Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson To Gonzalez Family: Please Talk To Your Daughter, Sister

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But yeah keep this **** off media I don't know why these youngsters like Teofimo, Ryan Garcia and Shakur air their buisness like that

Keep some **** private

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

Those probably only ok pics in her entire life

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        I'm from the UK, and whilst we got racism here, both institutional and extremist (though thankfully not so much of that these days) it just doesn't seem to permeate every part of the national psyche in the same way it does in the US... at least the way it appears to an outsider. Either way, I stand on the idea that US racism as in stands in the 21st ain't just some organic fixture that's evolved as a result of natural pressures and history, but something that's deliberately been fanned and nurtured by forces looking to both divide and control people of all skin tones and backgrounds, even if many white folk are complicit either actively or passively through ignorance or self interest.
        I’m also from GM, I know your are and I know the accent. I still have a place and property there. The older members of my family still call Prestwich and higher broughton home.
        I will say this, the difference in racism between the uk and the USA is clearly historical. England never really had a dedicated legal approach to installing institutional racism, it was more due to the class system that exists back home. That being the case, you have certain cultural aspects of the USA ....we don’t have historical black college/universities in the UK, we never really had a blackening of the military like in the USA, we never had a significant black presence in entertainment in the uk like the USA had, so many artistic movements in American arts were by blacks....ragtime, jazz, rythym and blues, rock and roll, funk, hip hop.....That combined with the fact that because they were excluded from regular life and pushed to 2nd class citizenship they had to do much on their own, hence the historical black colleges, churches, even sports teams prior to the reintegration of baseball. In the uk, there really isn’t a sense of the blacks having a common experience...we are that even the Jamaicans and other Caribbeans don’t exactly mesh well with the nigerians, the Ugandans, the Ghanaians etc any more than the polish, Irish, and Romanian immigrants to the uk feel the same as each other. In the USA almost all the blacks have a common history, culture, origin, and experience. This is intersting stuff to look at. My undergrad degree was actually in African American history. It’s the group I’ve felt the most comfortable around when I got here particularly in the Army. The wife and I spend most of our social time around black Americans, we are happiest around black jews at the temple, etc etc. Had I it over again I’d be teaching sociology or black history in a university.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          What can he do? when his GF parents dont want her dating a Black guy, Mexicans are hardcore against their daughters dating black guys. They will disown you if you date a black or chinese.
          This.

Way back when, one of my best friends was a Mexican girl. She wanted to date me, I wanted to date her. But she would never speak up about it and I didn't push her. She would always want to hang with me, walk home with me, etc.

Her sister, also my friend, was the one that told me the situation - because their dad would only accept them dating and marrying Mexican. He didn't even have an issue with me, he was just about that "puro".

It's real. Sad, but real.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            This.

Way back when, one of my best friends was a Mexican girl. She wanted to date me, I wanted to date her. But she would never speak up about it and I didn't push her. She would always want to hang with me, walk home with me, etc.

Her sister, also my friend, was the one that told me the situation - because their dad would only accept them dating and marrying Mexican. He didn't even have an issue with me, he was just about that "puro".

It's real. Sad, but real.

The truth is white people are the least racist of them all.

Comment

I love how Shakur Stevenson is on video beating a woman and we’re all pretending like him dating this guy’s sister is a race issue.

This is an issue with him being a POS.

If a woman beater dated my sister, I wouldn’t complain about it, I would kill him.

Comment

The whole family BS Buildup for this fight made me completely lose interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  I’m also from GM, I know your are and I know the accent. I still have a place and property there. The older members of my family still call Prestwich and higher broughton home.
                  I will say this, the difference in racism between the uk and the USA is clearly historical. England never really had a dedicated legal approach to installing institutional racism, it was more due to the class system that exists back home. That being the case, you have certain cultural aspects of the USA ....we don’t have historical black college/universities in the UK, we never really had a blackening of the military like in the USA, we never had a significant black presence in entertainment in the uk like the USA had, so many artistic movements in American arts were by blacks....ragtime, jazz, rythym and blues, rock and roll, funk, hip hop.....That combined with the fact that because they were excluded from regular life and pushed to 2nd class citizenship they had to do much on their own, hence the historical black colleges, churches, even sports teams prior to the reintegration of baseball. In the uk, there really isn’t a sense of the blacks having a common experience...we are that even the Jamaicans and other Caribbeans don’t exactly mesh well with the nigerians, the Ugandans, the Ghanaians etc any more than the polish, Irish, and Romanian immigrants to the uk feel the same as each other. In the USA almost all the blacks have a common history, culture, origin, and experience. This is intersting stuff to look at. My undergrad degree was actually in African American history. It’s the group I’ve felt the most comfortable around when I got here particularly in the Army. The wife and I spend most of our social time around black Americans, we are happiest around black jews at the temple, etc etc. Had I it over again I’d be teaching sociology or black history in a university.
                  Good to hear, man, sounds like you made a decent life for yourself over the pond. Knew a few Jewish lads from the Prestwich and Broughton areas from my school days - scholarship kid at Manchester Grammar back in the 80s, though I'm originally a country boy from right on the edge of the Peaks. Nice to have some insight though and I hear what you're saying about the the common heritage of Black Americans and how it differs from that of UK blacks, mostly the dudes I've known have been Caribbean heritage, I lived down in Moss Side, Hulme way a good few years... dunno when you left but I'd imagine you knew of the Crescents? Damn place was just a free for all back in the late 80s early 90s before the bulldozers went in... real vibrant time and about as cross cultural as you'd see anywhere.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-27-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    We do? We have? Speak for yourself, mfer. Is this like an American thing or something? You American?

I ain't from the US so perhaps my words are out of place, but I'd say there's power cliques who manipulate and deliberately exacerbate racial tension, but the aim is just as much about keeping white folks uneasy and insecure so they vote the right way as it is about oppressing the various minorities.

We're all being fucked with and manipulated one way or another, but the racial history of the US makes that method of control a particularly potent tool there I think.
                    Well said Koba
                    They are always trying to control us , or just watch us or even fughin guide us to what they want
                    What blows my mind is how people react and follow without realizing they are being pushed into that direction

Wish more people were like me ; I just hate everybody equally
                    This way people got chit to say besides maybe calling me an azzhole

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      But yeah keep this **** off media I don't know why these youngsters like Teofimo, Ryan Garcia and Shakur air their buisness like that

Keep some **** private
                      I was thinking the same chit

Why the Fugh are these guys airing out their dirty fughin laundry in public
                      And I don’t believe that this particular case was to sell the fight ( give it a selling angle )
                      I believe it got leaked and then they just ran with it

Comment

Working...
                      X