Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think Pacquiao is on a par with Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
    A prime Sugar ray leonard would have viciously mauled Pacquiao at 147. Pacquiao wouldn't have a snowballs chance at beating or even surviving against ray leonard. A prime leonard at 147 kos him 99 times out of 100.

So if we're talking who's the better fighter at 147, it would undoubtedly be duran.
    If slow, flat-footed, easy to be hit, walk forward fighter like duran can beat Leonard then Manny has a chance too. Manny can beat duran too.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
      Duran would counter the crap out of him.
      duran wasn't a counter puncher

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        Dumb. Even for an idiot like you.

Duran is on most credible top 10 all time lists and even top 5 on a few. Is Pac? No. Will he be? Not likely. The long and short of it is that Pac is a great fighter but not Duran great.
        duran is overrated, Manny beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          I can see the parallels between them. Each of them are ATGs. In a head to head fight I’d have to favor a prime Duran between 135-147.
          You always favor the losers. So since we know that about you I'll ride with Manny on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
            Both are legendary fighters because they gave boxing fans many memorable fights; but Duran was indeed special. Skillwise, he was all-round better too.
            Stop it. duran was a straight up brawler. Manny boxes better than duran.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
              I love Duran but I won't compare him to Pacquiao.

It took 7.6 billion people on earth to produce a man like Manny Pacquiao.. He is a rarity among athletes... Eight Division World Champion a feat that most likely will never be matched let alone beaten. He grew up in poverty, lived on the streets and truly knows what it's like to be hungry. He active duty military (in the reserves) and reached the rank of.Master Sergeant When he became a Senator the President gave him a commission. He currently has the rank of Colonel.

The senator is a very humble man both in victory and defeat... . I know it sounds cliche to say it but clearly he has the eye of the tiger.

GOAT.............................I don't know the book is still open (and a great book it is).
              T.B.E. is the G.O.A.T. don't get it twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                Duran to me was a better all round fighter.
                Negative, Manny is.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I would give Duran a slight edge because he was so great at 135 and often considered the best lightweight in history. They both had amazing careers but Duran was a bigger man than Pac which helped him be more successful at heavier weights.
                  You say Pvssy-G is great....LMMFAO! People like you really don't know what's up. I got Manny over duran, Manny too fast for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    Gotta go with Duran as pretty much everything JMM could do Duran could do better.
                    Fvk you talkin' bout?!?! JMMM beat Manny in ALL of their fights & I pick Manny to beat walk forward, slow, flat footed, easy to hit duran.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                      In other words what happens if a 1980 version of Duran fights a 2009 version of Pacquiao? I'd give Duran the edge but he would have a hell of a fight on his hands.
                      I got Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X