No announcement yet.

who is more stupid..... ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    but " their own rules " are absurd..... as proven by the fact that "their own rules" just resulting in them ordering Canelo to fight Derevyanchenko..... thereby KILLING potential fights with Golovkin, Andrade, Charlo, Smith, and Kovalev..... who are ALL better opponents than Derevyanchenko

they just KILLED a bunch of excellent potential fights to order a mandatory with a guy who NOBODY mentioned, or wanted

/story

#secondrateIBF

that is why I voted for them

Ah fair enough... it's an argument you can have all day. You get a dude like Canelo or Floyd who brings enough to the table that he can and will fight who he pleases then the belts and defending mandatories become more of a hinderence than anything... for the rest of the boxing world who can't command $ multi mil purses regardless of who they fight the belts remain a significant selling point and income enhancer.

Maybe the IBF should do something like the WBC did and basically make Canelo a kinda sorta champion in perpetuity, but personally I think they should stick to their guns - they can't make Canelo do a damn thing and everyone knows it, but they can insist that if he wants their belt then he has to follow their rules, to me that shows more honesty and integrity even if they lose credibility by not having their title attached to the biggest fights.

Tough call though - I can see the problem from both sides - but I'm not a fan of everything revolving around the big money players and I am a fan of organisations following their own damn rules... the hells' the point of a sanctioning org if it doesn't enforce mandatories? Far as I'm concerned that's the only thing they ever were good for.

Besides, they ain't killed shit - what the hell does it matter to Canelo? He'll drop that strap in the bin without a second thought - it ain't gonna stand in the way of making whatever fight he pleases. Dude just won't be IBF champ any more.

What do you think the IBF should do though? Just ignore the dudes who've worked their way into mandatory slots when it's convenient... how is that fair?
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-10-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Would Canelo v Andrade be for Undisputed championship? If Andrade won he would only get IBF WBA and WBO
      No one can beat Canelo at Middleweight

Comment

Who is more stupid..... ?

DAZN - for refusing to approve a undisputed middleweight unification title fight..... despite having BOTH fighters on contract WTF?

the IBF - for thinking that Derevyanchenko is the best middleweight on the planet LMAO

fans in general - for arguing about rubbish, and ignoring DAZN and the IBF while they stink up our sport..... shouldn't we make some kind of effort to confront them regarding their stupidity?

I have absolutely no idea who is more stupid

I am interested in hearing arguments for all, and will cast my vote at a later point
        I'll pass on voting in another one of your rigged olls where all the options are answers that you want and not what I think. I don't think any of them are stupid but your poll is stupid. I think if Canelo wants to fight Andrade or Derv or Jermall DAZN will let him do so. The fact is Canelo has made no offers to any of these three middleweight but he has made offers to Kovalev and Munguia and Oscar even challenged welterweight Spence to move up to middleweight to fight Canelo.

Comment

The correct option was you are but it's not on the list. Just stfu because nobody on here gives a f@ck what you think

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Ah fair enough... it's an argument you can have all day. You get a dude like Canelo or Floyd who brings enough to the table that he can and will fight who he pleases then the belts and defending mandatories become more of a hinderence than anything... for the rest of the boxing world who can't command $ multi mil purses regardless of who they fight the belts remain a significant selling point and income enhancer.

Maybe the IBF should do something like the WBC did and basically make Canelo a kinda sorta champion in perpetuity, but personally I think they should stick to their guns - they can't make Canelo do a damn thing and everyone knows it, but they can insist that if he wants their belt then he has to follow their rules, to me that shows more honesty and integrity even if they lose credibility by not having their title attached to the biggest fights.

Tough call though - I can see the problem from both sides - but I'm not a fan of everything revolving around the big money players and I am a fan of organisations following their own damn rules... the hells' the point of a sanctioning org if it doesn't enforce mandatories? Far as I'm concerned that's the only thing they ever were good for.

Besides, they ain't killed shit - what the hell does it matter to Canelo? He'll drop that strap in the bin without a second thought - it ain't gonna stand in the way of making whatever fight he pleases. Dude just won't be IBF champ any more.

What do you think the IBF should do though? Just ignore the dudes who've worked their way into mandatory slots when it's convenient... how is that fair?

the point is..... does anyone really think that Canelo/Derevyanchenko will actually happen ?

I cannot see how this situation does not reflect badly on the IBF..... they are continually reminding everyone that they are second-rate

the IBF badly need to improve their rankings

until then, they should keep their mouth shut

ordering second-rate matchups, that kill first-rate matchups..... is an absolute fail in every department

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I'll pass on voting in another one of your rigged olls where all the options are answers that you want and not what I think. I don't think any of them are stupid but your poll is stupid. I think if Canelo wants to fight Andrade or Derv or Jermall DAZN will let him do so. The fact is Canelo has made no offers to any of these three middleweight but he has made offers to Kovalev and Munguia and Oscar even challenged welterweight Spence to move up to middleweight to fight Canelo.
              Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              The correct option was you are but it's not on the list. Just stfu because nobody on here gives a f@ck what you think

did you guys vote ?

or is... turning up to have a good ol cry... more your thing?

Comment

the point is..... does anyone really think that Canelo/Derevyanchenko will actually happen ?

I cannot see how this situation does not reflect badly on the IBF..... they are continually reminding everyone that they are second-rate

the IBF badly need to improve their rankings

until then, they should keep their mouth shut

ordering second-rate matchups, that kill first-rate matchups..... is an absolute fail in every department
                Gonna agree to differ, man. I already laid out my points - I'd prefer an org with some integrity over one that'll always roll over for it's biggest stars... even if it does stand in the way of some fights - which in this case it won't. Maybe ask yourself what is the point of having world champions and sanctioning orgs at all if they change their rules according to expediency - without rules the titles have no legitimacy anyway.

The big names, the A listers, can look after themselves - they're always gonna have the advantages and get the fights they want. It's the smaller guys, the ones working their way up that need the orgs onside. Guess it's a matter of perspective though - if you watch boxing for the big star names then why would you give a fuck about the little dudes? Me, I'm about having a level playing field and having - as much as possible - the same opportunities for all fighters in the sport.

Comment

I think OP is underestimating the value of consistency. By and large, people will accept a less desirable outcome as long it's arrived at by a clear and consistently followed process.

As acknowledged, DAZN is just doing what's beat for DAZN.

As for the IBF, personally I concur with Koba Grozny.

Comment

I think OP are underestimating the value of consistency. By and large, people will accept a less desirable outcome as long it's arrived at by a clear and consistently followed process.

As acknowledged, DAZN is just doing what's best for DAZN.

As for the IBF, personally I concur with Koba Grozny.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedo's Lawyer View Post
                      I thought the LDBC said the WBC Diamond wasn’t good? It would automatically get Andrade vs Charlo mando for the WBC. Unless of course Haymon tells Charlo to vacate because all of Andrade’s straps aren’t worth it?
                      Damn you got bullied so bad you had to change your identity? Why not just delete this alt account it's not worth all this anxiety bruv

Comment

Working...
                      X