Collapse
No announcement yet.

would GGG ever fight a 175 champ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I don't think Golovkin would ever fight at 175 lber.

but until Canelo actually signs a fight against Kovalev AT 175, not some BS CW, than he's not exactly willing to fight a 175 lber either.

People need to make up their damn minds. Is it OK for a someone call a fighter out at a higher weight class and force them to fight at a CW? If so, how is that different than what GGG wanted with Ward and Froch when he asked them to fight at 164?

Let's wait and see what ginger does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
      Like I said, you manufacture these narratives in order to create adversaries to “defeat”. If you weren’t so entrenched in petty tribalism and actually took the time to read, you’d find that my alleged fanatical support for these fighters is just an illusion you’ve created in your pea sized brain in order to carry on with your unhealthy behaviour, while feeling a sense of justification. 53 years old and not a lick of self awareness.

nope

I say that because..... every time a Hoe needs saving, there you are..... frantically wearing out your pom-pom's

give it a rest man..... your persistent presence, and truckload of silly excuses, give you away

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        No, I don't think Golovkin would ever fight at 175 lber.

but until Canelo actually signs a fight against Kovalev AT 175, not some BS CW, than he's not exactly willing to fight a 175 lber either.

People need to make up their damn minds. Is it OK for a someone call a fighter out at a higher weight class and force them to fight at a CW? If so, how is that different than what GGG wanted with Ward and Froch when he asked them to fight at 164?

Let's wait and see what ginger does.

good post !

I agree with your sentiment..... I also would not walk across the street to watch a catchweight fight, especially one that spans TWO divisions

have seen them already, and the result is always the same

if the smaller guy wins, then the bigger guy was drained..... if the big guy wins, then the smaller guy should have stayed in his own division..... but I already know that bigger guys lose when you drain them, and I already know that smaller guys should stay in their own division..... so, not interested in any fight that will only provide questions not answers

regarding Golovkin..... I don't think he will ever fight a LHW opponent, regardless of weight

that is solely due to style, he is vulnerable to a much bigger opponent

he may fight a SMW..... either at 168, or catchweight

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          nope

I say that because..... every time a Hoe needs saving, there you are..... frantically wearing out your pom-pom's

give it a rest man..... your persistent presence, and truckload of silly excuses, give you away
          You’re at the very least a bit weird and a loser, at worst the sufferer of one or more mental disorders. 52 years old...smh. Stop acting like a 14 yr old and pull your life together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            You’re at the very least a bit weird and a loser, at worst the sufferer of one or more mental disorders. 52 years old...smh. Stop acting like a 14 yr old and pull your life together.

I am not 52yo son

why are you still here ?

isn't there a Hoe somewhere..... who needs saving ?

go do your job bltch

Comment

• Golovkin isn't trying to be a special boy. He's a very grounded, simplistic, conservative guy. Being "the" guy at the 160 middleweight division was all he was looking for. Vying to be the best 160lber in history is pretty much where his career perspective ends. I would actually call that more realistic and interesting rather than a wasted talent who set the bar too low. I can appreciate both Canelo and Golovkin's perspective for the sport.
              Canelo is a whale. He is the GoldenBoy battleship. It's his way or he highway. The tides of boxing will come and go but one things for certain, Team Canelo will keep on trucking. They know how to sustain his momentum and create lucrative opportunities that gives the people what they want.
              Golovkin doesn't put the cart ahead of the horse. He's like Wladimir in that sense. He fights for the lineal title. He gets the lineal title. He defends that title. That's it. He's as dangerous and talented as anyone you're ever going to find at middleweight. Locking down that division, racking up the title defenses one after the other and representing the boogeyman for 147-160lbers some up GGG precisely

Comment

• No. GGG isn't done conquering Welter and Jr middleweights yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                  Golovkin isn't trying to be a special boy. He's a very grounded, simplistic, conservative guy. Being "the" guy at the 160 middleweight division was all he was looking for. Vying to be the best 160lber in history is pretty much where his career perspective ends. I would actually call that more realistic and interesting rather than a wasted talent who set the bar too low. I can appreciate both Canelo and Golovkin's perspective for the sport.
                  Canelo is a whale. He is the GoldenBoy battleship. It's his way or he highway. The tides of boxing will come and go but one things for certain, Team Canelo will keep on trucking. They know how to sustain his momentum and create lucrative opportunities that gives the people what they want.
                  Golovkin doesn't put the cart ahead of the horse. He's like Wladimir in that sense. He fights for the lineal title. He gets the lineal title. He defends that title. That's it. He's as dangerous and talented as anyone you're ever going to find at middleweight. Locking down that division, racking up the title defenses one after the other and representing the boogeyman for 147-160lbers some up GGG precisely

I cannot remember a more protected fighter

I cannot remember a fighter who promised so much, but then delivered so little

" anyone from 154-168... the greatest middleweight ever "

but he turned out to be nothing even remotely close to that

sorry, but I think that Golovkin is the very dictionary definition of an underachiever..... and the point is, Golovkin underachieved because of his own timid selection policy

little-risk/little-reward..... is not how the greats did it

and that " they ducking me doe " rubbish... is just nonsense

Sturm avoided Golovkin, nobody else

Golovkin had never done anything to justify stepping in front of Sergio's money-fight with Cotto..... and, he still hasn't to this day..... also, Martinez signed an agreement with HBO to face Golovkin if he got past Cotto.....

