No announcement yet.

Canelo told DAZN to kick rocks! Lmfao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    It could be Canelo sending a message for sure! DAZN needs Canelo far more than Canelo needs them. He can easily go back to PPV if things don't work out with DAZN
    I'm not so sure about that as DAZN are a global sports entity, not a boxing only entity. They make plenty of money and are trying to get a foothold in boxing.

Yes Saul can go back to PPV, but what station/channel are they going through? Sho/Fox/PBC? ESPN/TR? Or would GB do their own fights strictly on PPV? Wouldnt that be detrimental to their whole roster?

Curious to see how this plays out

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    The last thing that Canelo should want to do is to get on the bad side of John Skipper and DAZN. They have plenty of money and don't need him.

Therefore, he is dispensable. So he better watch it before he messes around and get his contract terminated by fucking with DAZN's top brass.

DAZN is not the WBC. They are an independent entity owned by Perform group. The are not corrupt like the WBC are.
    Thats how I see it. They want him but dont need him. they arent strictly a boxing broadcaster. They are a global entity.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
      I'm not so sure about that as DAZN are a global sports entity, not a boxing only entity. They make plenty of money and are trying to get a foothold in boxing.

Yes Saul can go back to PPV, but what station/channel are they going through? Sho/Fox/PBC? ESPN/TR? Or would GB do their own fights strictly on PPV? Wouldnt that be detrimental to their whole roster?

Curious to see how this plays out

Thats how I see it. They want him but dont need him. they arent strictly a boxing broadcaster. They are a global entity.
      Well Right, particularly in the U.S., Canelo is the only thing that is moving the Needle for DAZN US so he is needed for the U.S. Market right now since they can get the rights to more popular Sports in America

You have a point though, I keep forgetting it is no more HBO BUT I'm sure ESPN would gladly open up the budget even more for a fighter like Canelo so something would be done by any of those Networks to get Canelo for sure if he become available but I don't see him going anywhere

Canelo would find a new home with no problem if he was to walk away from the DAZN Situation though

Comment

Canelo, the working man's hero, standing up to the bosses!!! Man, he should just retire, that would really show em!

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          The privileged, self entitled, arrogant diva strikes again smh
          Green K! bro

I don't get why true boxing fans support this guy.

I mean shouldn't we just wanna see good fights happen as frequently as possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 29K View Post
            I’m applauding because he stood his ground and told DAZN to phuck off. Nobody wants to see Canelo whoop Triple Glop again. We wanted Canelo vs. Andrade. It seems like you’re a stupid casual that wanted to see that bs again. We wanted Canelo vs. Andrade. The phuck you know about boxing, you’re from Canada. Stick to Hockey.
            Mate am not bothered about a third fight, but Canelo not fighting = No payday. That’s not something we boxing fans should be high fiving each other about.

Comment

Uuuuuhhhhh contract never stated that he had to fight Triple Flop. Wasn’t canelo signed before Triple Flop? You need to learn about contracts.
              DAZN control opponent selection, or Canelo doesn’t get paid. Whoever they want him to fight, he has to fight

If Canelo wants to leave DAZN, I’d like to see who will front up the value of the contract to buy it out, as it’s worth more than Canelo has probably earned in his career so far.

This is what Canelo signed up for, so he has to do what he’s told, or sit out the prime of his career, with the only place he’ll be fighting is in the court room

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                Uh, he has a contract with them dude. He can't tell them to do **** or he can leave the money at the table. Learn about boxing.
                Not only won't he get paid he's likely to have to pay to get out of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                  Nobody wants to see a 3rd fight with lil g, only his delusional fans, **** Dazn
                  We know who calls the shots. DAZN wanted Canelo to fight Triple Flop, yet the King told them to phuck off. All canelo has to do is say he’s leaving DAZN, and DAZN will file bankruptcy. So these idiots didn’t want Kingnelo to fight Andrade? Really? This was the fight true boxing aficionados wanted. Not no Canelo whooping Mr. 29k again.

Thank you, Canelo. For having the balls and telling DAZN to phuck off.
                  GGG fans are terrified at the thought of GGG fighting someone with a pulse not named Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    GGG fans are terrified at the thought of GGG fighting someone with a pulse not named Canelo
                    Alvarez is fighting Nobody in Sept.
                    Nobody is a flatliner for sure. :-)

Comment

DLH just showed DAZN they weren't bluffing

Comment

Working...
                      X