canelo is a small fighter, after all. Never did drugs. Just the only Mexican using Clenbuterol in 5 years.

He's a cheat.
          My guess is GGG will turn to PEDS just like Marquez did. Marquez desperately wanted to extend his career and beat Paq and the only way to achieve both at his age was PEDS. GGG is at the same crossroads and he will probably hire Memo anytime now.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Why you blaming it all on the fans. He and his team were saying the same damn things. The guy is a fraud that camped at 160 fighting bums waiting for a pay day.
            The only thing they ever said that you even kind of make an argument that they backtracked from was fighting Ward at 168. But even then, they demonstrated they were willing to fight but Ward acted like he was A side, just like he did with Kovalev which is also how Kov got screwed in purse for their 2nd fight, and negotiations feel apart.

After that he pretty much wanted Canelo, like every other fighter, which turned out to be the best monetary decision of his career. Not only for making millions in both fights but also for his multi-million dollar deal with DAZN. Are you saying he shouldn't have done that? And when basically all other fights except Ward said no to him, he should have some how forced them to fight him? And since he didn't successfully force them, then he should be criticized and compared to other fighters who themselves were considered paydays and required no such coercion to fight fighters in other divisions? Does the comparison seem objectively fair to you? Or like subjective hating?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_Keeper View Post
              The only thing they ever said that you even kind of make an argument that they backtracked from was fighting Ward at 168. But even then, they demonstrated they were willing to fight but Ward acted like he was A side, just like he did with Kovalev which is also how Kov got screwed in purse for their 2nd fight, and negotiations feel apart.

After that he pretty much wanted Canelo, like every other fighter, which turned out to be the best monetary decision of his career. Not only for making millions in both fights but also for his multi-million dollar deal with DAZN. Are you saying he shouldn't have done that? And when basically all other fights except Ward said no to him, he should have some how forced them to fight him? And since he didn't successfully force them, then he should be criticized and compared to other fighters who themselves were considered paydays and required no such coercion to fight fighters in other divisions? Does the comparison seem objectively fair to you? Or like subjective hating?
              Anyone from 154-168 = When the opportunity presented itself he ducked.

All the belts is my dream = Lost a belt by ducking a challenger to fight an easy opponent.

Ridiculed Canelo for fighting a WW = Then fought a WW himself but at the full 160 limit.

Went on and on about Mexican style etc to pander to Mexicans = Drops it and never mentions it anymore after Canelo out mexican'd him.

The guy is a fake fraud and deserves all the hate, as i said.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                The reasons aint about what GGGs done as a fighter... he's had a good career, decent success, surely nothing to warrant the kind of criticism he receives. People don't make literally hundreds of threads vilifying other fighters who felt short of demonstrating their true potential or they think are nothing special.

The problems came with a few folk using him to taunt other fans by claiming he was better than their favourites (or great fighters from previous eras) - or more specifically calling Floyd cowardly then comparing Golovkin's 'bravery' favorably against Floyds and maybe some other fighters too. That's why this specific language and these specific types of thread are made about him. Somewhere along the line it also got entangled with US race issues in some twisty minds, with Golovkin somehow being identified as a champion of white racists and the white racist HBO.

Dude just became the guy some folk loved to hate, though - except for a few real nutcases who are in too deep - mostly the 'hate' is really about forum politics and fanbase rivalries than anything GGG himself has done or not. Dudes just wanting to say 'I told ya so'. Y'know, schoolyard schit.
                Exactly I agree. I don't care about race at all and I recognize general fandom or hate for a fighter based personality. There's absolutely no way anyone can say the hate GGG gets is from personality. It is clear the majority of it is racially based to a point not unlike far right or alt right extremist groups. They even debate just like them, no substantive arguments and all memorized talking points with no context.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                  At the moment 168 is a weaker division than 160.
                  Ummm. Not particularly I'd say and there's some big boys in there too.

Taking Canelo out of 160 for these purposes per TBRB we got (though I ain't fully in agreement)

Mundo
                  Benavidez
                  Zurdo
                  Eubank
                  Plant

Gennady Golovkin
                  Daniel Jacobs
                  Sergiy Derevyanchenko
                  Demetrius Andrade
                  Jermall Charlo

But of course all that ish is subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                    But surely Golovkin would have been able to beat Rocky Fielding, no? He would be able to beat guys on that level even if he's on the decline.
                    I nearly used Fielding as an example of the kind of level of fighter he would beat but replaced it deliberately with the more general 'second tier dude' cos I know the way people work around here and it would have simply lead on to a lengthy and pointless round of comparisons between GGGs and Canelo's resumes. I was trying to avoid that kinda diversion.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-03-2019, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Golovkin is just a coward. He achieved nothing in his career, just fought trash cans, and yet, his racist fans hyped up everything he did. I remember how they hyped the Daniel Geale and Martin Murray wins as evidence of his greatness... Whenever Golovkin met above-average opponents, he was exposed. He was wise to hide at 160 lb. If he went up to 168 lb, he would risk getting beat by Groves or some other embarassing stuff...

Comment

Working...
                      X