Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name the fights in the sport you consider to be PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In no particular order, these are the fantasy match ups I would personally pay for

Spence/Crawford
    Lomachenko/Davis
    Wilder/Joshua (yes I'd still pay for it)
    Canelo/Charlo (yes I know all Canelo fights are on DAZN subscription now)
    Pacquiao/Spence or Crawford
    Sutherland/Rainford 2

Idk I'm probably missing a few

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      lol...this guy with some nerve coming at me in another post about the pbc when its obvious hes a pbc hater

spence/garcia
      fury/wilder were considered successful ppvs....must suck to not be able to understand that
      thurman/pac ended up being a very good, and ppv worthy, fight....
      I'm not in the ppv business but what exactly do you consider a ppv successful?? I always thought that over a million ppvs was considered a success...
      Selling 300,000-400,000 is a success now?? Since when? And how is that??
      Canelo-Smith sold about 350,000 ppvs and Canelo-Khan sold about 600,000 ppvs but people on here were shetting on Canelo saying they were both failures..
      So what's the difference??

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        I'm not in the ppv business but what exactly do you consider a ppv successful?? I always thought that over a million ppvs was considered a success...
        Selling 300,000-400,000 is a success now?? Since when? And how is that??
        Canelo-Smith sold about 350,000 ppvs and Canelo-Khan sold about 600,000 ppvs but people on here were shetting on Canelo saying they were both failures..
        So what's the difference??
        lol...people were "****tin" on canelo? you dont say?!?!? lol...there are people that will **** on that guy no matter what happens

and canelo seling 350 against an opponent like smith is pretty good.....

and with the fury/wilder...spence/garcia fights you have to consider not one of those guys was a MAJOR star commanding a huge number....so to hit the 300k mark for those fights was considered good....everything i read from showtimes ends and people who cover the business end of the sport suggested that those fights were successful....maybe not majorly...but they didnt tank......like say crawfords did.....or kovalev/ward fights...

Comment

Y'all don't understand basic sh^t if you think a PPV makes sense sometimes & other times it doesn't. Its just business sh^t.

If a fight costs 3M to make & you are offered 5M by a non-PPV ent^ty, but via research you believe you can make 10M on PPV it should be a PPV fight cuz everyone makes more money.

A PPV fight doesn't only have to be a big fight. In fact if a non-PPV ent^ty is offering equal or more guaranteed money than your info is telling you it could make on PPV than maybe you shouldn't even gamble on PPV.

Comment

Fury-Wilder 2

Fury/Wilder winner- Ruiz/Joshua 2 winner

The eventual undisputed heavyweight champ- Usyk

Any Canelo fight

Any combination of Spence-Crawford-Pacquiao

Lomachenko- a welterweight champion not named Shawn Porter

Anything else shouldn’t be on PPV

Comment

Canelo Vs
              Pacquiao Vs

Otherwise,Wilder, Fury V Josh.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Y'all don't understand basic sh^t if you think a PPV makes sense sometimes & other times it doesn't. Its just business sh^t.

If a fight costs 3M to make & you are offered 5M by a non-PPV ent^ty, but via research you believe you can make 10M on PPV it should be a PPV fight cuz everyone makes more money.

A PPV fight doesn't only have to be a big fight. In fact if a non-PPV ent^ty is offering equal or more guaranteed money than your info is telling you it could make on PPV than maybe you shouldn't even gamble on PPV.
                I’m simply looking at it from the perspective of, what do I believe is worth paying for. Any ppv fight that makes a profit in the end was a success, regardless of it was a marquee matchup...but I’d watch a hell of a lot less boxing if there were more and more ppvs. At some point people will start picking and choosing, which is why doing too many mediocre ppvs can hurt the bottom line in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  I’m simply looking at it from the perspective of, what do I believe is worth paying for. Any ppv fight that makes a profit in the end was a success, regardless of it was a marquee matchup...but I’d watch a hell of a lot less boxing if there were more and more ppvs. At some point people will start picking and choosing, which is why doing too many mediocre ppvs can hurt the bottom line in the long run.
                  I don't disagree, but that doesn't change the reality there isn't a real threshold of a PPV fight beyond immediate business reasons. If people stay boxing fans or not is long game & speculative sh^t that one group doing one PPV has little influence over.

Comment

Most of the fights already been listed!

Look, I don't care if they do PPV's but PLEASE stack the damn Card like Pacquiao vs Thurman Card was stacked

Give us multiple World Championship fights at least! While I'm not crazy about Spence Jr vs Porter on PPV, I do like that they have David Benavidez vs Anthony Dirrell on the Card and hopefully that add more good fights on the Card.

Give the people their money's worth. I'm a UFC fan as well and for those that are familar with the UFC, then you know how they do some of their PPV's in which they will give you like 3-4 PPV Quality Main Event Matches on One Card. Boxing really needs more of that! People shouldn't order PPV and watch a bunch of Showcase Fights and 1 Big Match Up Save that BS for Free TV not on PPV!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I don't disagree, but that doesn't change the reality there isn't a real threshold of a PPV fight beyond immediate business reasons. If people stay boxing fans or not is long game & speculative sh^t that one group doing one PPV has little influence over.
                      No there isn’t a threshold per se. there’s been a lot of terrible discount ppvs over the years put out by promoters who can’t get any networks interested in their cards. But there has been a sort of benchmark for the premium priced ppvs, and it’s generally a big event between 2 top fighters. Things could change with premium cable out of the mix tho. With hbo out and possibly showtime to follow, basic cable networks that show boxing might feel like they can get away with more ppvs cuz they aren’t already charging $15 per month. Where I got a problem is if they want to charge for all their stupid apps on top of a bunch of ppvs.

Comment

Working...
                      X