Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Believes He Can Fix The Boxing Business Model

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't want to get jumped here, but I think Dana White is kind of right here.

Yeah, I don't like how exploited the UFC fighters are and hate MMA as a sport, but they are lapping boxing in terms of their business model.

Boxing is a ****ed up corrupt sport that leaves all of us fans fuming every week. UFC fans usually walk away happy.

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    Boxing has always been this way, it does not need fixing.

It must be the most heavily criticized sport in the world.

Max Kellerman pretty much sums it up here 'He stated that people always complain in boxing that? They want to know who is the best NOW. When in reality what people yearn for is uncertainty/speculation 'They what drama'

What I am stating is? We all knew who was the best during the Kiltschko era, and people complained that it was boring. And the fact of the matter was, is that the Kiltschko's fought everyone, there was no ducking.

If boxing had a UFC type model, I can assure you all? It was soon start to bothering boxing supporters. 'We all deep down enjoy the uncertainty, speculation, and the way things seem to unfold in boxing at times'.

Never at any point in boxing history, have things been simple. Never at any point where people quite certain of who is going to face who and when 'It has always been this way'.
    I love Max Kellerman, but he's just being a corporate shill now in denial now. Boxing is the worst structured sport, which is why ZERO sports are adopting their model.

Multiple sanctioning bodies having their own champions, while rarely if ever the best fighting the best when the public wants the fights.

Boxing succeeds, in spite of his business model, not because of it.

If boxing functioned as well as the NFL, NBA, UFC, etc. . .it'd still be the biggest sport in America and Black kids would be clamoring to box instead of play football & basketball.

I mean, the closest thing we had to the ridiculous model of boxing is NCAA football, where there'd be 2 teams calling themselves national championship and it drove everybody completely insane until, guess what? They changed it and now nobody would even dream of having 2 champions that don't play each other.

And don't get me started on the lack of a uniform drug policy and ducking, jeez. :facepalm:

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

Yeah, I don't like how exploited the UFC fighters are and hate MMA as a sport, but they are lapping boxing in terms of their business model.

Boxing is a ****ed up corrupt sport that leaves all of us fans fuming every week. UFC fans usually walk away happy.

I love Max Kellerman, but he's just being a corporate shill now in denial now. Boxing is the worst structured sport, which is why ZERO sports are adopting their model.

Multiple sanctioning bodies having their own champions, while rarely if ever the best fighting the best when the public wants the fights.

If boxing functioned as well as the NFL, NBA, UFC, etc. . .it'd still be the biggest sport in America and Black kids would be clamoring to box instead of play football & basketball.

I mean, the closest thing we had to the ridiculous model of boxing is NCAA football, where there'd be 2 teams calling themselves national championship and it drove everybody completely insane until, guess what? They changed it and now nobody would even dream of having 2 champions that don't play each other.

And don't get me started on the lack of a uniform drug policy and ducking, jeez. :facepalm:
      Boxing was the biggest sport in america and the world once upon a time, because people had to fight. Most other sports where not professional, and boxing/prize fighting was a cultural past-time.

Even if Boxing was run like the UFC, NFL, NBA as you say? I honestly don't think this will be good for the sport. Boxing is the last working class sport, there could be a 35 year old man out there right now 'Who has ambitions to become a champion, and within boxing he will be given that opportunity' In no other sport, apart from afew Olympic sports could this happen.

The way boxing is at this time, it has always been this way. 'Boxing will out last all those other sports you have just mentioned' Because there may be a time once again in the future? When people have no choice but to fight again.

Boxing is fine, it will always be around.

Comment

You know you're a weasel when boxing fans would rather deal with Bob Arum, Eddie Hearn, Frank Warren, Oscar de la Hoya, or Al Haymon. Hell, even Duva.

If Dana White had murdered two people he'd be Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
          Don't think we want our top boxers paid 100k per fight idiot!
          LOL you really believe that nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
            LOL you really believe that nonsense?
            Show me UFC's Top fighters Purses

Comment

Y'all hate Dana White but he is making solid points, you keep talking about MMA fighters not getting paid? I know plenty of "professional boxers" who get paid less then guys over at OneFC. Many of them quit boxing and went into mma because the pay is horrible.

I'm not going to argue about the 1% of top tier boxers getting paid better then the 1% of top tier mma fighters but at the middle and lower end MMA fighters from UFC Bellator, ONEFc etc get paid better.

A single global boxing Org with ONE SET of titles across all the divisions, uniform drug testing, PROPER WEIGH IN'S (same day WITH HYDRATION clause) would do wonders for this sport. You may not like Dana White for his scummy ways but to say boxing is ran better the MMA orgs are is just y'all being in denial. Bellator, ONEFc and UFC are structured and ran much better then of these ABC orgs.

Dana White is not the right figure head but he is right for the most part

Comment

say what???

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                Y'all hate Dana White but he is making solid points, you keep talking about MMA fighters not getting paid? I know plenty of "professional boxers" who get paid less then guys over at OneFC. Many of them quit boxing and went into mma because the pay is horrible.

I'm not going to argue about the 1% of top tier boxers getting paid better then the 1% of top tier mma fighters but at the middle and lower end MMA fighters from UFC Bellator, ONEFc etc get paid better.
                First off, if you've been following boxing and mma long enough you know that the UFC purses weren't always the same. The ufc use to pay his their fighters **** money for years. Its only been up until recent that they started to get more money.

Second, if you're a beginner fighter or a beginner in any sport you have to prove yourself for any contract and get paid. It doesn't matter if it's tennis, basketball, or soccer.

Don't believe this hype from Dana White. He's the biggest tool their is. He's just as deceiving as any promoter. He talks a lot of trash but doesn't back it up. I personally don't see anything wrong with the way boxing is now. We have a nice handful of promoters and associations. A great amount of very talented boxers and it should always be the fighters, managers, and promoters job to figure out their next opponent. If fights aren't made, it's because it's not like MMA, its boxing. In boxing, the boxers are protected to keep their records as low as possible. That's just how it's always been. If you don't like it go watch MMA where a bum can have 12 losses and still be considered great. lol.

Comment

It's easy Dana. Just hire a hit man to take haymon out before the Don King Jr ruins this sport for good.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

Great post.

All of the bolded is gold & 100% on board with it. And that college football comparison is a genius example of "boxing structure" being used elsewhere & I'm kinda upset I never thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      Boxing was the biggest sport in america and the world once upon a time, because people had to fight. Most other sports where not professional, and boxing/prize fighting was a cultural past-time.

Even if Boxing was run like the UFC, NFL, NBA as you say? I honestly don't think this will be good for the sport. Boxing is the last working class sport, there could be a 35 year old man out there right now 'Who has ambitions to become a champion, and within boxing he will be given that opportunity' In no other sport, apart from afew Olympic sports could this happen.

The way boxing is at this time, it has always been this way. 'Boxing will out last all those other sports you have just mentioned' Because there may be a time once again in the future? When people have no choice but to fight again.

Boxing is fine, it will always be around.
                      Boxing has not "always been this way"

First of all, there haven't always been 4 sanctioning bodies with 4 different champions.

Joe Louis, Henry Armstrong, and Joe Gans had to fight whoever was there. They didn't get to hold onto an alphabet belt and fight bums while somebody else was walking around calling themselves champion as well.

It's ridiculous.

And I do agree that boxing has a lower entry level and I don't think it should get rid of that. Nobody's saying that guys should have to go to college or whatever.

Guys don't have to go to college or being upstanding to fight in UFC either.

They just make everybody fight everybody and there's only one guy calling himself the champ, instead of 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X