Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo told DAZN to kick rocks! Lmfao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a power move and a shot at DAZN. They signed Canelo then later signed GGG and they can't get their money back from GGG who is worthless to them without him fighting canelo. First reports they were trying to force him to fight GGG in Sept. Nobody was mentioning Kovalev who canelo really wanted to fight day 1 and mentioned it months ago even before the Jacobs fight. Most thought he was kidding about fighting Kovalev. But he clearly wasn't. That fight would of been made for Sept but Duva got too many people digging in Kovalev's pockets step aside fee, money owed to top rank because Duva had him sign a multi fight deal with Top Rank and ESPN. ALL of them have to be paid off out of Kovalev's end. But if Kovalev just gets his mandatory out the way those Kovalev doesn't have to pay those guys off. Canelo still getting paid he was always only going to fight twice this year but by delaying later this year he gets his payday and the fight he wants and gives a huge phuk you to DAZN. Canelo is driving all their subscribers it hurts DAZN if Canelo doesn't fight in Sept more then it hurts to wait until Nov or Dec then it hurts canelo.

Made no mistake this about Canelo making it clear to DAZN I'm fighting the guy I want to fight I don't care if you lose money on your GGG deal. Unless Kovalev gets upset it's all but guaranteed he's fighting Kovalev next and with his Mandatory out the way the money is no longer an issue.

Comment

I don't see why Canelo doesn't just face GGG one more time. The dude is only older which helps Canelo every way possible. Their fights were pretty good minus any knockdowns but I suppose a lot of fans still want to see them. I'm pretty much good with what I saw the first two times and think the third would be the same. Neither one really being all that definitive over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        DAZN control opponent selection, or Canelo doesn’t get paid. Whoever they want him to fight, he has to fight

If Canelo wants to leave DAZN, I’d like to see who will front up the value of the contract to buy it out, as it’s worth more than Canelo has probably earned in his career so far.

This is what Canelo signed up for, so he has to do what he’s told, or sit out the prime of his career, with the only place he’ll be fighting is in the court room
        If that were true he would be fighting GGG in Sept. Nobody mentioned DAZN wanting him to fight Kovalev 2 months ago. Canelo told them he wants to fight Kovalev not the other way around. Canelo brought up wanting to fight Kovalev back in March and April and even made a comment about it last December. Most thought he was joking. He told them he wanted to fight Kovalev but there isn't enough money to pay Kovalev they gave him a deal at minimum 3X his career payday but he has mandatory, 2 promoters and another network all have contracts with Kovalev and need need to be paid off.

If Canelo said I'm never fighting again on DAZN that would be a crippling death kneel for DAZN. No other major star will ever sign with them if they treat him like that and more importantly all the subscribers they have soley because of Canelo will leave DAZN with Canelo. It would be a complete death for DAZN in the US that they can't come back from. meanwhile Canelo is already rich and probably could fight in Mexico while it plays out in court. But DAZN would be a laughing stock and overnight lose all their US subscribers. If DAZN tries to void the contract or Canelo gets out the contract he's still the biggest superstar and draw in boxing and just like last year every network will be begging to pay him to fight on their network. Every network tried to sign him he went to DAZN for 1 reason they outbid and agreed to pay him more. But he's not a slave and they can't force him to fight. This is canelo flexing and telling them I'm going to fight when I want and against who I want. When he fights in Nov or Dec he still get paid the same amount he was planning for 2019 and it doesn't jeopardize him fighting again in May. But now DAZN has nobody to help sell subscribers between now and when Canelo tells them he will fight again. This hurts DAZN not Canelo. He will fight again in 2019 and it won't be against GGG and they will still pay him. That's how this will play out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          If that were true he would be fighting GGG in Sept. Nobody mentioned DAZN wanting him to fight Kovalev 2 months ago. Canelo told them he wants to fight Kovalev not the other way around. Canelo brought up wanting to fight Kovalev back in March and April and even made a comment about it last December. Most thought he was joking. He told them he wanted to fight Kovalev but there isn't enough money to pay Kovalev they gave him a deal at minimum 3X his career payday but he has mandatory, 2 promoters and another network all have contracts with Kovalev and need need to be paid off.

