Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think Pacquiao is on a par with Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, PAC has surpassed Duran already. Tough pill for the haters to swallow, just like my d ! C k.

Comment

Duran was a beast at lightweight, and beat a prime SSL, and won a true middle weight belt. Not to mentioned he banged out with the Greatest middleweights ever

Comment

I love Duran but I won't compare him to Pacquiao.

It took 7.6 billion people on earth to produce a man like Manny Pacquiao.. He is a rarity among athletes... Eight Division World Champion a feat that most likely will never be matched let alone beaten. He grew up in poverty, lived on the streets and truly knows what it's like to be hungry. He active duty military (in the reserves) and reached the rank of.Master Sergeant When he became a Senator the President gave him a commission. He currently has the rank of Colonel.

The senator is a very humble man both in victory and defeat... . I know it sounds cliche to say it but clearly he has the eye of the tiger.

GOAT.............................I don't know the book is still open (and a great book it is).

Comment

Manny will be spoken of in the same breath as the likes of Duran. I grew up watching Duran so I still view fighters from back then as kind of these mythical warriors so I don't view them the same.

Comment

Duran to me was a better all round fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
              A prime Sugar ray leonard would have viciously mauled Pacquiao at 147. Pacquiao wouldn't have a snowballs chance at beating or even surviving against ray leonard. A prime leonard at 147 kos him 99 times out of 100.

So if we're talking who's the better fighter at 147, it would undoubtedly be duran.
              You speak as if this was the absolute undeniable gospel truth. But a prime Pac never fought a prime Leonard so you don't know this would happen so it's not fact, only your opinion. There is no we in your opinion. You might be correct about the way that fight would go down but you could be wrong too. Leonard did not KO everybody he fought. Not even close. There were welterweights he failed to KO. Maybe Pac would be another he didn't KO. No way to know for certain.

Comment

I would give Duran a slight edge because he was so great at 135 and often considered the best lightweight in history. They both had amazing careers but Duran was a bigger man than Pac which helped him be more successful at heavier weights.

Comment

Gotta go with Duran as pretty much everything JMM could do Duran could do better.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
                    A prime Sugar ray leonard would have viciously mauled Pacquiao at 147. Pacquiao wouldn't have a snowballs chance at beating or even surviving against ray leonard. A prime leonard at 147 kos him 99 times out of 100.

So if we're talking who's the better fighter at 147, it would undoubtedly be duran.
                    You forget. Pac climbed 8 divisions. Meaning Pac's best is not at 147. Pound for pound if Pac was as big as SRL. He kills him.

That's the meaning of pound for pound.

Comment

In other words what happens if a 1980 version of Duran fights a 2009 version of Pacquiao? I'd give Duran the edge but he would have a hell of a fight on his hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X