Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo humiliated Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alvarez should get down on his knees and thank the Universe that Golovkin's alive. Up to this point in his career being CW King and the GGG fights are the only thing the diva will be remembered for.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
      Who the **** did Golovkin ever beat to compare him to Kovalev? Kovalev is much better.
      You ain't talking about resumes you're talking about whose better. Stop changing the subject and admit you're wrong. Talking all this nonsense about Canelo daring to be great by ducking Demetrious Andrade, Sergei Derevychenko, Jermall Charlo, David Benevidez, Caleb Plant, Callum Smith, Gilberto Ramirez, Dimitri Bivol etc. to fight Rocky Felding and a guy who lost 3 of his last 7 included two by KO.

All these talented fighters from 160 to 175 and Canelo is going out of his way to fight the oldest and weakest of them all. Kovalev has nothing more than a punchers chance against Canelo. He's hits harder than GGG and he's bigger but he's slower, has worse technique, takes body shots worse and has a worse gas tank. Kovalev is a bully without the intimidation factor. Canelo is going to carve his arse up.

Comment

this thread is 100% correct...

1) everything that casual-fans insisted Canelo would never do... he did
        2) nothing that casual-fans insisted Golovkin would do... happened

conclusion:
        Canelo is everything that casual-fans thought Golovkin would be

Max was right...

hilarious !!

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
          You ain't talking about resumes you're talking about whose better. Stop changing the subject and admit you're wrong. Talking all this nonsense about Canelo daring to be great by ducking Demetrious Andrade, Sergei Derevychenko, Jermall Charlo, David Benevidez, Caleb Plant, Callum Smith, Gilberto Ramirez, Dimitri Bivol etc. to fight Rocky Felding and a guy who lost 3 of his last 7 included two by KO.

All these talented fighters from 160 to 175 and Canelo is going out of his way to fight the oldest and weakest of them all. Kovalev has nothing more than a punchers chance against Canelo. He's hits harder than GGG and he's bigger but he's slower, has worse technique, takes body shots worse and has a worse gas tank. Kovalev is a bully without the intimidation factor. Canelo is going to carve his arse up.
          What makes you think Golovkin is better? He got gift decisions against both Derevyachenko and Jacobs, two fighters who are nothing special, and he has beat no one of note. He was also lucky to get a gift draw against Canelo in their first fight. As far as I'm concerned, Golovkin's record should be 38-4-0, with his best wins being Martin Murray and Kell Brook...

Kovalev has beaten proven fighters such as Hopkins, Pascal and Alvarez and has received no gift decisions.

As for Canelo ducking all of those names you mentioned, who says he won't fight them later? Nothing indicates so. He has proven himself willing to fight anyone.

Comment

Well I think humiliation is far too strong a word, considering how close the fights were. Canelo did humiliate the GGG crazies who swore blind he would never fight GGG and then added further salt to the wound by fighting GGG at his own style in fight 2. I think you also missed this point and it adds enormously to Canelo's credit - he really did give GGG everything he asked for in fight 2. And ironically, it was GGG who had to move (be-careful what you wish for )

Having said that, GGG is still an incredible fighter and he's accomplished so much. His name doesn't belong in the same sentence as humiliation.

Comment

What makes you think Golovkin is better?

We're talking about whose better. GGG has shown that he doesn't fold under pressure. He might not win decisively (apparently not winning decisively is the same as getting a gift decision to the haters) but he still fights his arse off. Kovalev has no heart and no gas tank.

He got gift decisions against both Derevyachenko and Jacobs two fighters who are nothing special, and he has beat no one of note. As for Canelo ducking all of those names you mentioned, who says he won't fight them later? Nothing indicates so. He has proven himself willing to fight anyone.
              First of all, I don't have DAZN so I won't speak on the Dervy fight. But he did not get a gift decision against Jacobs. GGG outlanded both overall and round by round, dropped him and spent the whole fight moving forward. The fact that Jacobs made the fight so close is a testament to his performance but that was no gift decision.

Secondly, Sergei Kovalev's best win came against Eleider Alvarez. Every other "quality win" came against gatekeepers and old men.

Thirdly, the bolded and enlarged portions of your response shows how full of crap you are. You're spending this entire thread crapping on GGG and his level of opposition while saying there is no evidence that Canelo won't fight any of the guys I mentioned. But when Canelo ran from GGG to go back to 154 it was stacked with young talented guys. Jarrett Hurd, both Charlo brothers, Demetrious Andrade, Tony Harrison, Brian Castano, Julian Williams and Erikson Lubin. Instead of facing any of those guys he fight Amir Khan and Liam Smith.

You're saying Danny Jacobs is nothing special and yet he represents half of Canelo's wins at 160 with the other being against a guy you're spending this entire thread ****ting all over. Yet Jermall Charlo and Demetrious Andrade both followed Canelo to 160, won belts and Canelo still won't fight them. He dropped the belt rather than fight another guy (Sergei Derevychenko) who you don't feel is anything special. Why is he dropping the belt? So he can fight a guy with 3 losses (2 by KO) in his last 7 fights while avoiding Caleb Plant, David Benevidez, Callum Smith, Billy Joe Saunders, Dimitri Bivol, Arthur Beterbev and Oleksandr Gvozdyk.

