would GGG ever fight a 175 champ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    I cannot remember a more protected fighter

I cannot remember a fighter who promised so much, but then delivered so little

" anyone from 154-168... the greatest middleweight ever "

but he turned out to be nothing even remotely close to that

sorry, but I think that Golovkin is the very dictionary definition of an underachiever..... and the point is, Golovkin underachieved because of his own timid selection policy

little-risk/little-reward..... is not how the greats did it

and that " they ducking me doe " rubbish... is just nonsense

Sturm avoided Golovkin, nobody else

Golovkin had never done anything to justify stepping in front of Sergio's money-fight with Cotto..... and, he still hasn't to this day..... also, Martinez signed an agreement with HBO to face Golovkin if he got past Cotto.....

G had to wait his turn or force the fight, just like everyone else including greats like Mayweather with Hoya etc

and when G totally refused to negotiate on weight with the little old faded 153lb SUPERSTAR Cotto, despite being happy to defend against Rosado at catchweight..... he totally removed himself from contention, AND HE KNEW IT

and Canelo fought Golovkin twice

Lara
    Ward
    Mora
    Cotto
    Saunders
    Charlo
    Andrade
    Derevyanchenko

all of those fights were available at one point, MANY of those fights were available at many points..... MOST of those guys in that list are better than anyone on Golovkin's resume

he could have taken ALL of those fights, but he took none of them

NOTE: all of those fighters, with the exception of Charlo and Derevyanchenko..... are world-class mover/spoilers, or master-boxers..... who are notoriously difficult to look good against

I think that Golovkin is one of the most protected fighters ever..... and that he fell way short of expectations/promises
    You say that he should fight at a catchweight but you posted this response in this same thread.

I agree with your sentiment..... I also would not walk across the street to watch a catchweight fight, especially one that spans TWO divisions

have seen them already, and the result is always the same

if the smaller guy wins, then the bigger guy was drained..... if the big guy wins, then the smaller guy should have stayed in his own division..... but I already know that bigger guys lose when you drain them, and I already know that smaller guys should stay in their own division..... so, not interested in any fight that will only provide questions not answers

regarding Golovkin..... I don't think he will ever fight a LHW opponent, regardless of weight.

First you wouldn't walk across the street to view a catchweight fight. But then you scream bloody murder because a fighter won't engage in a practice that you don't like.

What the hell is wrong with you??
    Jesus man go take a chill pill..

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      You say that he should fight at a catchweight but you posted this response in this same thread.

I agree with your sentiment..... I also would not walk across the street to watch a catchweight fight, especially one that spans TWO divisions

have seen them already, and the result is always the same

if the smaller guy wins, then the bigger guy was drained..... if the big guy wins, then the smaller guy should have stayed in his own division..... but I already know that bigger guys lose when you drain them, and I already know that smaller guys should stay in their own division..... so, not interested in any fight that will only provide questions not answers

regarding Golovkin..... I don't think he will ever fight a LHW opponent, regardless of weight.

First you wouldn't walk across the street to view a catchweight fight. But then you scream bloody murder because a fighter won't engage in a practice that you don't like.

What the hell is wrong with you??
      Jesus man go take a chill pill..

I could not care less if Golovkin never fights above 160, catchweight or not

you have your whines mixed up lol

others may have whined about Bullshltkin refusing to move up, but I do not care..... Mr "anyone from 154-168" is under no compulsion to fight above 160 LMAO

I was asked a question, so I answered it honestly.....

Q. would GGG ever fight a 175 champ??

A. regarding Golovkin..... I don't think he will ever fight a LHW opponent, regardless of weight...... he may fight a SMW..... either at 168, or catchweight

I did not state what I prefer, or dislike..... I stated what I think will happen..... that Golovkin will never get in there with a LHW opponent, but he may fight a SMW either at 168 or below

Comment

• Triple bum needs to stop chasing Canelo. Canelo is at another level now and triple bum needs to fight other fighters.

Comment

I cannot remember a more protected fighter

I cannot remember a fighter who promised so much, but then delivered so little

" anyone from 154-168... the greatest middleweight ever "

but he turned out to be nothing even remotely close to that

sorry, but I think that Golovkin is the very dictionary definition of an underachiever..... and the point is, Golovkin underachieved because of his own timid selection policy

little-risk/little-reward..... is not how the greats did it

and that " they ducking me doe " rubbish... is just nonsense

Sturm avoided Golovkin, nobody else

Golovkin had never done anything to justify stepping in front of Sergio's money-fight with Cotto..... and, he still hasn't to this day..... also, Martinez signed an agreement with HBO to face Golovkin if he got past Cotto.....