If Canelo said I'm never fighting again on DAZN that would be a crippling death kneel for DAZN. No other major star will ever sign with them if they treat him like that and more importantly all the subscribers they have soley because of Canelo will leave DAZN with Canelo. It would be a complete death for DAZN in the US that they can't come back from. meanwhile Canelo is already rich and probably could fight in Mexico while it plays out in court. But DAZN would be a laughing stock and overnight lose all their US subscribers. If DAZN tries to void the contract or Canelo gets out the contract he's still the biggest superstar and draw in boxing and just like last year every network will be begging to pay him to fight on their network. Every network tried to sign him he went to DAZN for 1 reason they outbid and agreed to pay him more. But he's not a slave and they can't force him to fight. This is canelo flexing and telling them I'm going to fight when I want and against who I want. When he fights in Nov or Dec he still get paid the same amount he was planning for 2019 and it doesn't jeopardize him fighting again in May. But now DAZN has nobody to help sell subscribers between now and when Canelo tells them he will fight again. This hurts DAZN not Canelo. He will fight again in 2019 and it won't be against GGG and they will still pay him. That's how this will play out.
          Crippling death kneel? For the money they are paying, fighters would be stupid not to sign.

Nobody is really blaming DAZN for this mess, it’s simply Canelo refusing to fight Golovkin, which he has openly admitted to numerous times

If Canelo wants to destroy the rest of his career fighting scrubs in Mexico, he can go ahead.

Maybe we’ll see Canelo/Kovalev, which is a good fight. But don’t mistake this situation for anything other than what it is - Canelo can’t fight anyone DAZN won’t approve, which is why he can’t fight in September

Comment

Canelo is skipping a fight date because DAZN won't let him fight a sub par opponent, and people want to clap Canelo on the back for that. Hmm ok

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Crippling death kneel? For the money they are paying, fighters would be stupid not to sign.

Nobody is really blaming DAZN for this mess, it’s simply Canelo refusing to fight Golovkin, which he has openly admitted to numerous times

If Canelo wants to destroy the rest of his career fighting scrubs in Mexico, he can go ahead.

Maybe we’ll see Canelo/Kovalev, which is a good fight. But don’t mistake this situation for anything other than what it is - Canelo can’t fight anyone DAZN won’t approve, which is why he can’t fight in September
              So you sign Canelo to this large deal to gain US subscribers and less then 1 year in he refuses to fight for DAZN and you think DAZN isn't crippled? LMAO What percent of the US subscribers right now are only there because of Canelo? How do you retain those subscribers if Canelo leaves you dummy? What is DAZN going to do to sell subscribers from now until Canelo TELLS them he is going to fight again??? The negative back lash for a new subscription service to phuk up this badly and this fast is a brand killer. Those canelo fans that are the only reason the lights are on right now at DAZN are gone forever. No future fighters will sign with DAZN when they can't even keep the their top star happy.

This will end with Canelo fighting the guy he has said from day 1 he wants to fight next which is Kovalev. Canelo told DAZN he wanted to fight Kovalev not the other way around. And DAZN needs Canelo not the other way around. They tried to force him to fight someone else and he just put their azzz on time out and when he comes back he will still not fight the guy they want him to.

Comment

Canelo fans have really vaulted far ahead as the worst fanbase in all of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  So you sign Canelo to this large deal to gain US subscribers and less then 1 year in he refuses to fight for DAZN and you think DAZN isn't crippled? LMAO What percent of the US subscribers right now are only there because of Canelo? How do you retain those subscribers if Canelo leaves you dummy? What is DAZN going to do to sell subscribers from now until Canelo TELLS them he is going to fight again??? The negative back lash for a new subscription service to phuk up this badly and this fast is a brand killer. Those canelo fans that are the only reason the lights are on right now at DAZN are gone forever. No future fighters will sign with DAZN when they can't even keep the their top star happy.

This will end with Canelo fighting the guy he has said from day 1 he wants to fight next which is Kovalev. Canelo told DAZN he wanted to fight Kovalev not the other way around. And DAZN needs Canelo not the other way around. They tried to force him to fight someone else and he just put their azzz on time out and when he comes back he will still not fight the guy they want him to.
                  They both need each other

You are posting as if Canelo is in the driving seat here. He is not. He is under contract to fight under DAZN’s terms, which he agreed to. His alternative is a multi million dollar buy out at DAZN’s discretion, or sit out his prime fighting lawsuits in court.

If Canelo was in control, he would be fighting a scrub in September, with a bigger fight later in the year. But he’s not, because DAZN won’t let him.

DAZN will accept Kovalev as an opponent, but he has to wait. I don’t recall them ever denying Kovalev in favour of Golovkin, which would need to be the case if your argument stood up

Comment

Canelo super f@gs on the verge of a circle jerk in here

Comment

Oh look a fanboy thread, yep already seen this like 9786654 times

Comment

Working...
                      X