Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Believes He Can Fix The Boxing Business Model

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you think Dana White would pay Gervonta Davis to fight Ricardo Nunez?

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      Boxing has not "always been this way"

First of all, there haven't always been 4 sanctioning bodies with 4 different champions.

Joe Louis, Henry Armstrong, and Joe Gans had to fight whoever was there. They didn't get to hold onto an alphabet belt and fight bums while somebody else was walking around calling themselves champion as well.

It's ridiculous.

And I do agree that boxing has a lower entry level and I don't think it should get rid of that. Nobody's saying that guys should have to go to college or whatever.

Guys don't have to go to college or being upstanding to fight in UFC either.

They just make everybody fight everybody and there's only one guy calling himself the champ, instead of 4.
      UFC has been around for a 'Eye Blink' in historic terms. People need to stop constantly sucking it off on this site.

Boxing organisations are not going to just disappear, they are here to stay. 'Society has changed a lot since boxing was the biggest sport in the world' and in reality, we can throw at the sport all these different business models 'It will not massively change a thing' because society has just change to much, people although they are instinctual attracted to combat sports? That need to fight, is not there in anymore more in modern culture.

With the professionalism of other sports, boxing was overshadowed. But it will outlast all these sophisticated modern sports, on a fundamental level the original Olympic sports and boxing are the only sports that will stand the test of time.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        UFC has been around for a 'Eye Blink' in historic terms. People need to stop constantly sucking it off on this site.

Boxing organisations are not going to just disappear, they are here to stay. 'Society has changed a lot since boxing was the biggest sport in the world' and in reality, we can throw at the sport all these different business models 'It will not massively change a thing' because society has just change to much, people although they are instinctual attracted to combat sports? That need to fight, is not there in anymore more in modern culture.

With the professionalism of other sports, boxing was overshadowed. But it will outlast all these sophisticated modern sports, on a fundamental level the original Olympic sports and boxing are the only sports that will stand the test of time.
        I agree boxing will survive, but I want boxing to do more than survive.

I want it to thrive.

Big difference.

Boxing will outlast everything fine, but it won't thrive as long as it's run as corruptly as it is with so many champions, overt drug cheats, and blatant ducking.

So yes, you'll always be able to find boxing somewhere, it just won't get the best athletes or good ratings, it'll just be on an app somewhere and irrelevant in our society

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
          I agree boxing will survive, but I want boxing to do more than survive.

I want it to thrive.

Big difference.

Boxing will outlast everything fine, but it won't thrive as long as it's run as corruptly as it is with so many champions, overt drug cheats, and blatant ducking.

So yes, you'll always be able to find boxing somewhere, it just won't get the best athletes or good ratings, it'll just be on an app somewhere and irrelevant in our society
          Boxing will be ok, all combat sports will be fine.

Its accessibility and ingrained nature within culture, is what will enable it to stand the test of time.

All these other team sports are leisure activities, boxing was never a leisure activity 'It was basically a dangerous pursuit' and a way to make a living.

We are in the age of leisure, for now. The time for boxing to thrive massively has gone in someways, because of how society has changed.

But of course I do understand what you are stating.

Comment

He would scam the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              He will never truly venture into boxing. No good fighters will sign to him knowing what he pays his MMA guys. He cannot buy out everyone. He may dapple into it here and there but he cannot create a stranglehold like he did with MMA.

It was easy to sign MMA fighters. They never made giant money beforehand. Many boxers make over 1 million per fight. Very few MMA fighters break that threshold.
              Exactly. Boxing has been around for ages, so many precedents set. Dana is the most famous and paid guy in his league. It will become like boxing eventually. I don’t understand how a guy like Nganou didn’t try and box? But I guess he was in France, and he is a top guy in mma now. But he’d make so much more if he was at the same level in boxing? Did he spar sum boxers and know he wasent even close? They said JDS was the best boxer in mma hw history and Francis killed him? I bet Francis could make a career high just jumping into a boxing match now.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Right. Trading punches is actually “A real fight” in the context of what society has chosen. The best bragging rights of ufc are being a striker. The best puncher gets paid the most. Get in a fight outside a bar and tackle a guy in front a hundred people and you will hear everyone boo. It’s done because u don’t want to trade punches. It may help u win but it won’t pay the same. It gets a whole lot more real than a ufc fight. Still i think most fighters have respect for eachother in the sense that it is relative. No 10-20 mma guy is gonna say they don’t respect a legit 30-0 boxer just because they can tackle them and beat them.

Comment

Working...
                X