Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Golden Boy and DAZN violate the Ali Act?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    True. But it was also reported Canelo was having problems with Golden Boy 2 weeks ago by this same writer. And Canelo confirmed it yesterday. And Hearn has said several times that DAZN was promised the GGG/Canelo fight.
    yeah its definitely not out of the realm of possibilities, I am skeptical but who am I? I;lll take a wait and see how it plays out approach. What I think is happening here is people are interpreting the actions (canelo/GPB/Dazn) their own way and making a story out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
      yeah its definitely not out of the realm of possibilities, I am skeptical but who am I? I;lll take a wait and see how it plays out approach. What I think is happening here is people are interpreting the actions (canelo/GPB/Dazn) their own way and making a story out of it.
      We'll know soon. If Golden Boy really did put that on paper then for the good of the company DAZN has to make them enforce it.

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
        It was pretty obvious that DAZN was betting on the 3rd fight to attract more subscribers to the platform, which is why they offered him that mad money contract. Everything was pointing at that but Canelo didn't know that? If he couldn't add 2 and 2 together, he is a dumbazz
        It’s his job to make their plans come true?

Should have been in his contact then. But dazn hadn’t signed GGG when it offered Canelo so they could hardly make it part of the contract if they couldn’t assure that they could deliver the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
          It’s his job to make their plans come true?

Should have been in his contact then. But dazn hadn’t signed GGG when it offered Canelo so they could hardly make it part of the contract if they couldn’t assure that they could deliver the other side.
          They could say if you sign GGG we'll make the 3rd fight. Notice PBC was the frontrunner to sign GGG then DAZN came in and blew their offer out of the water

Comment

Canelo would have to make that Claim himself but yeah if they're doing deals without him signing off on it and agreeing to it then yeah that could be a serious problem if he was to take it to court which I doubt it will get that far but you never know in this damn sport

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Canelo would have to make that Claim himself but yeah if they're doing deals without him signing off on it and agreeing to it then yeah that could be a serious problem if he was to take it to court which I doubt it will get that far but you never know in this damn sport
              I'm surprised people are falling for that news Canelo is in talks to fight Andrade. That's just Golden Boy trying to save face. I'll be surprised if he fights the rest of the year.

You don't just blow over a situation like this then it's on to the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                They could say if you sign GGG we'll make the 3rd fight. Notice PBC was the frontrunner to sign GGG then DAZN came in and blew their offer out of the water
                Who could say that?

They offered Canelo a contract. GGG is nowhere mentioned in that contract by all reports.

It’s not the job of Canelo’s team to say ‘oh but we’ll do more than you’re asking in this contract for the same money already stipulated in the contract.’

If they had put language about GGG in the contract, Canelo’s side may have said ‘these are the terms we agree to for that fight’ and it would have been part of the negotiation. But they didn’t ask him to fight GGG in that contract.

They said X number of fights for X dollars and didn’t stipulate who he had to fight. Period.

That’s up to Skipper and Dazn to think of, not for Canelo to accommodate after the fact to make them feel better. If they want something they didn’t ask for in the contract, they’d should back up the Brinks truck and say ‘and we’ll give you $X million on top of what we previously agreed to if you’d be so kind as to make our lives easier.’

Comment

Reaching.... He was always going to fight GGG in those ten fights. Unless he had a clause that he wasn’t going to fight GGG, he just want things to be done when he wants it, not when GGG or DAZN wants it.

Comment

They most certainly did. Oscar cannot act as both Canelo's manager and promoter too. De La Hoya negotiated his own contract with DAZN or $90 mil for over 50 fights on a contingent basis with the belief that Canleo will be fighting Triple G for a third time this September; Which was both illegal and unethical.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
                      Who could say that?

They offered Canelo a contract. GGG is nowhere mentioned in that contract by all reports.’
                      So what you're saying is I'm discussing this with someone who isn't paying attention to what being discussed. Go back and read what's written and when you catch up to the discussion send me a response.

Comment

Working...
                      X