G had to wait his turn or force the fight, just like everyone else including greats like Mayweather with Hoya etc

and when G totally refused to negotiate on weight with the little old faded 153lb SUPERSTAR Cotto, despite being happy to defend against Rosado at catchweight..... he totally removed himself from contention, AND HE KNEW IT

and Canelo fought Golovkin twice

Lara
                  Ward
                  Mora
                  Cotto
                  Saunders
                  Charlo
                  Andrade
                  Derevyanchenko

all of those fights were available at one point, MANY of those fights were available at many points..... MOST of those guys in that list are better than anyone on Golovkin's resume

he could have taken ALL of those fights, but he took none of them

NOTE: all of those fighters, with the exception of Charlo and Derevyanchenko..... are world-class mover/spoilers, or master-boxers..... who are notoriously difficult to look good against

I think that Golovkin is one of the most protected fighters ever..... and that he fell way short of expectations/promises
                  Last edited by aboutfkntime; 07-10-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    I cannot remember a more protected fighter

I cannot remember a fighter who promised so much, but then delivered so little

" anyone from 154-168... the greatest middleweight ever "

but he turned out to be nothing even remotely close to that

sorry, but I think that Golovkin is the very dictionary definition of an underachiever..... and the point is, Golovkin underachieved because of his own timid selection policy

little-risk/little-reward..... is not how the greats did it

and that " they ducking me doe " rubbish... is just nonsense

Sturm avoided Golovkin, nobody else

Golovkin had never done anything to justify stepping in front of Sergio's money-fight with Cotto..... and, he still hasn't to this day..... also, Martinez signed an agreement with HBO to face Golovkin if he got past Cotto.....

G had to wait his turn or force the fight, just like everyone else including greats like Mayweather with Hoya etc

and when G totally refused to negotiate on weight with the little old faded 153lb SUPERSTAR Cotto, despite being happy to defend against Rosado at catchweight..... he totally removed himself from contention, AND HE KNEW IT

and Canelo fought Golovkin twice

Lara
                    Ward
                    Mora
                    Cotto
                    Saunders
                    Charlo
                    Andrade
                    Derevyanchenko

all of those fights were available at one point, MANY of those fights were available at many points..... MOST of those guys in that list are better than anyone on Golovkin's resume

he could have taken ALL of those fights, but he took none of them

NOTE: all of those fighters, with the exception of Charlo and Derevyanchenko..... are world-class mover/spoilers, or master-boxers..... who are notoriously difficult to look good against

I think that Golovkin is one of the most protected fighters ever..... and that he fell way short of expectations/promises
                    He definitely isn't anywhere close to the most protected fighter ever. I do agree with a lot of what your saying though. Golovkin underachieved big time. I gave him a pass because he was an "action fighter" who was patiently waiting his turn at the WBC belt when Cotto and Canelo were seemingly avoiding him. It wound up being underwhelming considering the Jacob's fight showed how he only has one gear. Canelo, to his credit, has shown great rapidity and showmanship even with his gift decisions against Golovkin. Canelo and the team around him just make things very exciting and you can actually believe he will jump up in weight and take fights outside his comfort zone. Golovkin on the other hand just can't get a clue. Has it even occurred to him to adapt and grind to make a name? Look at Porter. The guy has the short hand of the stick and clearly isn't PBC's favorite fighter, yet he claws and grinds taking opportunities when ever and where ever he can get them. Golovkin should be bending over for fights with the Charlos, Billy Joe, Bistol, Anthony Yarde, Kovalev and even Ward. Go outside the box and compete with Canelo's resume. Maybe things will change since he's shaken his camp up. Canelo is always building. Golovkin just seems to sit on his hands and continues to think small

Comment

• Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                      He definitely isn't anywhere close to the most protected fighter ever. I do agree with a lot of what your saying though. Golovkin underachieved big time. I gave him a pass because he was an "action fighter" who was patiently waiting his turn at the WBC belt when Cotto and Canelo were seemingly avoiding him. It wound up being underwhelming considering the Jacob's fight showed how he only has one gear. Canelo, to his credit, has shown great rapidity and showmanship even with his gift decisions against Golovkin. Canelo and the team around him just make things very exciting and you can actually believe he will jump up in weight and take fights outside his comfort zone. Golovkin on the other hand just can't get a clue. Has it even occurred to him to adapt and grind to make a name? Look at Porter. The guy has the short hand of the stick and clearly isn't PBC's favorite fighter, yet he claws and grinds taking opportunities when ever and where ever he can get them. Golovkin should be bending over for fights with the Charlos, Billy Joe, Bistol, Anthony Yarde, Kovalev and even Ward. Go outside the box and compete with Canelo's resume. Maybe things will change since he's shaken his camp up. Canelo is always building. Golovkin just seems to sit on his hands and continues to think small
                      ****ing great post, not that i agree with everything but is really unbiased, thats really hard to see these days. keep up...

Comment

Working...
                      X