G had to wait his turn or force the fight, just like everyone else including greats like Mayweather with Hoya etc

and when G totally refused to negotiate on weight with the little old faded 153lb SUPERSTAR Cotto, despite being happy to defend against Rosado at catchweight..... he totally removed himself from contention, AND HE KNEW IT

and Canelo fought Golovkin twice

Lara
          Ward
          Mora
          Cotto
          Saunders
          Charlo
          Andrade
          Derevyanchenko

all of those fights were available at one point, MANY of those fights were available at many points..... MOST of those guys in that list are better than anyone on Golovkin's resume

he could have taken ALL of those fights, but he took none of them

NOTE: all of those fighters, with the exception of Charlo and Derevyanchenko..... are world-class mover/spoilers, or master-boxers..... who are notoriously difficult to look good against

I think that Golovkin is one of the most protected fighters ever..... and that he fell way short of expectations/promises
          I have a few disagreements. When Golovkin opted to not indulge Cotto's catchweight after he just fought Sergio at a 4+ lb catchweight, it definitely took him out of contention. For that length of time Cotto was more or less a laughing stock for freezing up the middleweight division. Sure Cotto v Canelo was a big money fight but I think Cotto fought him because of the weak move he pulled in freezing out what "was" going to be HBO'S big star. Sergio himself said post-Cotto, Golovkin was "off the charts" as far as skill. He didn't want to face him.
          Golovkins big gamble was to simply wait for Canelo after he beat Cotto. It ended up failing miserably as we see now how Canelo has the W over him. With the exception of Lara and possibly Andrade, most of the guys like Charlo and Saunders weren't stepping in the ring with him. I mean it's pretty obvious. Just look at Wilder and Fury with Joshua and that is what you have with the Charlos and Saunders.. they talk a lot, make a spectacle over said fighter ducking them.. when in reality they have no immediate plans to land that fight.
          Whether people want to admit it or not, Golovkin is old. He was old when he fought Jacob's and he was old fighting Canelo. His style does not age well at all. It reminds me of an old Joe Louis. He has the power and durability. He just doesn't have the maneuverability and speed to fight in a telephone booth anymore. He's still an elite fighter. His forward hunching one dimensional style however, where it's strength of always being on balance, now has been exposed as a slow plodding aging brawler who can't pull the trigger. It takes great focus and reflexes to slip punches from the position for 12 rounds. Duran was a scrappy, nimble guy able to slip and move against the younger, longer naturally bigger guys. Golovkins size and reach betrays him at 160. He can't shift, throw his biggest overhand shots or counter punch against the similar and smaller sized guys. Lastly, he's on old legs that already don't give him a good foundation. Simply put, whether 168 or 175, he doesn't have the legs or offensive tenacity to really do anything we aren't already used to seeing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            Would you give ggg credit if he fought kovalev at a cw with a rehydration clause?

Canelo would be trying to snatch a belt while putting the belt holder at a disadvantage...not sure that’s “chasing greatness”.
            ^^^^ thread ended here.

Comment

I could not care less if Golovkin never fights above 160, catchweight or not

you have your whines mixed up lol

others may have whined about Bullshltkin refusing to move up, but I do not care..... Mr "anyone from 154-168" is under no compulsion to fight above 160 LMAO

I was asked a question, so I answered it honestly.....

Q. would GGG ever fight a 175 champ??

A. regarding Golovkin..... I don't think he will ever fight a LHW opponent, regardless of weight...... he may fight a SMW..... either at 168, or catchweight

I did not state what I prefer, or dislike..... I stated what I think will happen..... that Golovkin will never get in there with a LHW opponent, but he may fight a SMW either at 168 or below

Your opinion about whether you think Golovkin will move up is probably honest the rest is just damage control.

Comment

• Golovkin ''doesn't need to'' do anything. It's best it always stays that way. Leave other hypothetical matchups for the big dogs. The posters here and minions more worldwide can pass on the legendary myths that GGG was the GOAT!

Comment

Your opinion about whether you think Golovkin will move up is probably honest the rest is just damage control.

then stop crying you bltch

Comment

then stop crying you bltch
                    Not crying just saying..

Comment

Your opinion about whether you think Golovkin will move up is probably honest

cool ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X