Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Letters from Team Rivas Lawyers Might Foretell Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=KTFOKING;19980533]We probably won't find out the result of the B sample for a while.

But the question is how Hearn proceeds with Whyte? Because until the B sample comes back, WBC will continue to temporarily suspend him.[/QUOTE]

Nope

https://www.google.com/amp/s/3kingsb...-wbc-role/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.***...ian-whyte/amp/

Comment

i wasn't wrong with what I said. I never said he was suspended from boxing. That was never said by me. I said the WBC will continue to temporarily suspend him until they get the B sample and more details, and that is exactly the case.

Comment

I don’t know if it’s a matchroom problem unless Team Rivas can argue in moral terms that Eddie had the obligation to tell them. UKAD just collects samples and ships them. I don’t see those going anywhere.

The BBBoC however needs to be investigated. Asinine rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          I don’t know if it’s a matchroom problem unless Team Rivas can argue in moral terms that Eddie had the obligation to tell them. UKAD just collects samples and ships them. I don’t see those going anywhere.

The BBBoC however needs to be investigated. Asinine rules.
          It's called "duty of care". Does Rivas have a case? Read below:

A duty of care is a legal obligation which is imposed on an individual or entity requiring adherence to a standard of reasonable care while performing any acts that could foreseeably harm others.

Comment

Eddy says he knew about the drugs and kept it secret? He needs to be suspended. Why have testing if you don't tell the other guy that he's getting cheated? UKAD is a home town scam and confidentiality does not extend to criminal activity. Whyte can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon and all of them as accessories to the fact. That is not Hearn bashing, the guy is a snake, there, I bashed him.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              i wasn't wrong with what I said. I never said he was suspended from boxing. That was never said by me. I said the WBC will continue to temporarily suspend him until they get the B sample and more details, and that is exactly the case.
              Yeah I misread your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                Kownacki vs. Rivas is a great fight for interim title
                I agree. Have it at Barclays and my arse will be there as usual!

Comment

Before you all completely jump off the cliff on this just keep in mind the facts of the situation.

UKAD did their testing and followed protocol as they were supposed to per WADA rules.
                  BBBoC followed protocol, the fighter was cleared to fight, they had no reason to not allow the bout.
                  Hearn had no reason to not allow the show to go on, they had 2 contracted fighters cleared to fight by BBBoC.
                  Hearn could not inform Rivas' team of an adverse test result as that was private & confidential.

NADP is the independent panel which hears cases of doping, after a hearing they are the ones that allowed Whyte to fight, they are the ones who have questions to answer, their rationale won't be public until they hand down a decision & sanction. My understanding is if no sanction is handed down they won't report the facts as it is considered no doping took place.

Whyte won't talk until the case is decided as its confidential.

The facts will emerge in one of two ways, with Whyte sanctioned and decision reported by UKAD, or Whyte not sanctioned and he will release the details to clear his name.

Don't expect BBBoC or Matchroom to get in any trouble when they have literally followed the rules they legally have to.

Comment

Eddie is playing fast and loose. He may have had no legal obligation to tell team Rivas once Whyte was cleared to fight. But he had an ethical obligation. This is boxing, sure. Steeped in slime. But Eddie’s Publix image is of a decent bloke. Not an old school Don King type con man. But he’s exactly the same. They all are.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      Whyte hasn't said anything, he just posted some typical generic 'I'm outraged by these accusations' bs tweet two weeks ago and thats all we've heard from him

The silence is telling. He knows he's fvvcked and so does Eddie.
                      American Lawyers are on different class than those wig wearing British lawyers

#Levels

Comment

Working...
                      X