Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Golden Boy and DAZN violate the Ali Act?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Except that Canelo signed his deal before GGG signed.

So there goes that theory…..
    I agree but DAZN had been talking to GGG at the time already and I assume the conversation was going well, which is why they did have their reasons to offer that contract. GGG must have agreed to the third fight so they made him a good offer. I find it very hard to believe that Canelo's contract didn't have a mandatory Canelo-GGG 3 fight clause

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
      I agree but DAZN had been talking to GGG at the time already and I assume the conversation was going well, which is why they did have their reasons to offer that contract. GGG must have agreed to the third fight so they made him a good offer. I find it very hard to believe that Canelo's contract didn't have a mandatory Canelo-GGG 3 fight clause
      Golovkin signed almost five months after Canelo did with DAZN. Sorry, but you get Canelo by any means if possible and don't sign him just to hope you will get the trilogy on your network. They gave that deal to Canelo because he's point blank the biggest star in boxing and one of the few true needle movers.

So yeah, Canelo has every right to be upset when agreements are being signed without his consent.

Comment

GGG signs with DAZN on March 8th

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...e?platform=amp

March 14th Golden Boy announces a deal with DAZN for a monthly series

https://www.goldenboypromotions.com/...ing-contenders

GOLDEN BOY AND DAZN JOIN FORCES TO PRESENT A MONTHLY BOXING SERIES FEATURING TOP PROSPECTS AND RISING CONTENDERS
        March 14, 2019

GOLDEN BOY AND DAZN JOIN FORCES TO PRESENT A MONTHLY BOXING SERIES FEATURING TOP PROSPECTS AND RISING CONTENDERS

SERIES TO INCLUDE A STUDIO SHOW PROVIDING IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS AND PREVIEWS OF UPCOMING BOXING EVENTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD

Comment

Without that assurance from Golden Boy does Golden Boy get a deal? Does DAZN pursue GGG as aggressively as they did?

So you had see why Canelo is upset about over $200 million dollars being given to GBP & GGG because of him and he's unaware of it and not getting a piece of any of it.

If DAZN values a GGG/Canelo trilogy that much then Canelo is being underpaid. He should be getting closer to $100 mil to fight GGG based on the money DAZN invested to get that fight made.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Our at least tried to circumvent it?

Reports are that Golden Boy promised DAZN a third GGG fight when they signed their deal with DAZN back in October of 2018.

If you remember around this time PBC was the frontrunner for signing GGG. Then DAZN suddenly upped their offer, blowing the PBC offer out of the water. It was openly talked about by Hearn that the plan was for GGG to fight in May or June then Canelo in September. Seems like everyone knew of the promise Golden Boy made to DAZN except Canelo.

Golden Boy & DAZN announced a monthly Golden Boy card to showcase up and coming fighters just days after DAZN announced the signing of GGG.

So it seems as if DAZN promised GGG the Canelo fight only if he signed with them.
            How can Golden Boy promotions promise DAZN a third Canelo-Triple g fight when nobody knew where Triple g was gonna end up at,...,...

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              How can Golden Boy promotions promise DAZN a third Canelo-Triple g fight when nobody knew where Triple g was gonna end up at,...,...
              You're asking a question i explained in the post you quoted. So that tells me you want to argue, not discuss.

Comment

It would be smart of Canelo to have some lawyers look into what went on. Could be a way to get out of his contract with Golden Boy.

Comment

It sounds like they did violate it by not telling Canelo a damn thing about this agreement. But it doesn't matter because it will never be brought to court anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    You're asking a question i explained in the post you quoted. So that tells me you want to argue, not discuss.
                    😂 C'mon now! You Know me long enough!
                    If I wanted to argue then I would call you a stupid dumb motherfuccer and say you don't know shet about boxing!
                    But I didn't! I came at you respectfully!
                    But it's cool.
                    Have a great day! ✌️

Comment

God forbid someone try to make the fight fans want. That’s just not how boxing is supposed to work. What dirty scoundrels!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X