Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think Pacquiao is on a par with Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think Pacquiao is on a par with Duran?

I have gotten **** from people saying that my screen name was bull**** and Pac is nowhere near Duran recently.

I thought the similarities in their career arcs were obvious back in 2013 when I made this account.

Duran has one of, if not the best, single wins ever over SRL, but Pac has consistent top level wins, best and championships from Flyweight to light middle.

I think they're around the same all-time. Both top 10 or 15 but I would give Pac the edge.

Thoughts on this?

A prime Sugar ray leonard would have viciously mauled Pacquiao at 147. Pacquiao wouldn't have a snowballs chance at beating or even surviving against ray leonard. A prime leonard at 147 kos him 99 times out of 100.

So if we're talking who's the better fighter at 147, it would undoubtedly be duran.

Comment

Pacquiao is levels above durant, skills and legacy wise.

Comment

I'd say pacquiao is better

Comment

there's no doubt about it.....and it would've been hell of fight if it happened

Comment

Duran would counter the crap out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
              A prime Sugar ray leonard would have viciously mauled Pacquiao at 147. Pacquiao wouldn't have a snowballs chance at beating or even surviving against ray leonard. A prime leonard at 147 kos him 99 times out of 100.

So if we're talking who's the better fighter at 147, it would undoubtedly be duran.
              - - A chihuahua would maul you.

Yeah, tough that Manny surpassed Sugar and up there with Roberto, but such is life

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
                Pacquiao is levels above durant, skills and legacy wise.
                Dumb. Even for an idiot like you.

Duran is on most credible top 10 all time lists and even top 5 on a few. Is Pac? No. Will he be? Not likely. The long and short of it is that Pac is a great fighter but not Duran great.

Comment

I can see the parallels between them. Each of them are ATGs. In a head to head fight I’d have to favor a prime Duran between 135-147.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    The long and short of it is that Pac is a great fighter but not Duran great.
                    Both are legendary fighters because they gave boxing fans many memorable fights; but Duran was indeed special. Skillwise, he was all-round better too.

Comment

Working...
                    X