Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think Pacquiao is on a par with Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
    LOL no he didn't. JMM had to roid out of his mind and still needed to step on Pac's foot so he couldn't move away to get that shot in. GTFO with that noise.
    Stop playing games. JMM beat Manny in ALL of their fights. We can go fight by fight & see the videos of each of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Duran is arguably one of the 5 best boxers of all time. Manny is somewhere between 25-30. They are both ATG so the difference would be Duran's win over SRL and the fact his prime losses are to boxers more highly regarded than the guys prime Manny lost to.
      duran aint that high on the list. Most of those lists or full of shet by media members that rank him that high too.

Comment

I am Duran fan but Pac s greater. I'm sure Duran would agree.
        Actually what does Duran think of pac. We know what he thinks of floyd

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Stop playing games. JMM beat Manny in ALL of their fights. We can go fight by fight & see the videos of each of them.
          I had Manny taking the 2nd fight because of the KD but agree about 1 and 3.

Comment

I really wish people would stop getting too emotional and talk about pac s so called losses to jmm rather than 3 wins of not scorecard error! Because your then opening up a new kettle of fish. Will you talk about pac s 3 wins over Bradley also and pac s win over horn and w hile were at it pac s win over floyd?

But Pac losing to jmm isn't end of world. Floyd s lost to worse fighters in Castillo and maidana
            Last edited by hugh grant; 09-25-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
              I have gotten **** from people saying that my screen name was bull**** and Pac is nowhere near Duran recently.

I thought the similarities in their career arcs were obvious back in 2013 when I made this account.

Duran has one of, if not the best, single wins ever over SRL, but Pac has consistent top level wins, best and championships from Flyweight to light middle.

I think they're around the same all-time. Both top 10 or 15 but I would give Pac the edge.

Thoughts on this?
              Not even that close imo. Pac never had the almost unbeatable period like Duran had from 74-80. Plus Duran had more boxing skills to go along with is power. Pac has had a HOF career no doubt, but Duran in his prime never had an opponent that he could not figure out like Pac with Marquez. No matter how you scored them(I agreed with judges in 1st3 fights)its completely possible that JMM could be 4-0 vs Pac and there would be nothing wrong with it. Duran had probs with DeJesus, but did fig him out and he was at least as good as JMM.

Comment

Pac is comparable but I'd give Duran the edge. I think Pac fought in a weaker era than Duran but considering what he's done in that weaker era, obviously he's a very special fighter. I think would compete in any era but I don't think he would have gotten as far in Duran's era whereas I think Duran would have gotten much farther in this era. Pac came up in the 2000s while Duran came up in the '70s. I think the fighters back then were tougher and more willing to fight and there were also way fewer titles back then. It was not as easy to win a belt. There weren't many belts to win like there are now. I think Pac gives Duan a good scrap at 147 but at 135, I think Duran eats him alive. Once Duran made it an inside fight which wouldn't take but a few rounds, he knocks Pac out. Just too powerful and ferocious at 135. of course, I don't see most fighters beating a 135 Duran. He was that great then. I'd definitely give Pac the edge as far as showing up in shape and bringing his best to the ring each time which Duran definitely did not do, especially post-Leonard. It became a game of which Duran would show up and Pac was always more dedicated which is important and does matter, for legacy especially.

Overall though, I rate Duran over Pac but Pac is a truly legendary fighter. Duran will always be the boxing king of Panama and Pac will always be the boxing king of the Phillippines.

Comment

No, Pacquiao will never be on par with Duran, no one will. Duran is in a league of his own, he's simply the best to ever lace them up.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    duran is arguably the best lightweight ever, and that's a very stacked division.

you can look at duran as having 2 careers. he had 119 fights, a freakish amount given his level of opposition and period in time.

you have his "prime" where he was at his best weight and young, and then his later years, when he moved up in weight to make more money and really became a star.

his win over a prime ray leonard is one of the best wins of all time for any boxer. he held world championships all the way up to middleweight and carried his power. hell, he knocked iran barkley around the ring and onto his butt in the 11th round!

pacquiao is a very great fighter and his weight climbing and his style will get him on a lot of top 50 and 25 lists, but roberto duran is a shoe-in for a top 10 list and there's a large gap in class between the resumes of the two, frankly.

i would pick duran at any weight from 135 to 160 lbs as long as he trained hard. he was just a better fighter.
                    I agree Duran would beat him. He was tough smart could throw any punch in the book. He had very good hand speed. Had one of the best inside games in history. Vastly underrated defense. He was born to fight. Manny is an an agressive fighter not a defense first guy.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Stop it. duran was a straight up brawler. Manny boxes better than duran.
                      Kamikaze pilot (after hearing his admiral pimp out the day's suicide mission): Are you out of your fcuking mind?

Comment

Working...
                      X