Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Forced To Go Distance, Decisions Bryant Jennings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the best performance from Joe.

Comment

Joyce pushes his punches, no real power. Moves like a mummy too. Don’t see why he’s got so much attention. Not gonna beat any top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Joe Joyce is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Not only does he has a very high punch volume but he has a very hard and granite chin as well.

The only way I see anyone defeating him if they can back him up and force him to fight off the back foot. Other than that his workrate is just simply too much.
        Jennings creased him up with a body shot in the first round. He looks very beatable.
        The reason his work rate was so high is because Jennings was mainly just in survival mode.
        Joyce is nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          OMG, 12 rounds of watching Joyce throw punches must have felt like an eternity. Talk about slow motion.....

I'm pretty sure watching Joyce fight is like the scene in interstellar where they're on that planet that's just waves crashing around and when they finally arrive back at the ship that guy has aged 20 years. In the span of me watching that fight I found out my son went from finishing kindergarten to entering his 2nd year of university.

Comment

I just can't see Joyce getting a major belt. Too easy to hit. And if Jennings would've just been a little more active, he could have dropped Joe in the round he was thudding Joe's body (1st?).

Comment

ExPoSeD for the POS he is, with a washed up veteran like Jennings, sorry cat's out of the bag mate...

Comment

As he is undefeated, Joyce is marketable. As he is not a great boxer, name me one fighter in the top 10 that shouldn't sign to fight him. Joyce can carve a nice career out, kind of the way Jennings has. But is there anyone out there that thinks he is beating anyone of any talent? If I am Joseph Parker, Huey Fury, or Daniel Dubois I am knocking on his door to keep myself relevant. If I am Tyson Fury or Dillian Whyte I go crazy to sign this guy. The media loves him and it will be a profitable fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
                  I'm pretty sure watching Joyce fight is like the scene in interstellar where they're on that planet that's just waves crashing around and when they finally arrive back at the ship that guy has aged 20 years. In the span of me watching that fight I found out my son went from finishing kindergarten to entering his 2nd year of university.

On a serious note, Joyce is a walking KO to Wilder, Joshua, Fury and Ruiz. He has no hand speed. You can see his punches coming from a mile away. His foot work is slow and laborious, his chin is alright, but gettin hit like that by one of the top heavyweights will have him sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
                    Joyce is a KO waiting to happen. He got caught clean way too many times, has a tendency to block shots with his face.

Also seems to be a one trick pony moving forward. I can’t see him troubling any of the top guys.
                    I didn’t see the fight, but I felt the way u did already. I don’t see the improvement or natural skill that will make him a top guy, much like Munguia. I could see him getting a big money fight and I’d be happy. But I’d take it before sum journeyman starches him. I like that he comes forward but that only goes so far.

Comment

One thing this fight proved...Joyce is not an elite level fighter. He is no championship material. His career will be a second tier fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X