Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: GGG Must Be Devastating To Apply Pressure For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    may want to take a gander at the press row scorecards for the 2nd fight. Highly doubt that press row would be considered ggg worshipers. Canelo won a controversial decision where he was 1 round away from a majority draw. Stop acting as if it was some dominant performance that cleared up any doubt. 28 yr old Canelo struggled with 36 yr old ggg no matter how you slice it. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...cards.3826867/
    Can I ask you something??? What did you think when GGG ran from the ring crying???? You ever do that and thought you won?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      First fight I give GGG, 2nd to my liking was mostly Canelo. It was close both times. Just saying from friends and associates they all assume the same.
      I was out of town for fight 2 due to the hurricane...streamed it and had a patchy stream live...got the first few rounds pretty clear on the stream...then the last 5 or so too.

Watching it live, I certainly was surprised at how well Nelo fought in the opening rounds...even above how impressed I was with Nelo's solid opening rounds in fight 1.

I just saw GGG still doing a lot of work in those rounds where Nelo had some good moments (including the early rounds), and those made for some close rounds...then I saw GGG similarly have very good rounds himself, where he landed the better shots and landed more shots, for clear rounds for him.

Oh well, all we can do is call it like we see it my friend...Canelo pushed GGG a bit more in fight 1 than I felt he would, and did the same in fight 2, so I respect him, he is a great fighter imo...just didn't see him win those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Can I ask you something??? What did you think when GGG ran from the ring crying???? You ever do that and thought you won?
        Tbh I think he was just giving Canelo his moment...look at how Canelo celebrated after the cards were announced...he was having a damn fiesta man lol.

I don't mind the 'loser' bowing out and giving the winner the stage after the fight...just stick around and answer any questions at the post fight presser, which he did.

What do you really expect a guy to say after that anyway lol...most guys in that situation are of course going to feel like they won.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
          Tbh I think he was just giving Canelo his moment...look at how Canelo celebrated after the cards were announced...he was having a damn fiesta man lol.

I don't mind the 'loser' bowing out and giving the winner the stage after the fight...just stick around and answer any questions at the post fight presser, which he did.

What do you really expect a guy to say after that anyway lol...most guys in that situation are of course going to feel like they won.
          So he's a poor sport?? And you know damn well that's a lie

Comment

Fixed it for you! GGG aka Helen Keller missed over a 1,000 punches???
            Dude you score punches landed and their effectiveness...nothing else matters lol.

Watching those fights again last night I can't see the angle that GGG was really missing any punches wildly, or was really missing any more than Nelo was.

You could argue pretty easily that some punches are used to create space anyway, so in that way the best defense could be a good offense.

If I don't even allow you to throw punches at me, and you avoid more of my punches, who really has better defense? A lot of people would say me...I'm not even letting you throw and try to score, that's how good my defense is.

Can't score anything other than punches landed and their effectiveness my friend

Comment

So he's a poor sport?? And you know damn well that's a lie
              Nah I honestly didn't see it that way...I think the post fight ring interviews are ****** for the loser, always have.

Show class after the fight at the press conference and answer questions that way...but taking silly questions from Max Kellerman 1 minute after the fight is decided, I mean it is just dumb imo.

Comment

Dude you score punches landed and their effectiveness...nothing else matters lol.

Watching those fights again last night I can't see the angle that GGG was really missing any punches wildly, or was really missing any more than Nelo was.

You could argue pretty easily that some punches are used to create space anyway, so in that way the best defense could be a good offense.

If I don't even allow you to throw punches at me, and you avoid more of my punches, who really has better defense? A lot of people would say me...I'm not even letting you throw and try to score, that's how good my defense is.

Can't score anything other than punches landed and their effectiveness my friend
                ???? Defense is an actual scoring criteria. I know a lot of ppl ignore that

Comment

Nah I honestly didn't see it that way...I think the post fight ring interviews are ****** for the loser, always have.

Show class after the fight at the press conference and answer questions that way...but taking silly questions from Max Kellerman 1 minute after the fight is decided, I mean it is just dumb imo.
                  I agree but you should still explain yourself and stuff like that

Comment

???? Defense is an actual scoring criteria. I know a lot of ppl ignore that
                    I just think defense can be subjective...and while it is definitely important, it is mainly important in the sense that you aren't allowing your opponent to land/score if you have good defense.

It is definitely important but I don't think you should actively score it.

I agree but you should still explain yourself and stuff like that
                    True...I think he handled the post fight presser well from what I saw, and I think I saw him say that he wanted to give Canelo that moment...that is probably a little BS, he probably wanted to get away too...but waiting around like that is like watching your opponent celebrate winning the Super Bowl on a last second win.

I think I would do the same thing so I can't be mad at him for that...I do think, as you said, that you should stick around after the fight and answer all those questions though...I think he did that but didn't watch the whole presser tbh

Comment

Originally posted by teamindividual View Post
                      Don't forget there was no ringside press row for the fight because Oscar wanted to sell those seats. The media was mad at him and watched from seats way back, probably giving them an anti-canelo bias lol and also poor vantage point for Canelo's body work
                      I really hope this was sarcasm that didn't translate well.

Comment

Working...
                      X