No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Not Fair For Canelo To Fight Guy As Big As Beterbiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
    There is nothing kkkkkrazy about Canelo’s moves, they are all carefully selected and executed at the right time... Just stop...
    Did you feel the same about how Floyd selected opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      I win nothing... I only check...
      Though as you know, the Ams is a different beast. When I moved up from LHW to HW, I wasn't weighing in at 199. I was weighing in at like...184. I had to work my ass off to get up to 199. LHW to HW (CW) is a BIG JUMP! lol

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Though as you know, the Ams is a different beast. When I moved up from LHW to HW, I wasn't weighing in at 199. I was weighing in at like...184. I had to work my ass off to get up to 199. LHW to HW (CW) is a BIG JUMP! lol
        I see, of course I see...

Comment

Kovalev will be close to 180 when he fights Canelo. Yes, he has been heavier in the past but it did not serve him well.

I do not know what Beterbiev weighs in the ring but he certainly looks like he has a heavier build than the lanky Kovalev. 190 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Kovalev will be close to 180 when he fights Canelo. Yes, he has been heavier in the past but it did not serve him well.

I do not know what Beterbiev weighs in the ring but he certainly looks like he has a heavier build than the lanky Kovalev. 190 maybe?
            He's been the IBF champ for two years, so the fight against Gvozdyk would be the first time he was even ALLOWED to weigh above 185 on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              Did you feel the same about how Floyd selected opponents?
              I feel that way about how Canelo picks his opponents, I also felt that way about how Floyd chose, and Manny. Basically, once you become that A guy in the sport, the rules no longer apply to you.

And I hate that regardless of who the fighter is.

Comment

He's been the IBF champ for two years, so the fight against Gvozdyk would be the first time he was even ALLOWED to weigh above 185 on fight night.
                isn't that a morning weight?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  isn't that a morning weight?
                  **** if I know, I'm not IBF champ

but even if it's after breakfast like I think they've mentioned, trust me...you don't want to be rehydrating too close to fight night.

Comment

**** if I know, I'm not IBF champ

but even if it's after breakfast like I think they've mentioned, trust me...you don't want to be rehydrating too close to fight night.
                    Sorry, I don't mean to beat this into the ground but the difference between 185 and 189 is just a couple of quarts of Gatorade, which if you are dehydrated isn't hard to put down.

Comment

Alvares VS Beterbiev will be a monster fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X