Outside of Erislandy Lara Canelo has never fought an elite level opponent in their prime. He won a close decision in that fight but refused to grant him a rematch.
              Last edited by yankees7448; 10-15-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

The retroactive history on a fight most boxing people had 2-0 GGG that was officially 1-0-1 Canelo into a 2-0 Canelo highlight reel level series makes zero mfing sense to me.

I can only assume too many mfers dksab or dont think anyone is paying attention to anything that happens or anything they say.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                  We're talking about whose better. GGG has shown that he doesn't fold under pressure. He might not win decisively (apparently not winning decisively is the same as getting a gift decision to the haters) but he still fights his arse off. Kovalev has no heart and no gas tank.

First of all, I don't have DAZN so I won't speak on the Dervy fight. But he did not get a gift decision against Jacobs. GGG outlanded both overall and round by round, dropped him and spent the whole fight moving forward. The fact that Jacobs made the fight so close is a testament to his performance but that was no gift decision.

Secondly, Sergei Kovalev's best win came against Eleider Alvarez. Every other "quality win" came against gatekeepers and old men.

Thirdly, the bolded and enlarged portions of your response shows how full of crap you are. You're spending this entire thread crapping on GGG and his level of opposition while saying there is no evidence that Canelo won't fight any of the guys I mentioned. But when Canelo ran from GGG to go back to 154 it was stacked with young talented guys. Jarrett Hurd, both Charlo brothers, Demetrious Andrade, Tony Harrison, Brian Castano, Julian Williams and Erikson Lubin. Instead of facing any of those guys he fight Amir Khan and Liam Smith.

You're saying Danny Jacobs is nothing special and yet he represents half of Canelo's wins at 160 with the other being against a guy you're spending this entire thread ****ting all over. Yet Jermall Charlo and Demetrious Andrade both followed Canelo to 160, won belts and Canelo still won't fight them. He dropped the belt rather than fight another guy (Sergei Derevychenko) who you don't feel is anything special. Why is he dropping the belt? So he can fight a guy with 3 losses (2 by KO) in his last 7 fights while avoiding Caleb Plant, David Benevidez, Callum Smith, Billy Joe Saunders, Dimitri Bivol, Arthur Beterbev and Oleksandr Gvozdyk.

Outside of Erislandy Lara Canelo has never fought an elite level opponent in their prime. He won a close decision in that fight but refused to grant him a rematch.
                  It seems like you suspect me of being some Canelo fanboy, so let me make something clear... I'm not. I admire his quest for greatness, that's all. Even if you think Golovkin P4P is better than Kovalev, which you seem to do, then keep in mind that Kovalev fights at 175, Golovkin at 160. That Canelo is fighting so far out of his usual weight division just makes his will to fight Kovalev even more impressive.

Mayweather won every round against Canelo. Trout and Lara both got robbed against Canelo. Canelo embarassed himself by fighting Amir Khan just as much as Golovkin did by fighting Kell Brook. And Canelo WAS kinda fack'd up with the 155 lb bullshid. TBH, I don't even consider Canelo to be that special of a fighter, but he is certainly better than Golovkin. The difference between them, though, is not just a matter of quality. It's a matter of courage. I mean, come on, Canelo is so young and he has already fought all of these big names and he is still reaching for heights that Golovkin never dared to reach for. Golovkin wasted his entire career sticking around at middleweight, fighting trash opponents and getting gift decisions.
                  Last edited by ShawnTaylor; 10-15-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

It seems like you suspect me of being some Canelo fanboy, so let me make something clear... I'm not.
                    I don't suspect you of being a Canelo fanboy I consider you ignorant and hypocritical.

I admire his quest for greatness, that's all.Even if you think Golovkin P4P is better than Kovalev, which you seem to do, then keep in mind that Kovalev fights at 175, Golovkin at 160. That Canelo is fighting so far out of his usual weight division just makes his will to fight Kovalev even more impressive.
                    admire

Not when it means avoiding a whole list of younger, fresher opponents who haven't been knocked out twice recently.

It's a matter of courage. I mean, come on, Canelo is so young and he has already fought all of these big names and he is still reaching for heights that Golovkin never dared to reach for. Golovkin wasted his entire career sticking around at middleweight, fighting trash opponents and getting gift decisions.
                    There is nothing courageous about ducking quality opponents to fight guys who are past there best. I am ok if Canelo never rematches GGG as long as he starts fighting younger and fresher opponents. Kovalev is not that opponent. I have provided an entire list of suitable opponents. Let's see if Canelo really wants to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
                      Well I think humiliation is far too strong a word, considering how close the fights were. Canelo did humiliate the GGG crazies who swore blind he would never fight GGG and then added further salt to the wound by fighting GGG at his own style in fight 2. I think you also missed this point and it adds enormously to Canelo's credit - he really did give GGG everything he asked for in fight 2. And ironically, it was GGG who had to move (be-careful what you wish for )

Having said that, GGG is still an incredible fighter and he's accomplished so much. His name doesn't belong in the same sentence as humiliation.

that is the funniest point... the point that is still lost on the crazies

especially when he turned Smashkin into Jabkin during the rematch

when the crazies wipe that shlt off their faces, they will find some egg

Comment

Working...
                      X