Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF Could Strip Canelo; Order Golovkin-Derevyanchenko For Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfan4ever View Post
    When the boxer becomes more important than the title belt, they do not want to fulfill their obligations and then serious organizations like the IBF have to strip them of their belts. That's why the WBA invented the "SUPER CHAMPION" and now the WBC invents the "CHAMPION FRANCHISE", because obviously they want the tickets of the juicy sanctions of when these "elite" fighters fight. WBC and WBA are businessmen, IBF is a governing body of boxing, that. And the WBO? Well, a hybrid of the other three ..... Canelo is a marketing product already, not a boxing champion, and he will fight with whomever he pleases as long as he can take advantages to win and it can be obvious to generate the as much money as possible, above any recognition as champion, that's how it is!
    You forgot the IBO lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
      it won't be andrade next. I don't think I've ever even heard him mention andrade. you've heard them go after kovalev and munguia but they never talk about andrade it's like he doesn't exist! clenelo and gbp know they will look bad against andrade they way they looked bad against lara. why fight a bigger more sturdier version of lara in andrade? andrade turns every fight into a stinker
      They contacted Andrade team twice last week and ESPN even wrote an article on it

Comment

So i just complained on another thread, but after thinking, this could be good.
        3G vs derey for ibf
        Canelo vs ?
        3G vs andrade unify
        Canelo vs smith
        3G vs mando
        Canelo vs 3G with the winner taking charlo
        If 3G wins his last fight is for all the marbles...

Probably doesnt play this way but i can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby26 View Post
          All these minimum wage Canelo haters happy that he is losing a belt yet Canelo gettg paid $35 million each fight lol . Freakn twilight zone . Canelo laughing all the way to the bank. He’ll just hv to buy another lamboughini to replace the hole the belt left. bwahaha
          People here care more about belts than someones salary.
          If you aren't ;ike this the maybe instead of boxingscene you better go somewhere like count-others-salary-noliferscene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Say what you will about ABC groups, but the IBF does seem to be one of them that don't give too many f#cks about stripping mfers.

If they'll do that here or not is debatable, but I don't think I'd bet against them.

That said I wouldn't be mad at Canelo vs Derevyanchenko next. I mainly just feel like Derevyanchenko isn't deserving of a shot at Canelo or a title shot specifically right now.
            This is so true. The IBF cops a lot of heat for their decisions on here, but bottom line is, they stick to their rules and don't give a s**t who they're stripping. Every other alphabet org can take a leaf out of the IBF's book and learn to bend over less.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
              This is so true. The IBF cops a lot of heat for their decisions on here, but bottom line is, they stick to their rules and don't give a s**t who they're stripping. Every other alphabet org can take a leaf out of the IBF's book and learn to bend over less.

you are applauding the principle, but ignoring the result

they have now fragmented TWO divisions, heavyweight and middleweight..... both of those decisions resulting in a shlt fight, and both of those decisions likely resulting in a guy who was NOT the best fighter in his division being crowned as champion

their rankings are SHlT !!..... until they fix that problem, their mandatories are simply toxic for boxing

nobody in their right mind could possibly suggest that forcing a Canelo/Derevyanchenko mandatory NOW is in the best interests of boxing..... far from it, that decision is CLEARLY blocking a unification matchup that would determine the undisputed middleweight champion of the world

it is total insanity, the IBF are shooting boxing in the foot because of their total inability to make a common-sense decision

this is what the IBF achieved.....

FACT: everyone is talking about who Canelo's next opponent will be, it has been the talk of boxingscene for the last 2 weeks..... well, guess what..... Derevyanchenko was not mentioned ONCE

so this is the effect that decision will have on boxing/fans

all of the good fights that have been mentioned so far, just got killed by the IBF..... and the IBF now pushed themselves onto the world-stage to make the following earth-shattering announcement..... that they think Derevyancehnko is the best middleweight in the planet loooool

congratulations IBF..... they look dumb as fcuk to me..... they are like casual-fans sitting on the outside looking in, without really having a clue what is happening

sorry bro, but I couldn't disagree more..... the IBF are fkn awful, and easily the worst sanctioning body

just like in business, and in life..... you have to get EVERYTHING right, period..... if you fall short in that regard, you often fail..... just like the IBF did

they have simply got to fix their truly dreadful rankings

1 > DEREVYANCHENKO
              2 > VACANT
              3 > GOLOVKIN
              4 > SZEREMETA
              5 > JACOBS
              6 > WOJCICKI
              7 > FALCAO
              8 > CULCAY
              9 > BUTLER
              10 > VOLNY
              11 > NURSULTANOV
              12 > RADOVAN
              13 > KEELER
              14 > QUIGLEY
              15 > FOX

no Andrade, no Charlo, no Brant, no Lemieux.....

ranking Derevy ahead of Jacobs, despite the fact Jacobs just beat him..... ranking Derevy ahead of Golovkin..... ranking Szeremeta ahead of Jacobs.....

no decision made by an organisation with rankings like that could possibly have a positive effect on boxing..... they are literally unqualified to comment

lets put this into perspective..... DAZN, refusing to approve a middleweight unification undisputed title fight..... is only the second stupidest thing that happened within boxing this week

IBF and DAZN are a fkn disgrace

Canelo should drop both of them and fight Andrade, I am 100% positive that DAZN refusing to approve an undisputed unification title-fight is a breach of their contract with Canelo

Canelo should start mentioning lawyers, and we will see how many seconds it takes DAZN to approve Andrade..... they would likely approve Andrade just to retain Canelo and avoid the bad publicity

Comment

just so the world knows.....

Just so the world knows.....

one of DAZN first acts since joining the boxing fraternity.....

refuse to approve a world title fight that would determine the undisputed unified middleweight champion of the world

that fight is right there, DAZN has both fighters..... but, DAZN would not " approve " the matchup

thanks DAZN, keep up the good work

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...4#post19890444

Comment

fun poll, please vote.....

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=820690

Comment

IBF at least try to do what they spose to

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      The easy out of fighting Andrade that GGG's been waiting for
                      Easy out? Derevyanchenko is better IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X