Canelo, and his leverage, are rolling over GGG and DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    How does it hurt his stock though?

DAZN tried to call a shot that wasn't theirs to call, and now have basically burned their Summer, and possibly the Fall.

So now, when Canelo gets his next talks going, I'd bet money that DAZN won't be demanding ****.
    but it absolutely WAS their shot to call. It seems their contract gives them opponent approval, and they said "if you want our money, and our platform, then your options are A, B, or C. Pick one, or take a vacation".
    Last edited by OnePunch; 07-20-2019, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      but it absolutely WAS their shot to call. It seems their contract gives them opponent approval, and they said "if you want our money, and our platform, then your options are A, B, or C. Pick one, or take a vacation".
      DAZN needed Canelo to get into the conversation in the US, and getting Canelo ended up costing them $365m over 11 fights.

With Canelo in hand, DAZN's should've been to deliver 11 Canelo events and, similar to Floyd and Showtime/CBS, use the Canelo Sweepstakes and Canelo's starpower to boost the rest of the roster.

Canelo is sitting at home now, but the move has basically killed DAZN's summer run, and likely impacting the Fall as well.

How does DAZN make up for that self-inflicted wound? No one really cares to see Golovkin fight another bum, and Golovkin isn't fighting anyone serious (Andrade, Charlo, Saunders, Smith) before getting the payday that he's been on his knees for.

Prograis-Taylor is a really good matchup, but few will care to watch the fight from Riyadh.

DAZN got a significant boost from the folks tuning in for Canelo, but that audience either just paid the $20 for May and moved on (with the September date scrapped, those folks won't likely have to bother with DAZN until December), or laid out the $100 for the year (with even less to show for it now that Canelo isn't fighting in the fall).

So much for momentum

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        You have to be an idiot if you think DAZN told canelo pick one or take vacation. lol More accurately is they thought they could tell him who he was going to fight in Sept pick A or B and that he would do just that. Instead canelo told them ok phuk you I'm taking a vacation then I will fight who I want. No company would sabotage and shoot themselves in the foot. They did not plan on this happening and trust canelo not fighting in Sept hurts DAZN more then it hurts canelo. Canelo fight twice a year so fighting in Sept or Oct, nov, Dec he gets paid the same for the year. But going this long without Canelo fighting literally costs DAZN millions in lost subscription revenue. Basically Canelo put their azzz on time out and made it clear I will tell you who I fight. Now they have to sit and wait until canelo tells them he's ready to fight lossing subscribers they built from his May fight. You have to be phuking idiot if you think this is good for DAZN let alone they told him pick one of these guys or take a vacation. This was a domino effect they were left with because they tried to meddle in canelo's fight date so now they left with nothing for Sept the worst possible outcome for their business.
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 07-20-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• once upon a time, September was very valuable to DAZN

but now, it is worthless.....

worthless
          /ˈwəːθlɪs/
          adjective
          having no real value or use

DAZN are the content provider..... but, Canelo is the content

content > content provider

I think that the content..... will have no problem whatsoever getting the content provider to approve his opponents in future

Comment

• are DAZN really going to approve Munguia for Golovkin..... ?

or, will it be Horn..... ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
              Fielding was more of a champ than Rolls. Fielding was a top ten fighter he had belt and was much, much bigger than Alvarez. I do not see what point you are trying to make by referring to Fields loss to Smith because in fact it bolsters the fact that he was a legit top 10 168lb fighter as he was good enough to get a title shot against Smith. Him losing does not mean anything.

I call bs that you could care less about Triple Tune-Up. You are obviously a GGG apologist. Everytime a poster uses facts to show Canelo has a better resume than Triple Tune-up and anytime any poster uses facts to show what a fraud Triple Tune-Up is people like you come along and try and change the subject, bring up strawman arguments, and use GGG lose and draw against Canelo as a reason he deserves yet another rematch.

If Triple Tune-Up wants another shot at Canelo maybe he should take a page out of Manuel Marquez's book and start fighting and beating top fighters then the public and Canelo will give him a rematch. The problem with you and GGG fans is that all of you are entitled babies and when you don't get your way you lash out just like you did with your reply to Bigdunny1.
              Awww, backing up your friend. Very cute. Not a Golo apologist nor a Saul hater. But you definitely ride on sauls cawk from what it looks like. It's ok though. Just admit that u love the kid so much you're ok with whatever he does. I just want a trilogy. Nothing more nothing less. Real fighters handle their unfinished business. And if u cant admit that after a controversial draw and split decision win doesnt warrant a 3rd fight then you're ******ed af. End of story.

Comment

• Canelo flexed his leverage and DAZN blinked first. Now scrambling to let Canelo fight who he wants to avoid him sitting out until Dec. It went from you have to fight GGG in sept no other options. To ok you want to fight Kovalev cool but if that fight falls apart you have to fight GGG in sept no other options. To phuk we can't have him sit out we bleed subscribers until dec ok you can fight Dervy now too just don't get mad at us again. LMAO

Canelo made it crystal clear you need me more then I need you and nobody tells me who to fight and when.

Comment

Working...
                X