Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers who aren't doping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the large majority of boxers are clean, it is just that boxing is now going through the fall out of doping 'That sports such as Track and Field athletics, Cycling went through this many decades ago'. Boxing is only just going through these fall out stages now, due to boxing fans being more educated and more Olympic styled drug testing protocols being implemented in the game.

Comment

I believe everyone is doping
      I know some guys haven’t been caught , but imo it’s just that , they haven’t been caught
      Ask any gymhead , what’s the first thing he was offered when he started the gym
      I’ll give you a hint , it ain’t no smoothie

Comment

Golovkin is certainly clean, for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
          QRD on what he did?
          He publicly promoted the enrollment to a year-long random drug test... Nobody in the sport did that at the time...

Many boxers followed afterwards...

Comment

Donaire, Wilder, Inoue, Bivol and the Ukrainian triplets.

But I actually believe that most fighters are clean.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
              No they don’t.

For every contender and champion there are tons of club fighters and journeymen who have no incentive to do this — it would be wasted money.

Go to a club show sometime where the headliner might be an 8-3 guy against a 6-4 guy (and the rest of the card may be like 2-3 vs. 6-7, or even an undercard where the 11-0 prospect is fighting someone who is 4-12 ... out of those at most the 11-0 guy is possibly doping.
              Go to a regular commercial gym. A 24 hour fitness. An LA fitness, whatever.

If regular people are using PEDs/Steroids/etc., it's not uncommon to believe professional athletes are as well.

It's really not even difficult to get some.

You'd be surprised how common it's becoming.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                Bro, he's a commie. They all dope over there
                I like your politics...other than that not much else lol

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
                For confidence in a drug testing agency, there has to be complete autonomy from the fighter, the alphabets and the state commissions, who all have a vested interest in the results.
                Imagine MLB's Mike Trout having a personal contract with USADA, the way FM did. It's fukin laughable.
                Until there's a credible person as Boxing Czar, who has final authority, all drug testing just isn't credible (and that's not even going into the science of beating the tests.)
                Good post bro...basically sums up my sentiments here

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                I think the large majority of boxers are clean, it is just that boxing is now going through the fall out of doping 'That sports such as Track and Field athletics, Cycling went through this many decades ago'. Boxing is only just going through these fall out stages now, due to boxing fans being more educated and more Olympic styled drug testing protocols being implemented in the game.
                Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Donaire, Wilder, Inoue, Bivol and the Ukrainian triplets.

But I actually believe that most fighters are clean.
                Fair points...I hope you guys are correct

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                I believe everyone is doping
                I know some guys haven’t been caught , but imo it’s just that , they haven’t been caught
                Ask any gymhead , what’s the first thing he was offered when he started the gym
                I’ll give you a hint , it ain’t no smoothie
                Originally posted by UNBIASED BOXING View Post
                Go to a regular commercial gym. A 24 hour fitness. An LA fitness, whatever.

If regular people are using PEDs/Steroids/etc., it's not uncommon to believe professional athletes are as well.

It's really not even difficult to get some.

You'd be surprised how common it's becoming.
                Yep my thoughts are similar...good posts

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
                Golovkin is certainly clean, for one.
                I would wager he is...only caveat would be if he feels he needs an extra edge now that he is getting older, and if some younger guys coming up are doping he may say 'f it, why not'...but I would still wager that he is clean.

Originally posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
                He publicly promoted the enrollment to a year-long random drug test... Nobody in the sport did that at the time...

Many boxers followed afterwards...
                Very cool thanks for the info man..nice to see there are still some honest guys out there...some guys who beat their chest too much about how clean they are, are a little suspect...but I can't imagine a boxer really pushing for that unless he was clean...or really arrogant lol

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  Bro, he's a commie. They all dope over there
                  Except they have a democratic system now.

Comment

Mikey Garcia is clean

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                      Except they have a democratic system now.
                      Not really

Comment

Working...
                      X