No announcement yet.

Canelo, and his leverage, are rolling over GGG and DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
    Or DAZN can take him to court, freeze his assets and have them declare breach of contract since he is already several fights into his contract...

LOL at leverage, he can sit for now because he has money, lets see what happens if they really play hardball and have the courts freeze his assets since he lives in the US.

the only way Canelo can avoid being stripped by the IBF, other than fight their shltty mando..... is by facing Andrade or Charlo

I would just about bet my life that refusing to approve Andrade, is a 100% breech of contract by DAZN.... they simply cannot make an authoritarian decision that will cost Canelo his title

not when Canelo has full control over his opponent selection

and we know that Canelo has full control over his opponent selection..... because Canelo is not fighting Golovkin next LMAO

the second DAZN even think like that, their career in boxing is over..... who would ever trust them, or sign with them?

that is a fight they cannot win..... that decision would go down with the fighters/fans like a cup of cold vomit

this is the position that DAZN are now in.....

they now realize that attempting to manipulate Canelo will net them 0 reward..... they are a content provider, and yet..... Canelo is the guy who provides the content

Canelo will likely have much less problems arranging his opponent for December

LMAO at the guys who insisted that Canelo works for DAZN

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      that is exactly what happened

like I said two days ago..... DAZN should noticed what happened to the WBC when they fcuked with Canelo's career

the only way Canelo can avoid being stripped by the IBF, other than fight their shltty mando..... is to take care of Andrade/Charlo..... so DAZN refusing to "approve" a unification with Andrade MUST be breach of contract

what utter stupidity from DAZN

I say the fact that Canelo has not walked already, means that DAZN will likely have one more chance

and what utter stupidity from the casuals

supporting that stupidity, just because they want an undeserving hypejob to get another payday LMAO..... despite the fact that hypejob will not fight the other champions

fkn ridiculous if you ask me
      Surprise genius nobody asked you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
        This all day!

Ton of fans hated Floyd for what Canelo is now doing. Talk about double standard you hate one fighting for being a diva and not fighting the best and having ridiculous diva demands but when its your fav Canelo its all good?

the best opponent is Andrade, there is NO question about that

he is an undefeated champion

and yet.....

here you are, whining about Canelo..... completely ignoring the fact that DAZN refused to approve a unification title fight with Andrade

THAT, is why we hate Golovkin fans LMAO

Comment

Defending Canelo's ducking Golovkin.. by saying that Golovkin doesn't want any competitive fights.

Can you see the irony through through that ginger haze?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
            So when Saul was planning on fighting Jaime, did you say the same?

I do not believe that fight was ever seriously considered

FACT: if Canelo wanted to fight Munguia, it would happen tomorrow

if Munguia was ever mentioned as an opponent for Canelo..... that was likely to provide the appearance of "options", when entering into negotiations with the likes of Duva/Hearn/etc

I say again.....

FACT: if Canelo wanted to fight Munguia, it would happen tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G View Post
              Yeah i dont think its a good look for him. I dont think hes establishing his dominance or anything, hes just going to start burning bridges if things dont start working out for both parties.

Hes starting to look like a bad investment and thats not going to go well for him if it doesnt work out with dazn. Another network is not going to be as excited to work with him if it were to fail altogether. Dazn is invested in the sport of boxing and although canelo is a big piece of that at the moment hes not the sport of boxing itself
              Neither is DAZN and it might be out of boxing without their Mexican star. They are the one losing money. Canelo doesn't need DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                So fking weird how this whole forum (even most of the Mexican fans) went from bashing Canelo for ducking GG (and I being one of the few guys still supporting Canelo at that time) to now everyone wants a lick on the guy's dick and their main defense for the guy is... "he's popular".
                Are you kidding me? Anyone remember how people laughed at Canelo because "real Mexicans" supported GG? The guy gets a gift decision, fails a drug test, and people adore him because he refuses to fight for the company who was stupid enough to pay him 365 million.

I don't understand who is watching boxing anymore because it's sure not boxing fans acting like this.

Turn two of the biggest fights of his career in a trilogy? Yea, wild idea, I know.
                The reality is NSB doesn't reflect what most boxing fans are saying. Check out Reddit Boxng or Bad Left Hook and you'll see most people get that Alvarez is now the biggest diva in the sport.
                I like checking out the Alvarez fanboys on this site because their spin is pathetic and hilarious at the same time.
                That said, they don't know too much about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G View Post
                  If you define entitled as: being the best possible opponent for winning the first fight in the eyes of the people, losing a close decision in the rematch and being the consensus best fight in the division...Then yeah. And i guess a lot of other great champions have been entitled before and since because trilogies have been made on much lesser qualifications.

Anyways, do you think dazn wants to make the fight based on ggg being "entitled" or because they are going to make loads of money/subs?

Since when was ggg not game to fight another mw? Dazn is trying to make the fight happen now for obvious reasons. Is g supposed to say no? If youre ggg do you pass up the main course to fill up on sides?

no, you get off your fat ass and actually fight someone worth a damn

Canelo painted him a picture that even Stevie Wonder could see

but Golovkin said Andrade and Charlo made..... " no sense "

so, he selected Steve Rolls

FACT: you reap what you sow, and Golovkin sowed nothing

I truly cannot wait until Golovkin selects his next opponent

how about you ?

when that day comes... will your " point " be worth mentioning?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    it is a shlt fight, you fkn moron

and I did not ask what you thought Canelo would do.....

..... I asked why did you mention Munguia, who will likely be Golovkin's next opponent..... rather than mention DAZN refusing to approve Andrade for a unification?

why did you choose to focus your attention on a fight that should not, and probably will not, happen..... rather than on a fight that obviously should happen?

muppet
                    That was my point, Munguia would be a shyt fight, but Canelo fans were ok with that but not Munguia va GGG. See how that works asswipe?

Like I said, he won’t fight Andrade or Charlo, he didn’t at 154 and he won’t at 160. If he won’t fight GGG, amd Kovalev isn’t interested, who does that leave for 2019? At this point he would either have to settle for GGG’s leftovers, a catchweight super MW, or another blown up welter weight.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                      The reality is NSB doesn't reflect what most boxing fans are saying. Check out Reddit Boxng or Bad Left Hook and you'll see most people get that Alvarez is now the biggest diva in the sport.
                      I like checking out the Alvarez fanboys on this site because their spin is pathetic and hilarious at the same time.
                      That said, they don't know too much about boxing.
                      That's refreshing to hear. I don't follow boxing on other sites or YT so I am stuck in this echo chamber.
                      Fuked up thing is that I really like Canelo as a boxer. I just hate the way he's pampered, by the business and by the fanboys.

Comment

Working...
                      X